View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

    40 17.39%
  • To a top four finish?

    157 68.26%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

    16 6.96%
  • To an EL Spot?

    28 12.17%
  • Outside the European places?

    12 5.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 324 of 324 FirstFirst ... 224274314321322323324
Results 6,461 to 6,479 of 6479

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

  1. #6461
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    23,380
    Thanked
    13,580 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    I understand both sides. Both sides are right. So it's just up to Spalletti to decide what he wants. If he wants money more than coaching, he just sits and gets his pay checks from Inter. And it's fine, I'm not complaining about his actions whatever he decides.
    Last edited by CafeCordoba; 10 Oct 19 at 05:29.

  2. Thanks (2): Rain, thatdude

  3. #6462
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,532
    Thanked
    18,477 times

    Italy

    70
    Starting today, he is basically a retired old man. It's like he grew older ten years overnight.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  4. Thanks (1): MVD

  5. #6463
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    973
    Thanked
    963 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    I am glad we are putting the spanner in the works for AC because its extremely important they miss out on the UCL next year and imo Spalletti is a coach who can give them that even with this squad of theirs.However there is a risk that squad is not good enough and i think its best Spalletti stays away from it.I feel like he should next go to England and i think his conservative balanced football should be quite successful at clubs like Everton or dare i even say Spurs and Arse.

    His last 2 spells in Italy with Roma and Inter though successful in the sense of reaching their objectives were still marred by lots of toxicity and i think it would do him a world of good to try the EPL.He is a good coach who has a lot to give still and with the ownership at Milan being questionable i think its best he avoids them.

    Hopefully they keep Giampaolo and if they are to sack him it happens later on once their UCL ambitions are hit even more and they are about 10 points off 4th.Right now they are only 4 points off and with a coach like Spalletti thats easily surpassable.So well done Marotta and Suning .

  6. #6464
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanked
    5,338 times

    Serbia

    Anyone sane would've sacked Spalletti, his football made Mancini look like Mourinho in comparison. Both times CL qualification was thanks to luck in the last moment, he had zero vision, zero concrete and concise ideas in regards to what our gameplan should be like. He was stubborn with his choices and definitely not good enough for Inter. His Roma results were above his natural peak, we got fooled, the world moves on. There is no alternate universe in which anyone would've allowed Spalletti to continue as our manager.

    That being said, being a petty little bitch about the negotiations only further confirms what I've been thinking about his character forever now. I wrote a day or two ago in the thread, it's within his right to remain under contract, and probably a better decision for him, but nonetheless it speaks volumes. How much money do you need when you are already a multi-millionaire? He doesn't have any ambition.

    And to turn the attention on the third party here, Milan have been through more different pep talks than a fucking cancer patient. There comes a point where your squad will become numb and immune to any sort of motivation, and I truly believe they have hit that point. Our banter era was difficult but at least we kept rotating and kept a steady influx of new shitters.

    Milan doesn't need a new manager, they need a fire sale and complete replacement of the entire squad sans Dollar, Pasqueta and Piatek. Either that or an email to a Make-A-Wish foundation.

  7. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

  8. #6465
    H_D_Swagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Mar 11
    Posts
    546
    Thanked
    517 times

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    That being said, being a petty little bitch about the negotiations only further confirms what I've been thinking about his character forever now. I wrote a day or two ago in the thread, it's within his right to remain under contract, and probably a better decision for him, but nonetheless it speaks volumes. How much money do you need when you are already a multi-millionaire? He doesn't have any ambition.
    Would you say the same about Conte considering he sat out his Chelsea contract?

  9. Thanks (1): Geza

  10. #6466
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    15,250
    Thanked
    22,095 times

    United States

    I like that we’re taking the hard line. We already budgeted for Spalletti’s salary and we do not owe Milan any favors. If he wants to leave he can leave but we certainly shouldn’t pay him to go join our rivals and potentially make them relevant again.

    I know everyone thinks Milan is dire but there are some good players there. Spalletti will get more out of them then Giampaolo did and at the very least make the derbies more difficult.


