View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

38 19.29%
  • To a top four finish?

135 68.53%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

15 7.61%
  • To an EL Spot?

22 11.17%
  • Outside the European places?

10 5.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138
Results 2,741 to 2,749 of 2749

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Erm, didn't we actually play 4-4-1-1?
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    His start 11 was piss. How can pogba, after winning the fucking thing be fit to play LAST week and perisic and Sime aren't.
    Lol.I guess u are new with Croatian mentality.No one except from Brozović is ready.I dont mean in Inter but no one from whole NT.Even fucking third GK is apparently not ready yet for a new season.This is not coincidence.

5. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    His biggest fault yesterday was using his favourite formation despite the fact that he didn't have/pick the right players to do so.

I don't have the privilege of watching every training session, hence I have no problem admitting that he knows each player's physical condition better than me, and so I won't argue about his choice of men (even though I think that if he really wants to help Dalbert out, he should start playing him in less tricky fixtures, for instance). However, even if we assume that he picked the best possible XI, I think using a 4-3-1-2 (instead of his beloved 4-2-3-1) would have suited the team better, making it look more cohesive on the pitch. Mind you, I'm not saying that we would have certainly won, but at least the team would have looked more logical and purposeful (Lautaro and Asamoah would have played in their natural positions, for one).

That's probably my biggest gripe about yesterday's game (and his tenure in general): he tries to mould the players into his favourite formation instead of doing the exact opposite (tailoring the formation to the roster at his disposal).
    J.Mario as a trequartista

Main problem here is that too much people are so delusional with this stories in preseason that we are second best team or whatever.Very good mercato this summer but we are really not.And yes,he is stubborn,yes we will play like a shit many games in a season and we all know that already (at least we should) but he will bring one or two more years of the stability with CL and hopefully growth in points every season and there we could be ready for something more with a different coach and a better team.

So basically,Cholo has one or two more years to win CL with Atletico

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

Obviously it’s irrational to want him fired. However yesterday’s game showed why everyone is frustrated with him. He tries to get too creative with his lineups sometimes and once his initial plan fails, he struggles to find ways to better our attack mid game. I mean seriously he was just throwing wingers out on the field yesterday and hoping for the best. Even tho we couldn’t string a pass together to save our lives. I’ll always believe plenty of people overrate him here simply because he made CL. We had a top 4 squad last year with no Euro competitions. He did what he was expected to do. And barely managed to do it. I’m holding out hope he proves me wrong, but he’s nowhere near a top manager in the league.

Russian Federation

there is only one guy to take us now- conte, and he is die hard 3-5-2 and mercato is closed.
    so we have to stick to spalletti for another year unless he hit losing streak
    Inter Banter era 2011-

Poland

Getting to CL again with less drama should be our only goal, hope Spall can deliver.

10. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    My problem with Sassuolo match is that our defensive game leaked. We conceded so many counter attacks with Dalbert/Asamoah NOWHERE to be seen. Clearly it was an instruction that LB will go more forward but what was the point? LB (the role) didn't do fucking shit in this game, apart from Asamoah being beast generally. Our ability to prevent counter attacks was abysmal in this match.

They should have prepared better for that pitch. It was below par so don't try to play some fancy shit. Only direct football with strong defence. Now you did jack shit up front but leaked down at the back.

12. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Universe

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Ireland

I think its hilarious calling for Spalletti to be sacked and the best name being thrown forward is Conte, a manager who plays even more negative than Spalletti. All the criticisms you throw at Spalletti, the Chelsea fans have already levelled at Conte.

He wasn't the appointment we wanted at the time, hell I even wanted Conte because he was rumoured to be unhappy in London but I'm since glad we didnt, but Spalletti came in and actually achieved CL qualification.

He made mistakes yesterday, but it was one game. He met expectations last season, how about giving him a chance this season rather than calling for his head after opening day?

14. Thanks (1): Wobblz