View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.47%
  • To a top four finish?

156 68.12%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 6.99%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.23%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 306 of 317 FirstFirst ... 206256296303304305306307308309316 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6336

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Italy

I appreciate him delivering the least of what we wanted to achieve. Now it is time to set higher targets, with another coach.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Let me not argue anymore about him. I said I wish him all happiness and health from now on. Theres not much to be said anymore that hasn’t been said here before, but, for the sake of answering you, let’s take this game today, the game we clinched CL, and this game was a picture perfect example of why we qualified.
    If you think Spalleti out-coached Empolis coach today, then I have nothing to say to you.
    Idk if you watched the game. Go see who saved our ass.
    Empolis terrible finishing skills and handas saves.
    NOT Spalleti.
    Anyways, this is the last Spalleti comment I make. I’ve said enough during the season. And frankly, FIF is getting tired of talking about Spalleti anymore.
    Yeah sure 1 game means 69 points. 1 game means CL ticket. Exactly what I mentioned: we escaped the dark era because of Vecino, didnt we? He scored and assisted in two last matches

Btw where did I say Spalletti outcoached Andreazzoli? I didnt even mention Empoli to begin with.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We dominated for 70 minutes, the Keita sub was great, then we substituted Icardi for Lautaro which was the right change but then we couldn't replace someone from our exhausted midfield because Perisic got injured. I think Spallo played all his cards right, possibly I would brought on a shovel instead of Dalbert but what can you do? If Icardi scored that penalty there would have been no drama, on second thought we would have probably conceded two because we're Inter.

I dunno how Spallo can get any blame for yesterday's shit show at the end, I think he really had a great moment when his boy (Radja) saved our asses, like he did against Samp and Bologna (these are just off the top of my head).

Overall, I am not going to repeat myself since I've said this a million times but if this was Spalletti's last game we should be thanking him, he resurrected a club that was practically dead. He gave CL football to a team of bottlers and considering all that happened this season with injuries (that Vrsaljko injury made a bigger impact than any of you think see Dalbert) and with our top striker being out for a month and us missing his goals because he was out of form for the rest of the season we fucking did it in the face of everyone especially the media that did everything to destabilise the club, just look at the Chievo game where the fans were influenced into booing the side.

Anyway I think this team was actually weaker than last seasons, and we basically got to the CL despite of ourselves. If you want a scapegoat and if you want to be simplistic and want to blame one guy look no further than Icardi who has a bigger blame than Spallo.

Honestly I would bet you that the biggest problem was bringing in Marotta mid season, all the shit went down after he joined.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Yeah sure 1 game means 69 points. 1 game means CL ticket. Exactly what I mentioned: we escaped the dark era because of Vecino, didnt we? He scored and assisted in two last matches

Btw where did I say Spalletti outcoached Andreazzoli? I didnt even mention Empoli to begin with.
    He said "if" to begin with..
    Last edited by forzainter257; 27 May 19 at 06:50.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    We dominated for 70 minutes, the Keita sub was great, then we substituted Icardi for Lautaro which was the right change but then we couldn't replace someone from our exhausted midfield because Perisic got injured. I think Spallo played all his cards right, possibly I would brought on a shovel instead of Dalbert but what can you do? If Icardi scored that penalty there would have been no drama, on second thought we would have probably conceded two because we're Inter.

I dunno how Spallo can get any blame for yesterday's shit show at the end, I think he really had a great moment when his boy (Radja) saved our asses, like he did against Samp and Bologna (these are just off the top of my head).

Overall, I am not going to repeat myself since I've said this a million times but if this was Spalletti's last game we should be thanking him, he resurrected a club that was practically dead. He gave CL football to a team of bottlers and considering all that happened this season with injuries (that Vrsaljko injury made a bigger impact than any of you think see Dalbert) and with our top striker being out for a month and us missing his goals because he was out of form for the rest of the season we fucking did it in the face of everyone especially the media that did everything to destabilise the club, just look at the Chievo game where the fans were influenced into booing the side.

