View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.78%
  • To a top four finish?

152 67.56%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.11%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.44%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 229 of 285 FirstFirst ... 129179219226227228229230231232239279 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 5700

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    OMG HE'S A FRAUD! NOOOOOOOOOO!
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Icardi is not a fraud, sadly he is one of the rare people that knows how to score goals in our team and he is also the best one at that. Not recognizing that is silly.

Would still cash in on him tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

3. Thanks (2): morrisama, phonk

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    What the hell was our coach smoking, if he really made those statements. Stupid !!

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

It's funny how the main criticism is that Icardi scored because people pass the ball to him, HOW DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO GET THE BALL? BY UPS? I think we're being trolled because no one can be this daft.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

6. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Shark

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    It's funny how the main criticism is that Icardi scored because people pass the ball to him, HOW DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO GET THE BALL? BY UPS? I think we're being trolled because no one can be this daft.
    No, the main criticism is that Icardi offers almost nothing except to deliver the final touch. And when his final touch is shit last three months is normal people to raise their voices.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    No, the main criticism is that Icardi offers almost nothing except to deliver the final touch. And when his final touch is shit last three months is normal people to raise their voices.
    But he does offer something, watch him against Barcelona and PSV he was everywhere.

How is Icardi held to such a high standard? Unless he scores in every game he's terrible and should be replaced by the new flavour of the month. If some of you were in charge of the club we'd be in Serie C.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    fuck em all

Serbia

Toninu why do you even bother ?

I said at one point when icardi started well, that first time icardi start his hibernation period everyone will start shitting on him... its every year case, no need to bother much
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Extremely shit.
    Like so shit that if you took a shit on a toilet it would look like him.

10. Thanks (4): brakbrak, MVD, Shark, Toninu

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    For me these are just excuses by him. I never saw the likes of Ronaldinho, Henry, CR7, Messi get affected by their "contract talks." Load of rubbish. His contract still has 2 years left and its not like Icardi isn't getting paid. The whole team goes through this winter bad spell and everyone suffers including Icardi. Has been going on for the last few years now.

Not too wise in his current situation to have another dig at our directors.
    My point was that irrespective of how less they were paid in comparison, I never saw them get distracted over a contract dispute etc etc and now Marotta with statements like "Icardi is not a champion, yet."
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

But he does offer something, watch him against Barcelona and PSV he was everywhere.

How is Icardi held to such a high standard? Unless he scores in every game he's terrible and should be replaced by the new flavour of the month. If some of you were in charge of the club we'd be in Serie C.
    Its because everyone compares him to Messi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member

It's because for the fucking billionth time, Icardi's contribution is largely limited to putting the ball in the net and little else. So when he's not putting the ball in the net, he's practically doing nothing. I don't for the life of me understand how some people still don't see that Icardi most closely fits the 'poacher' description than any other type of forward.

Someone like Perisic has stopped scoring, but he's still tracking back and defending like crazy. He's still providing crosses from the left poor though they may be. He's still linking up with Asamoah and Brozovic and helping retain and move possession about on the left side of the pitch.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    It's because for the fucking billionth time, Icardi's contribution is largely limited to putting the ball in the net and little else. So when he's not putting the ball in the net, he's practically doing nothing. I don't for the life of me understand how some people still don't see that Icardi most closely fits the 'poacher' description than any other type of forward.

Someone like Perisic has stopped scoring, but he's still tracking back and defending like crazy. He's still providing crosses from the left poor though they may be. He's still linking up with Asamoah and Brozovic and helping retain and move possession about on the left side of the pitch.
    Is Perisic a striker? Should Icardi go deep and play the ball with Skriniar? That will sure help us bang in the goals.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Is Perisic a striker? Should Icardi go deep and play the ball with Skriniar? That will sure help us bang in the goals.
    it would also help if icardi started banging in the goals again. it's basically the only thing he is asked to do and for which he wants at least 7 mil per year, yet it's not happening for a while and it's certainly not only the wingers' fault
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

17. Thanks (2): Ed., MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post

I disagree. Besides of goal scoring ability, Icardi is capable of providing assists in a very good way, when I say so, I mean that he has managed to assist some beautiful chances and create something out of nothing, but our other forwarders are rather crap at finishing (also in earlier period like example Eder or anyone else). Also lets not forget that Icardi is VERY useful during defensive side of set-pieces and he has proved that in earlier seasons as well.

This is a very difficult period which Icardi is going through, but you cannot take away his first touch and also ability to keep the ball with the opponent behind his back (also he has managed to improve on his strength). Like I said, lately he has been committing too many stupid errors and was completely off when it comes to scoring goals and creating chances but that's just a temporary thing and I'm not worried about that because he has proved his doubters, every single time.

Mauro has played with some of the worst Inter players ever and he is still here after all these banter years, scoring crucial goals and everything else. We should appreciate him so much for his contributions and loyalty because there aren't many others left like Icardi. Besides him and Handanovic have been the most consistent Inter players in the past few years.

Interisti should take it easy on Mauro though.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    it would also help if icardi started banging in the goals again. it's basically the only thing he is asked to do and for which he wants at least 7 mil per year, yet it's not happening for a while and it's certainly not only the wingers' fault
    Wingers fault, no midfield at all fault, wingbacks with awful crossing and LS ordering Icardi to play deeper to become more well rounded. Recipe for disaster.

20. Thanks (3): MVD, Palacio, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

As far as I agree that he offered a lot against Barca and PSV, he doesn't play like that every game. And now he is doing a lot worse than before, and it's worrying
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

22. Thanks (1): Ed.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

PSV was the last match he performed. It has been 10 matches since and Benevento is one of them. We all know the quality of Icardi but he deserves criticism right now as much as any other players. His skill that he can keep in constant performance is poaching the goal and he has not done it for 10 matches. We used to say "Give Icardi half a chance and he will put it into the net", he simply doesn't do it anymore in the last 10 matches. He has missed goals left and right. He doesn't fight as much as he used to lately. He doesn't connect well with his team.
    Last edited by Ed.; 12 Feb 19 at 16:17. Reason: typo correction
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

24. Thanks (3): Dylan, PHM1605, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Ye Gods! I thought this thread was about Spalletti? The question is how to get Icardi back in form? I and others have suggested change in formation or sometime on the pine. We will need both Spalletti and Icardi to up their games to insure a top four position. Forza Inter!

26. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Inter Manager Spalletti & CEO Marotta Meet To Clear The Air

Inter chief executive Giuseppe ‘Beppe’ Marotta and Inter manager Luciano Spalletti have sat down together in a bid to clarify the recent events according to a report from broadcaster Sky Sport.

Spalletti recently publicly suggested that ongoing contract negotiations between the club and club captain Mauro Icardi were proving detrimental to the Argentine striker and his form. Moreover, Spalletti was also critical of Marotta’s decision to go public about Ivan Perisic’s transfer request during the January transfer window.

The meeting was supposed to take place yesterday but due to Marotta being ill, the meeting was cancelled. It was rescheduled and took place at lunch time today as per Sky Sport.

The summit allowed all involved parties to clear the air in a relaxed atmosphere and return the focus on the shared interest they have which is doing the best for the team who are going through a delicate moment on the pitch at this time.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Spalletti was out of line here (re Perisic & Icardi comments) - he can't criticise his boss in the media, that sends all kinds of wrong signals and will only make things worse in terms of team unity / mentality. Its Moratta's right to say the things he did about Perisic and negotiate with Icardi. If Spalletti had issues with that, he should have taken it up privately.

This one is all on Spalletti I am afraid.

30. Thanks (2): Palacio, yoszee

India

Quote Originally Posted by Ethor View Post
    Ye Gods! I thought this thread was about Spalletti? The question is how to get Icardi back in form? I and others have suggested change in formation or sometime on the pine. We will need both Spalletti and Icardi to up their games to insure a top four position. Forza Inter!
    Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 12.39.55 AM.png

32. Thanks (1): Devious