  11. #6467
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanked
    5,338 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by H_D_Swagger View Post
    Would you say the same about Conte considering he sat out his Chelsea contract?
    Not 100% familiar with the circumstances in Conte's situation so I can't speak on that.
    To clarify, when I said that I don't blame Spalletti for sitting it out, I thought it was self-explanatory. He is mourning his brother, he just got out of two incredibly stressful and taxing years at Inter where media was on his ass every day. Spalletti is 60 years old, I don't blame him if he wanted to just chill the fuck out for a good while and enjoy life. I really don't.
    At the same time clock is ticking, nobody wants a 70yo senile manager. Like someone wrote today here, this is likely his last chance at leading a somewhat top club.

  12. Thanks (1): MVD

  13. #6468
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    973
    Thanked
    963 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Not 100% familiar with the circumstances in Conte's situation so I can't speak on that.
    To clarify, when I said that I don't blame Spalletti for sitting it out, I thought it was self-explanatory. He is mourning his brother, he just got out of two incredibly stressful and taxing years at Inter where media was on his ass every day. Spalletti is 60 years old, I don't blame him if he wanted to just chill the fuck out for a good while and enjoy life. I really don't.
    At the same time clock is ticking, nobody wants a 70yo senile manager. Like someone wrote today here, this is likely his last chance at leading a somewhat top club.

    Okay dude thats a casteist slur that shall not pass!!!

  14. Thanks (1): dax21

  15. #6469
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    4,473
    Thanked
    7,813 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I like that we’re taking the hard line. We already budgeted for Spalletti’s salary and we do not owe Milan any favors. If he wants to leave he can leave but we certainly shouldn’t pay him to go join our rivals and potentially make them relevant again.

    I know everyone thinks Milan is dire but there are some good players there. Spalletti will get more out of them then Giampaolo did and at the very least make the derbies more difficult.
    Yep, he never lost a Derby in the league. Spalletti won't win them anything but he would have them challenging. Also yes Milan have a decent starting 11,they aren't shit. With a good manager they could definitely challenge for 4th.

  16. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  17. #6470
    A.l.i's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Dec 06
    Posts
    10,073
    Thanked
    2,265 times
    Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

    Pakistan

    95 10 years of FIF
    *Could* but Roma are far better than them and will achieve 4th spot.
    Spoiler: text 

  18. #6471

    Join Date
    05 Mar 04
    Posts
    7,277
    Thanked
    620 times
    Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

    Nepal

    21 10 years of FIF
    It is still a financial loss for us if he didn't join Milan for a milllion or so. I want us to get rid of all the deadweights and spend that money for a midfielder or two.

  19. #6472
    Sassuolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanked
    7,569 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Yep, he never lost a Derby in the league. Spalletti won't win them anything but he would have them challenging. Also yes Milan have a decent starting 11,they aren't shit. With a good manager they could definitely challenge for 4th.
    When did Spalletti have an opportunity like Allegri and Mancini to have a full fledged title winning side? Its a trick question because the answer was never. He makes the most of what he has.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

    GRAZIE LUCIANO!

    WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

  20. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, PHM1605

  21. #6473
    morepoststhanu JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    40,222
    Thanked
    54,986 times
    Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    When did Spalletti have an opportunity like Allegri and Mancini to have a full fledged title winning side? Its a trick question because the answer was never. He makes the most of what he has.
    Can I thank this post a billion times?!

    Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

  22. Thanks (1): MVD

  23. #6474
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    4,473
    Thanked
    7,813 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Sassuolu View Post
    When did Spalletti have an opportunity like Allegri and Mancini to have a full fledged title winning side? Its a trick question because the answer was never. He makes the most of what he has.
    He managed the second best team numerous times though, so he needs the absolute best team to win anything? The argument of why mancini and allegri aren't good managers is because they had the best teams so why is spalletti good for finishing second with the second best?
    Also, how does that have anything to do with my post? It's quite obvious he won't win anything with Milan which is what I said

  24. Thanks (1): MVD

  25. #6475

    Join Date
    09 Mar 04
    Posts
    2,930
    Thanked
    2,471 times

    Australia

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Inter of a previous era may have given him a nice golden handshake and saved us some money. This is not that era. Marotta is a miserly control freak who negotiates very hard. Apparently he told Spalletti he is free to join Milan by terminating his contract... i.e. fuck off. I wouldn't be surprised if thats true, sounds just like Marotta.