Anyway I think this team was actually weaker than last seasons, and we basically got to the CL despite of ourselves. If you want a scapegoat and if you want to be simplistic and want to blame one guy look no further than Icardi who has a bigger blame than Spallo.

Honestly I would bet you that the biggest problem was bringing in Marotta mid season, all the shit went down after he joined.
    we are judging him for his work done whole season.
    - Last year we were lucky to beat Lazio and seal the CL spot on the last day in dying minutes. We could have done it earlier if we didn't lose points left and right against small clubs. I especially discredit him for the loss against rube!
    - This season when we expected some progress we instead witnessed full retardness from the team. It's 90% thanks to our rivals' shithousery we were able to win the CL.
    - No progress in Coppa let alone winning it, CL, EL all were bottled in miserable ways.
    - His signings fucked up badly, don't tell me Radja saved our asses against Empoli, Sampa and etc. We didn't buy him for these reasons.
    - Not even single player from the main squad has made any progress under his coaching. In fact he is the lone reason as to why Gags regressed. Not even one single youngster got regular calls for the senior team.
    - Stubborn, onesided tactics, weird subs on top of all said above..
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post

Not going in circles anymore. Spalleti is gone. We argued the whole year about him, time to let it go. Everything has been said.
    Lets move on.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    we are judging him for his work done whole season.
    - Last year we were lucky to beat Lazio and seal the CL spot on the last day in dying minutes. We could have done it earlier if we didn't lose points left and right against small clubs. I especially discredit him for the loss against rube!
    - This season when we expected some progress we instead witnessed full retardness from the team. It's 90% thanks to our rivals' shithousery we were able to win the CL.
    - No progress in Coppa let alone winning it, CL, EL all were bottled in miserable ways.
    - His signings fucked up badly, don't tell me Radja saved our asses against Empoli, Sampa and etc. We didn't buy him for these reasons.
    - Not even single player from the main squad has made any progress under his coaching. In fact he is the lone reason as to why Gags regressed. Not even one single youngster got regular calls for the senior team.
    - Stubborn, onesided tactics, weird subs on top of all said above..
    Lol what a pile of BS and a shallow analysis.

You ignored all the points I made and just looked at the final statistics and made a judgment based on your preconceived notions.

Lucky against Lazio it's football and I didnt know the 81st minute were "the dying minutes"
    This season we weren't expecting to have Icardi fuck off, Perisic missing a game in January to move and several injuries either, look at my post but you obviously didn't read it.
    Who the fuck cares about Coppa? We got kicked out of the EL because we were at our worst, had an injury crisis and won the derby three days later, I prefer the derby.
    We bought Radja to stay in the CL, we're in the CL.
    Yeah Gags was Messi before Spalletti came along. Who "regressed"? Brozovic has become an actual footballer under Spalletti, D'Ambrosio has become a man but yeah we've regressed .
    I don't know what one-sided tactics are haha.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

9. Thanks (1): Shark

Fav. Player
    JZ4

"Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Lol what a pile of BS and a shallow analysis.

You ignored all the points I made and just looked at the final statistics and made a judgment based on your preconceived notions.

Lucky against Lazio it's football and I didnt know the 81st minute were "the dying minutes"
    This season we weren't expecting to have Icardi fuck off, Perisic missing a game in January to move and several injuries either, look at my post but you obviously didn't read it.
    Who the fuck cares about Coppa? We got kicked out of the EL because we were at our worst, had an injury crisis and won the derby three days later, I prefer the derby.
    We bought Radja to stay in the CL, we're in the CL.
    Yeah Gags was Messi before Spalletti came along. Who "regressed"? Brozovic has become an actual footballer under Spalletti, D'Ambrosio has become a man but yeah we've regressed .
    I don't know what one-sided tactics are haha.
    yes it's football, not torture. I prefer beating weak opponents without questions and leave tougher games to the mercy of fate.
    this season you didn't expect the drama from Icardi and Perisic? Come on, Icardi is known for his midseasonal antics related to contract extensions and Perisic for his desire to play in EPL, you didn't expect them to get to the point they reached this year?
    I do care about Coppa. You first learn winning Coppa before winning something serious. Or have we been winning trebles in the last decade to underestimate the value of Coppa?
    I thought we bought Radja to play in the playoffs of the CL relying on his experience. And if you thought we bought him to stay in the CL, then there is very little value he added to that, because we are still there thanks to choker rivals, not because of Radja's supercontributions. He fixed his attitude and became useful, but a little too late. If he continues like that, I don't mind him staying.

Gags wasn't Messi, but he was a regular first team player and was much more solid than Vecino has been in these 2 seasons. Brozovic is still same Borozovic that played under Mancini, de Boer, Pioli. Not a static tree, nor Xaviniesta either. Slightly overrated by fifers. D'ambrosio became better player because he finally got used to big team's expectations. So what aspect of him has improved under "Spallo's cross to penalty box" tactic? Did he become better dribbler or crosser? He improved only mentally which I don't think is thanks to Spallo's coaching abilities.
    One sided means limited.
    Last edited by forzainter257; 27 May 19 at 08:46.

12. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, MVD

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well, grazie Spalletti.

It is great to get CL again, but we haven't made any progress in this season. If anything, it is worse and the primary reason is that our starting 11 was worse than last season.

In defence, we were worse off as Cancelo was missed and Asamoah, though decent lacks that threat. De Vrij over Miranda isn't too big an upgrade.
    Midfield was the same.
    In attacking midfield, Nainggolan over Rafinha worked well in terms of the output (end goals).
    In wing and forward positions, we downgraded. Perisic of this season was way worse than last season. Candreva and Politano are pretty much the same. Let's not even go to Icardi here.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

14. Thanks (4): DIN011, Dylan, Shark, Toninu

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Well, grazie Spalletti.

It is great to get CL again, but we haven't made any progress in this season. If anything, it is worse and the primary reason is that our starting 11 was worse than last season.

In defence, we were worse off as Cancelo was missed and Asamoah, though decent lacks that threat. De Vrij over Miranda isn't too big an upgrade.
    Midfield was the same.
    In attacking midfield, Nainggolan over Rafinha worked well in terms of the output (end goals).
    In wing and forward positions, we downgraded. Perisic of this season was way worse than last season. Candreva and Politano are pretty much the same. Let's not even go to Icardi here.

Can we make this the new forum banner?
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

16. Thanks (2): DIN011, Shark

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    I’m thankful to Spallo. He brought us CL football twice, that’s more than any coach since Leonardo. He might’ve been lucky that Serie A got back that 4th spot(without qualifications, thank god) just as we hired him, but still.

Could he have done better? Absolutely.
    Do I think we’ll be better off with Conte? With this squad, no. Ultimately I don’t know, but I do rank Conte over Spalletti. I would prefer Mourinho but it’s not up to me.

Thank you Spalletti, it’s a shame it didn’t work out better, but it could’ve been way worse. If we finally become a Scudetto contender in the next 1-2 seasons then I will remember Spalletti and his management as the first step that got us there. I will never resent him as a did Mazzarri, Ranieri, Strama and the other idiots.

Spalletti did the bare minimum, but it just wasn’t enough.
    I'm streets ahead.

18. Thanks (1): H_D_Swagger

Fav. Player
    Handa, Ica, Bro

Austria

Spaletti showed that he is not a worldclass coach but a good coach.

He brought us back in the UCL 2times, for that: Thank you, Sir!
    ďPlease donít call me arrogant, but Iím European champion and I think Iím a special one.Ē - Jose Mourinho

20. Thanks (1): phonk

Ireland

Would prefer to keep him rather than get Conte.

23. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    He had a worse team than last year...like some had figured out
    Half the signings got injured(Vrsaljko, N9, Keita) , Icardi revolting, Perisic being shittier this season, no Cancelo threat
    Midfielders the same, Nainggolan instead of Rafinha
    Politano not doing much better than Candreva tbh, real shame
    And yet he got us to CL with a 20 year old forward in his first year bringing a lot of vital points in... While Wandito decided to be a big baby
    He deserves a better squad and another chance in my book but oh well... Too late now

Only Brozo and N9 were adequat in midfield and not all of the time
    Vecino only useful in rare occasions because he can run when others can't anymore... He would be a great marathon runner, but he is a complete log with the ball so many times I question his football skills too much
    Borja is ancient...
    Gags had some decent games against teams like Genova, but against a Napoli he just isn't good enough
    Mario lol... His mentality is of a pussy

In front of goal we are the real torture to watch, missing sitters all season long
    Lack of quality and precision from everyone there
    Every year dipping in form around Xmas like clockwork even before Spallo time... Insane

There were no players bought who give added value to what we got last season
    Just a replacing job basically...
    Ok SA and FFP yes but then don't expect some deep CL run and battling better built squads

Ok Conte is a bigger winner than Spallo but this is Inter and this is a special circumstances club since forever

I loved Spallo at Roma where he had some really talented players who could actually follow his plan better than our players did.
    I mean Pjanic, N9 in his prime, Strootman, DDR, Dzeko best season in his life probably, Perotti, SES, Salah

Wish he had such a midfield and wingers here... Oh well

Football games are primarily determined on the quality of players...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito, kova

Indonesia

Cry me a river. Spallo fan boy tears really delicious.

27. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    FB news: Today there should be a meeting between Inter and representatives of Spalletti to try to transdate the contract, otherwise they will proceed with the sacking

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

Ciao Lucky Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    The luckiest man alive
    Yes, he truly lives up to his name! Lucky Luciano after all the miracles pulled by Handanovic. Lucky to have Milan, Roma & Lazio in shit displays, also underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Maslany View Post
    Will he resign?
    Why would he do that and lose ~€20m in compensation?! He still has a contract, longer than should. Sacking him would be management admitting extending his contract was a mistake in the 1st place.

“I’m sorry for Empoli, I have ties and friends there. They certainly deserved to stay up, but we also deserved to reach the Champions League.

“When decisions are made, everyone reacts in their own way. Problems come when situations leave you hanging on, not when you face them.

“I don’t know if I’ll leave Inter. Conte was called into question at Juve after the game against Ajax.”

The former Roma boss was then reminded the Bianconeri had parted with Max Allegri...

“But Agnelli said at a Press conference the next day that he wouldn’t touch anything and then made a change.

“For me, you can learn from that behaviour. But I'm in the perfect role that I want to be in and I’m behaving the way I want to. I’m calm.”

Spalletti seemed almost to acknowledge the situation in his post-match Press conference.

“The club will talk now and I will listen, just as you will. I would be happy to remain at Inter. The papers have had the same headlines for three months, so we’ll see what happens.
    *** seems to have taken another swipe at management here:
    He also referenced the chaos after Mauro Icardi was stripped of the captain’s armband, then there were negotiations behind the scenes with lawyers before he’d resume full training.

“In my view, what you need to do at a big club like Inter is not go back on decisions once they are made. That causes complications, because you are no longer consistent or believable.

“If you make a decision, deal with the fallout and then change it again, you’re creating three problems.”

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

31. Thanks (3): ForzaNerazzurro, MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Blaming the squad quality becomes a weak argument when you look at the squad of Atalanta and how they play. Even Napoli's roster is not better than ours, but they somehow manage finishing second. I just don't know how to explain this squad problem to myself. Every team has injury problems, Ghoulam was the best fullback in serie A before he got injured. They replaced him with Rui and they continued playing in the same fashion. They sold Jorginho, but they still have creative midfield.

But when an Inter player gets injured the whole world stops...