View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.39%
  • To a top four finish?

157 68.26%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 6.96%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.17%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 301 of 324 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302303304311 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6479

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    You expected what. Honestly if it's about the game, please share but if it's some long-winded nostalgic stuff, then I'd rather not.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nothing nostalgic about it. I'm just saying that we've reached a level where we have to point out that the team actually tried to win the game. Against a relegated side no less.
    A good performance, I dont know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

Malaysia

wanna swap Spalletti with Gattuso?
    sorry for my bad English

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    wanna swap Spalletti with Gattuso?
    We're already getting Conte, no need for a Milanista the version.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Politano injured, what do you guys would do now? A) You cold sub in lautaro to play with 2 strikers or B) you could play with keita...NOPE!!!!! When i saw Candreva coming in i was so mad. This guy is retard, seriously.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Contrary to the 2 striker fan club here, this is what I wanted to see Spalletti try out all season:

Perisic - Icardi - Martinez
    Nainggolan
    Brozovic - Vecino
    Asamoah - De Vrij - Skriniar - D'Ambrosio
    Handanovic

Martinez is not a wing forward, but there is no reason why he cannot adapt to that role with the instruction to cut in rather than cross. This would have worked better with an attacking RB who could hug the line and take on the crossing responsibility. Maybe, just maybe there is a chance Spalletti might attempt this against Napoli or Empoli if Politano is out. Its better than starting Candreva who seems completely lost.

6. Thanks (2): Lui, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Dude is getting sacked?

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    Dude is getting sacked?
    It's not 100% certain, but very likely though

9. Thanks (2): Armes, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Hopefully he doesn't use Candreva as starter next games.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

That is some next level optimism Bluenine, I'd love to see that but we all know we're getting Candreva. I could see Lautaro as a Son-type WF.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

12. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Bluenine, Lui, MVD

India

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    That is some next level optimism Bluenine, I'd love to see that but we all know we're getting Candreva. I could see Lautaro as a Son-type WF.
    Toro sorely lacks the pace to accomplish this, unfortunately

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    Toro sorely lacks the pace to accomplish this, unfortunately
    Yeah, Son is lightning quick to be fair. Ideally Lautaro would be able to make up for it with dribbling skills and like Bluenine says, a RB who's consistently bombing down the wing to support him.

Our entire team is desperately in need of some pace to be honest, the only one who doesn't look like he's running through mud is Politano.
    Last edited by YoramG; 14 May 19 at 17:04.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I have seen absolutely nothing from Lautaro that makes me want to see him play out wide.

While I like the guy and want him to get more game time going forward, I don't think he particularly excels at anything either. I've often criticised Icardi for a variety of (footballing) reasons but one thing is absolutely clear: in the specific areas of finishing and making that extra yard of space, he is undeniably world class.

I'm not expecting Lautaro to be world class in any aspect, but what exactly is his build as a player? To my eyes, his finishing seems pretty decent, both with his feet and with his head. He seems fairly strong. And I like his game sense to an extent - he seems to see opportunities and makes chances, both for himself and his teammates.

But as some of you have pointed out, he is definitely not a fast player. I'd say his shooting is quite weak as well. There are some dudes like Guarin who have a rocket-shot and Lautaro is far, far from that. He utilises some neat skills and trickery from time to time, but firstly, these things are not the same as dribbling. I haven't seen much evidence that Lautaro possesses the movement or close control to dribble past anyone on a regular basis. In this regard, even a shitter like Politano is vastly superior. Lautaro taking on people 1v1 is not something I want to see. Secondly, we've all seen these abysmal games where Lautaro seems to try a first-touch backheel every time the ball comes to him and he just ends up losing possession like a retard, so we can say even this aspect of his game is pretty inconsistent.

All in all, we have, IMO, a pure #9 who is just 1.74m tall, is strong on the ball, but lacks any pace or ability to beat defenders 1v1. His finishing is alright, not particularly great. From time to time he can create opportunities with his decent game sense and some neat little flicks. This is the player I see, and to be honest, it's not a particularly great player. Not right now anyway. I don't know what the rest of you see. I honestly feel like he's just worse at finishing than Icardi, and slightly better in terms of build up play, but not even that dissimilar.

Sure, it's early days, but I've seen next to nothing that makes me think Lautaro will succeed as an AM or winger. I'd prefer to see Vecino at AM and Politano at RW - and I fucking hate Vecino and Politano.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lautaro is not a pure #9. I think I mentioned before we signed him when people drew Aguero comparisons that he's more like a Claudio Lopez than anything. Which is not bad, I think he'll be better, but he's that type of player. He'd do wonders next to Icardi but shit happens.

17. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    IMO he is a 9.25, maybe 9.5
    Last edited by Wallace; 14 May 19 at 20:22.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I have seen absolutely nothing from Lautaro that makes me want to see him play out wide.

While I like the guy and want him to get more game time going forward, I don't think he particularly excels at anything either. I've often criticised Icardi for a variety of (footballing) reasons but one thing is absolutely clear: in the specific areas of finishing and making that extra yard of space, he is undeniably world class.

I'm not expecting Lautaro to be world class in any aspect, but what exactly is his build as a player? To my eyes, his finishing seems pretty decent, both with his feet and with his head. He seems fairly strong. And I like his game sense to an extent - he seems to see opportunities and makes chances, both for himself and his teammates.

But as some of you have pointed out, he is definitely not a fast player. I'd say his shooting is quite weak as well. There are some dudes like Guarin who have a rocket-shot and Lautaro is far, far from that. He utilises some neat skills and trickery from time to time, but firstly, these things are not the same as dribbling. I haven't seen much evidence that Lautaro possesses the movement or close control to dribble past anyone on a regular basis. In this regard, even a shitter like Politano is vastly superior. Lautaro taking on people 1v1 is not something I want to see. Secondly, we've all seen these abysmal games where Lautaro seems to try a first-touch backheel every time the ball comes to him and he just ends up losing possession like a retard, so we can say even this aspect of his game is pretty inconsistent.

All in all, we have, IMO, a pure #9 who is just 1.74m tall, is strong on the ball, but lacks any pace or ability to beat defenders 1v1. His finishing is alright, not particularly great. From time to time he can create opportunities with his decent game sense and some neat little flicks. This is the player I see, and to be honest, it's not a particularly great player. Not right now anyway. I don't know what the rest of you see. I honestly feel like he's just worse at finishing than Icardi, and slightly better in terms of build up play, but not even that dissimilar.

Sure, it's early days, but I've seen next to nothing that makes me think Lautaro will succeed as an AM or winger. I'd prefer to see Vecino at AM and Politano at RW - and I fucking hate Vecino and Politano.
    Spot in assessment. However, I'm going to reserve judgement on his shooting. I've seen a lot of highlites where he has scored and missed from range, and although he doesnt have a rocket, it is quick and clever. If any skill can be trusted from one league to another its shooting. He had a nice effort vs chievo with little time and space, and I would like to see our CF, whoever it is have more quality opportunities to shoot.

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post

Lautaro reminds me a lot of Javier Hernandez, but better technically.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Lautaro has the instinct for goal. He is a pure #9 with a decent all round game for a 9, but his finishing needs improvement.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

23. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    The commentator here says the management already informed him he is a goner? If so, that's insane.
    That commentator is clearly not familiar with Inter. We don't sack coaches until the next season is about to start

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Lautaro reminds me a lot of Javier Hernandez, but better technically.
    I've always said he strikes me as a more technical Giovanni Simeone ha
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    In your last game here, please please play Icardi-Lautaro upfront for God’s sake. Go for it all.
    Spoiler: text