View Poll Results: Rate the player:

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

3 4.48%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

13 19.40%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best in the nation

31 46.27%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

12 17.91%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

3 4.48%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

5 7.46%
Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158165166167168
Results 3,341 to 3,358 of 3358

Thread: Milan Škriniar

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    I must admit, I was losing hope on this guy last season. But so far this season it does look like he has adjusted well to RCB. Another solid performance, happy that he scored - his confidence will only grow from this.

Our starting defence is looking good now.

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    Very, very happy for him. Hope to see Bastoni and De Vrij scoring again. When we get a corner last season, something would happen. This year, expect nothing unless DDA is playing. For that reason, this goal from Skriniar is super important.
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Bulgaria

Fav. Player
    Chino Recoba

Croatia

Very important for his confidence. Keep it up!

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

8 10 years of FIF
    Its his first header goal from a corner for us
    Forza Inter

6. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Its his first header goal from a corner for us
    It wasn't a direct corner though
    #zhangisconte'sbitch

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

8 10 years of FIF
    I just realized I mean from a corner situation. Because he once scored a free header in a counter attacking play, assist by Candreva, in 2017/18 season.
    Forza Inter

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    I haven't watched too many live matches so far this season, but looking at line-ups and highlights, am I right in thinking that my boy has played himself into Conte's favour? And he's getting back to his old self? Or is that wishful thinking?

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

8 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I haven't watched too many live matches so far this season, but looking at line-ups and highlights, am I right in thinking that my boy has played himself into Conte's favour? And he's getting back to his old self? Or is that wishful thinking?
    Yes he has started almost every match this season, and deservingly so. He is looking more confident and sharp.

Unpopular opinion: he wasn’t that bad last season. He just got confused at the beginning but Conte didnt give him enough time to adapt to the system.
    Forza Inter

13. Thanks (3): Linege, magnesium, MVD

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Yes he has started almost every match this season, and deservingly so. He is looking more confident and sharp.

Unpopular opinion: he wasn’t that bad last season. He just got confused at the beginning but Conte didnt give him enough time to adapt to the system.
    This is not true, Skriniar played 3400mins last season which was more than Bastoni and Godin, and only 500mins fewer than de Vrij.

He was subpar and playing time was not to blame for it.

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Last year he was playing on the left for more than half of the season. Then he was benched for the final stages because Godin was starting on the right side (which was rotated between D'Ambrosio and Skriniar at some point) and Bastoni was a guaranteed starter more often than not.

The left spot was incredibly awkward for him and it was as if they were calling him to request for a transfer.
    <<Gli scudetti giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

16. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    I don' think playing him on the left was an attempt to sabotage him and make him request a transfer. I think it came about as an experiment because Bastoni was a relatively unknown quality early on and Godin was 34 years old - chances are you're going to play your younger, more athletic player in Skriniar in the less preferred position to accommodate a player like Godin. It was just a tactical concession in that regard and Skriniar was unfortunately the one who paid the price for that concession.

But someone always does though, and these are always roundabout arguments. You have 2 right backs for example, John and Steve. John is a much better RB than Steve and can competently play LB also. Steve is an average-at-best RB but an utter disaster at LB. Due to injuries etc. your only option is these two players. Do you play your strongest option at RB and put John in his best role, while playing Steve at LB despite him being a liability in that position? Or rather, do you aim for "balance/safety" and play the mediocre Steve at RB and the competent John at LB?

Exaggerated analogy of course but I'm certain Conte had "balance" and compromise in mind when playing Skriniar on the left.

That said, I must disagree with Batman. Skriniar was outright terrible last season with the exception of the Dortmund home game and a handful of others. Guy was visibly out of confidence and you could see it in his positioning and timidity. On average he got skinned once per game (see Lazovic in Verona 2 - 2 Inter).

I'm beyond happy the guy seems to have found his feet again. His confidence is back and you can see this in his physicality, the accuracy of his challenges, and his willingness to make plays with the ball. There are some minor positioning / system issues to work out but having seen the rate of improvement this season, I'm not worried.

As far as selling him goes, it would be a disgrace, but that goes without saying. Forget 45m or 50m, he should be entirely off the market, end of story. But everyone should know by now this is just Marotta - no one is unsellable and if the numbers work, the cunt will do it.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Selling him would end our title challenge

We aren’t going to 2 in the back and won’t win with Rano as our starter
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Selling him would end our title challenge

We aren’t going to 2 in the back and won’t win with Rano as our starter
    I think Uni meant more in the future than in January. No one starting consistently will be leaving in the winter mercato.

20. Thanks (3): ElinaYvo, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    I think Uni meant more in the future than in January. No one starting consistently will be leaving in the winter mercato.
    Sadly, pedobrad, I did not mean in the future. Despite how valuable his true market value is and despite how well he's performing, I have zero doubt that Marotta would snap Levy's hand off if Spurs offered €40m + €5m bonuses for Skriniar in January. Now isn't that a disgusting thought.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

22. Thanks (1): Materazzi_23

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    He was great today at moving the ball forward. Very solid game, keep going

24. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Capitano, Cuchu

Hong Kong

10 years of FIF
    Boss mode again. Even if it's just Crotone, happy to see a confident Skriniar
    Grazie Ragazzi

Forza Inter

Serbia

Inter defender Milan Skriniar said he ‘wanted to stay’ at the Nerazzurri amid the rumours of a move to Tottenham Hotspur last summer.

The Slovakia international has played 11 Serie A games in 2020-21 after having started the season with a quarantine in his homeland.

During the summer, reports emerged about a possible move to Spurs in the Premier League and Skriniar admitted he was not sure how to feel about the interest from England.

“It’s difficult to say if I was pleased by the rumours because I wanted to stay here,” Skriniar said. “I didn’t play a lot and I wasn’t happy, but I was happy for the team.

“Now I’m back to give continuity to my performances, I’m playing a bit more, so I’m happy for this.”

Inter sit one point behind Milan in the Scudetto race and Skriniar said the Beneamata ‘believe’ they can win the League this year.

“Each team believe they can win, and we believe it too, but we must give continuity to the results,” Skriniar told SportMediaset.

“We have to work harder and harder, every match can be decisive for us.”

He also spoke about the team conceding more goals in Serie A 2020-21 and stressed the side work to find a solution to help the Nerazzurri keep more clean sheets.