    Regarding Spalletti being upset with Inter, I can understand that. Inter promised big spending (remember #InterIsComing), and then made him work on small budget. He achieved his goals and when there was big money to be spend due to CL, Inter got rid of him. He did the work, Conte reaped the benefits. I would be pissed in his place too. But thats the way the business is done. He is entitled to his wages as long as he has the contract, and if he wants to join Milan, he has to settle his contract.
    Regarding Marotta, all I have to say is that I am glad he is a part of our management. Inter's management has for too long been soft to the detriment of the club as well as an international laughing stock. The club needed someone to make hard decisions and play hardball with employees of the club, both players and coaching personnel. If Spalletti wants to coach again, his new team can foot the bill or he can forgo demanding full payment of his contract. Otherwise, he will simply have to accept being a winemaker.

    With all due respect to your post, saying that Spalletti did all the work and Conte is simply reaping the benefits of that work is an inaccurate oversimplification. The simple fact of the matter is that management realised how limited Spalletti was as a tactician. Those limitations also extended to his management of the players which last season was shambolic. Management had to make a choice. Handing a limited coach a large transfer budget with full knowledge of the damage that was inccurred last season, would have been negligent and to the detriment of Inter as a club. The club therefore decided to move on to Conte because of Spalletti's limitations.

    Your statement that Conte has reaped the benefit of Spaletti's work implies that Conte has simply stepped into Spalletti's shoes and that is not the case. Conte is taking steps to implement a new system with numerous new players. He has worked on the mentality of the players which in Spalletti's time was nothing short of atrocious. Quite simply: when the players took to the field under Spalletti, we had no idea how they were going to play. Would they be switched on? Or would they concede two goals and start playing with ten minutes left? Not to mention the fact that they usually always struggled against shit opponents and hid from others.

    Currently, Inter as a team is coming together. They work together and for each other to win games. They are organised and they also fight for each other. Conte is therefore forging a new path and none of that has to do with his predecessor who was a loser, petty, coward, that was too scared to try anything new, favoured shit players, and picked fights which resulted in a splintered playing group. Thankfully, Spalletti's Inter is fading to memory and our early season promise is solely down to the club's management that decided to get rid of him and the relentless and hard work of both Conte and the players.
    Last edited by Puma; 10 Oct 19 at 04:01.
    #FlyEaglesFly

  26. Thanks (3): GenDire, InterFCAustin, Nothing

  27. #6476
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    23,380
    Thanked
    13,580 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    To me, the issue why he was sacked was not the tactics. It was how he lost the locker room. He couldn't control the things going on there. He lost the control. The result of that was the team didn't play that well because the team as a collective didn't give enough shit. The management had to clean the house and that's why Spalletti among others was pushed out.

  28. Thanks (1): delaurentis

  29. #6477
    Sassuolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanked
    7,569 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Think Spalletti was pushed out because Conte was available.

    But I agree with Cordoba, although I am curious about how the team would've played with a back four and Barella and Sensi under Spalletti.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

    GRAZIE LUCIANO!

    WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

  30. #6478
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    17,272
    Thanked
    12,472 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Spalletti was gonna be out either way. The decision was taken in January. It was a question of when.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

  31. #6479
    Sassuolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanked
    7,569 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    He managed the second best team numerous times though, so he needs the absolute best team to win anything? The argument of why mancini and allegri aren't good managers is because they had the best teams so why is spalletti good for finishing second with the second best?
    Also, how does that have anything to do with my post? It's quite obvious he won't win anything with Milan which is what I said
    For the life of me I can't remember why I quoted your post because my point was completely unrelated.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

    GRAZIE LUCIANO!

    WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

  32. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •