Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cassano

Antonio Cassano

Inter enter Cassano chase
    Thursday 2 June, 2005
    Inter are ready to renew their rivalry with Juventus by taking them on in the chase to sign Antonio Cassano.

Reports yesterday suggested that the Bianconeri had made an initial bid for the Roma sensation.

But the Milan giants are ready to complicate matters by tabling a more enticing offer to the capital outfit.

Juve are understood to have offered around £9m, plus Adrian Mutu, for the striker who is only contracted to Roma until 2006.

The Stadio Olimpico side are believed to have turned that down by requesting two players, Mutu and Alessio Tacchinardi, plus £10.5m.

That may allow Inter to hijack Juve’s move on the player who is so desperately wanted by Bianconeri boss Fabio Capello.

Owner Massimo Moratti is allegedly ready to hand over £10m plus two players such as Emre or Giorgios Karagounis.

However, there is also the possibility that Inter may offer Roma the services of Alvaro Recoba.

The Uruguayan, who has also been linked with Sampdoria, is set to leave the San Siro after failing to break into the first team.

The proposed arrival of Recoba would apparently be welcomed by Francesco Totti, who signed a new deal with Roma this week after receiving ‘guarantees’ about summer signings.

Cassano has also been linked with Real Madrid but the Italian international is likely to remain in Serie A.

I think he needs his own thread now, we have now been romured heavely with him on almoste every god dam site and newspaper.

Atleast this deal is better then giving them Pizarro

Syria

10 years of FIF
    but i dont want Cassano.

hands up, people

TYPE 1 if u want Oba.

Type 2 if u want Cassano.

I don't won't him either

OBA OBA OBA

I prefer oba over cassano

But

it seems that we are ofering recoba to roma

and im not sure about vieri future with us

and that keep us only with three strikers

adriano , oba , cruz

if this case i would welcome cassano

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

If we sign Cassano and sell only Recoba, then i think we have a problem.

Adriano, Martins, Cassano and Vieri all wants/needs a starting up place, not only because they´re ll great players and deserve that, but also because they all want to play in WC06. If not starting up place per se, but at least that they´ll all play regularly.

If Adriano stays and we buy Cassano, then i bet those two will be our regulars. I´m quite sure that those two will be more effective as well compared to Adriano Martins partnership [<- which isn´t working if you ask me]. As only if Adriano doesnt play/behave like a winger that is.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

If finally Cassano to Inter? probably will happen Mancio and Cassano battle. so Inter trainning center is "Battle field"

Mancio vs Cassano
    Stankovic vs Cassano
    big showdown Miha vs Cassano.
    Next season Messi will be Inter player.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

no!!!!!!! please Juve, sign him!!

111111111111111 OBA!!!!

I think Cassano is a great player but it would be crazy to buy him we have 5 world class strikers already, 4 of which are amazing.

Fav. Player
    Giacinto Facche

The idea of Cassano joining us is like Sweet Chilli sauce....Sweet, Spicy and after a while a huge pain in the ass! Besides, we tried to sign him once when he was still in Bari, but for some reason we failed. I'm not that surprised we're still interested

Classic Cassano moments

He looks genuinely sad here doesn’t he, I guess his fans are right…The guy can be too passionate sometimes?
    "There's another flare smoking in the box now...This referee is a clown" - Eurosport
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBacchus
    You know each year we say "Dream Attack" and then that becomes "Bad Attack".

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

If Cassano-Recoba swap happens, Faisal will really start having wet dreams!
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoH
    The idea of Cassano joining us is like Sweet Chilli sauce....Sweet, Spicy and after a while a huge pain in the ass!
    MoH at his best!

D@mnit MoH, we need more of your posts! Stay here with us and don't abandon us!

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Nice quote, Moh. As usual, your hillarious.

I guess i'm one of the few Cassano fans on the face of the planet and believe in a bigger club, and given a chance at a scudetto or european glory, he'd be humble and just work. I love Obafemi Martins as much as the next guy, but you, must realize that besides Tono's attitude, he has the most natural talent out of any Italian striker since Roberto Baggio, IMO.

It would be a dream come true for me.
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

if cassano accept to be sub for great oba then welcome lol

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by ZZANG
    big showdown Miha vs Cassano.
    Can I please reserve first-row seats for that bout?

Freaking MoH, that was hilarious as well

Adriano -- Cassano will be a dream, really. This means Vieri and Recoba would be sold, leaving Cruz and Martins as subs.

That duo will be lethal, damn it, it can be worth the risk.

But think about it, maybe Cassano didn't have older and respctable personalities around him. There were none at Roma, but we have plenty. We have JZ, Cordoba, Cuchu and Stan who really can strighten him out if necessary.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I just posted this in the Transfers Thread, but here is more appropriate:

Now I'm wondering one thing: is it possible that Mancini is thinking of playing Cassano LW?

Something like:

Stanko Cambiasso Veron Cassano

When the LB comes up:

Stanko Cambiasso Veron

--------Cassano-----------
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good point Frisko, cASSano can play anywhere on the flanks with efficiency. In fact, I want a player like a Zidane or a NeDived who can play as a LW, but also as a playmaker, and Antonio is such.

If that's so, then we shouldn't get Pizarro. That's because Stan won't have a spot on the team, he could be Veorn's sub, or a RW.

If we are really after cASSano, then it will be interesting.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Cassano played on the left wing with the NT as well.

To me, considering how dinamic Mancini's midfield is, this sound very good. Obviously to make it work we'd need a very talented LB, able to defend very well, and to support the midfield on the left wing when Cassano goes central.

Also, if Cassano arrives, it must be made clear to him straight away that he will not be allowed to put silly stunts like the ones he managed with the Romani (such as telling Del Neri to f off in front of everyone when substituted).

If Cassano goes to Juve it'd be the funniest thing in the world, there'd be a contest betweeh him and Del Piero on who's get substituted the most!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    The CASSANO rumour is interesting .... and Adriano -- Cassano duo supported by Martins, Cruz also seem to be damn

BUT !! Lets wait and see what happens, but if Cassano joins us then it's definitely g'bye to Vieri, Recoba.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Well, they say Totti wants Recoba with him at Roma. I think Totti has finally reached maturity, and knows that cASSano is a plague specially when Roma don't have character guys.

But if we get him, we have to sort out his attitude.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    Well, they say Totti wants Recoba with him at Roma. I think Totti has finally reached maturity, and knows that cASSano is a plague specially when Roma don't have character guys.

But if we get him, we have to sort out his attitude.
    There could be a different reason for that as well. Totti's annual wage is stg around $7.5 million or so, and Roma might not afford another huge wage to other players ?? Anwayz, I dun know whether we should get him or not, but if we do, then Cassano isn't supposed to earn more than around $4 million.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Recoba to Roma in an attempt to get Cassano? This I'd be ok with, I guess. Not that I like Cassano much, I can't really stand him, but I see no future in Recoba and atleast we'd be getting a great young player in return. Still a brat though.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb