View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.47%
  • To a top four finish?

156 68.12%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 6.99%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.23%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 202 of 317 FirstFirst ... 102152192199200201202203204205212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 6336

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Grande Spalletti has been taking my advice ( ) and slowly integrates a 4-4-2 formation. Hope he doesn't decide to go 3-5-2 or 5-4-1 for no reason after 85 minutes and cause a suicidal loss of points.

2. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Half of the season is behind us now. I think overall Spalletti has done very good job. We are third in the standings with a good margin to the 4th team. We almost qualified in CL group.

We haven't gathered as many points as last season but last season's first part success was just insane. What is important is that we have an actual playing style and we can create chances in games. As frustrating as it is to watch our games time to time, we happen to create chances still. Why we are with lesser points than year ago is we haven't been as effective with our chances. Last season it was miracle we did so well in those first 15 matches, because we hit the wall after that period because we didn't have a backbone to lean on.

Now we do. We have our playing style which provides us the support for every match. It doesn't work perfectly, of course, but we can manage with it pretty well. And we've done all this mostly without our most important and expensive acquisition of the summer, Nainggolan. This brings us hope that we can have better second part of the season than year ago.

Last season we got 41 points at half mark of the season. Second half we got 31 points. That's 10 fucking points less! I don't know how many big matches were away games in the first part but that's a massive letdown. We need to avoid that at all a costs this season. IMO we need to at least level our first part points in the second part of the season. This season we will have Juve, Roma and Lazio home games in spring, Napoli and Milan are away (Milan only so called away match, we should trash them). To me those home matches should be at least 6 points, if not more. Other tough away matches than Napoli are IMO only Torino and Fiorentina.

I think there aren't reasons to play worse than at the first part, and indeed if we can get fit Nainggolan to play consistently for us, we should be looking at 80 points season.

Of course we have EL there too to mix up stuff, but now we should have a bit better squad for playing two times a week (and it's not every week). Reborn Joao Mario is a massive bonus to our Serie A campaign because we aren't in acute need of a new midfielder even though I'd really like to see one loaned in winter market.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

I think Spalletti has done a decent job so far but what I don't understand is the constant crossing game style. Why did we get fast technical players like Politano and Keita and still keep crossing. Pass.. Pass.. Pass.. Cross.. rinse and repeat.

I don't get this obsession with crosses.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I think Spalletti has done a decent job so far but what I don't understand is the constant crossing game style. Why did we get fast technical players like Politano and Keita and still keep crossing. Pass.. Pass.. Pass.. Cross.. rinse and repeat.

I don't get this obsession with crosses.
    Do you not watch our games? Poli and Keita, particularly Poli, come inside a lot. They're just not very good with the ball in tight spaces in the middle of the field. Poli decision making and final ball is terrible. His balance/strength is also not good enough. He can't play a through ball to save his life. His shots either go straight at the keeper or straight into a defender. Keita just has average technical skills and the ball is always fumbling around.

They lose the ball all the time in the middle in tight space under pressure. Just not good enough. So good idea to get these kind of players. Unfortunately, due to FFP/SA etc, we had to get players on loan and this is the best we could get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I think there aren't reasons to play worse than at the first part
    Fatigue and injuries. Good news is backup players (Keita, JMario) are delivering to some degree. Meanwhile Gagi and Vecino really need to step it up.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

First half of this season we have Champion league football and exhausted player from world cup which quite essential like Perisic, Brozo and Vrsaljko. We actually dodge all of that nicely and now expecting all of our player will fully fit after winter break, especially Nainggolan who probably will become our integral part if he can straight his mind we definitely will goes through CL with more ease.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

8. Thanks (2): Balor, MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Was watching John Wick yesterday and I swear this guy is one of the Russian monsters that John kills pretty brutally at the bath house
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

10. Thanks (3): Devious, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Baba Yaga

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

12. Thanks (2): magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Speaking to Rai Sport, Luciano Spalletti:
    “Playing behind closed doors against Benevento will be very surreal because it has already happened to me. It will feel like playing a friendly match, it will be very penalizing to the players on the pitch. The goal is to continue training to make Inter even stronger. We want to achieve a level of consistency against any team. Market? The players that can help us are already here.”

On the rumors regarding Jose Mourinho:
    “I think it is a right thing. Because thanks to these 18 months, Inter have become a team of great desire for top players and coaches, those that are at European level.”

Classy answer, practically putting himself on the pedestal for the merits.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He's done a good job, we have a team that wins football matches which is a nice change of pace considering the shit show we've had this decade. I think people should only compare last season's performance to this year's when the season is over, nand people forget that this season we had Europe to contend with but we still managed to be consistent. The elimination from the CL was disappointing but I think it can mainly be attributed to our star signing letting us down, hopefully he can help us in the second half of the season.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

15. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Half of the season is behind us now. I think overall Spalletti has done very good job. We are third in the standings with a good margin to the 4th team. We almost qualified in CL group.

We haven't gathered as many points as last season but last season's first part success was just insane.
    Not just that, we are only 2 points behind what we were this time last season, and this is after managing 6 CL games. If you count that extra work load, we have actually done even better than the first half of last season. And like you said, we are likely to do better in the 2nd half than we did last season.

Overall, we can see growth not just in terms of points & position but also quality of play. Spalletti gets a solid 6/10 from me for the first half of this season. Would have been 7/10 if we had won that game against PSV.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Good point. Six extra games, hard super important games.

I'd give 7 with this one and 8 with PSV win.

18. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    hmmm....i wonder what he gets for tottenham win and barca draw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

20. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

a plate of spaghetti

22. Thanks (1): n4l

Canada

No balls to try to attack with the exception of the last 10 minutes.

United States

I don’t blame him for not bringing on a 2nd striker until he did. We were already losing the midfield for large stretches. What I do blame him for his taking off a technical CM and leaving Vecino out there just so he could be subbed 10 minutes later. I also blame him for not starting N9 when apparently he’s been fit for weeks.

25. Thanks (4): Anne Marie, GenDire, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Spalletti doesn't seem to have a key for these tight matchups against heavy (and well) defending teams. It's some odd occurrences here and there in these matches when we are able to score. Setpieces are no danger to opponent and we simply cannot create chances suddenly again AT ALL.

Also these brainfarts (by the team, not individuals) of conceding ridiculous goal scoring chances to opponents in the dying minutes of the games simply must stop.

All things considered, work in progress for Spalletti.

27. Thanks (3): firmino, Rain, Universe

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Almost two years in charge and we still giving him “work in progress” label. Ok suit yourself with this loser.

29. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I'm just stating what I'm seeing. I'm seeing work in progress because this team still isn't functioning correctly.

31. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    We are getting used to not winning trophies so it doesn't matter that much