View Poll Results: Rate the player:

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

3 4.48%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

13 19.40%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best in the nation

31 46.27%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

12 17.91%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

3 4.48%
  • 5 - Completely average player

0 0%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

5 7.46%
Page 172 of 174 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174 LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3461

Thread: Milan Škriniar

Europe

Gives me shivers that not so long ago it was a scenario to sell him

Bulgaria

I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post
    I think we should say - Skriniar Milan, because Milan should be in second place.
    Milan will definitely drop to 3rd by the end of this season. So we should call him Skriniar "nickname" Milan

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBlade View Post
    I'm gonna sound crazy here, but he is possibly the best CB in Europe?
    As a pure stopper, he's up there. But modern CBs are expected to play like midfielders, orchestrate from the back and carry the ball forward. Skrinair lacks the agility, passing and vision / attacking nous to do that. I also think he'd suffer playing in a high line defense. Right now I'd take Laporte, Marquinhos and Ramos ahead of Skrinny in the wide CB positions.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

5. Thanks (3): Glass box, thatdude, varmin

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

10 years of FIF
    Milan 'viKING' Skriniar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    What did Matthaus do for Inter?

7. Thanks (2): eduzee, MVD

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    As a pure stopper, he's up there. But modern CBs are expected to play like midfielders, orchestrate from the back and carry the ball forward. Skrinair lacks the agility, passing and vision / attacking nous to do that. I also think he'd suffer playing in a high line defense. Right now I'd take Laporte, Marquinhos and Ramos ahead of Skrinny in the wide CB positions.
    He is comfortable taking the ball forward, he is also a competent dribbler when necessary. The problem is that his running simply looks stiff and wooden - when he takes the ball his nudging of the ball is very calculated, he does everything in the most safe way possible, there is nothing care-free about his demeanor - on and off the ball.

Aesthetics can be deceiving. That being said, Bastoni is obviously better with those Pirloesuqe long balls but that is a very different quality. I feel very at ease when I see Skriniar coming into the final third to combine with Hakimi, even when his role is merely to be the connecting tissue.

Fav. Player
    Inter Milan
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Burundi

I've always thought of buying shirts with no name on it since I wouldn't want feelings for a player attached to the shirt, maybe the player would end up fucking us over like Conte did with Juventus . But if the rumors on the new kit is true I will for sure buy 1 home shirt and 1 away shirt, 100% one of those shirt will have Skriniars name on it.
    Last edited by Candreva Crosses; 09 Mar 21 at 15:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    i think you've forgotten the creative genius that was a midfield of Zanetti-Vieira-Cambiasso with Stankovic in front
    tiki-whati
    Quote Originally Posted by Provenzano View Post

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Italy

Falling in love all over again :')

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I've always thought of buying shirts with no name on it since I wouldn't want feelings for a player attached to the shirt, maybe the player would end up fucking us over like Conte did with Juventus . But if the rumors on the new kit is true I will for sure buy 1 home shirt and 1 away shirt, 100% one of those shirt will have Skriniars name on it.
    Just get one with Zanetti's name on it, or any of the old guard. Been doing this for the past 12-13 years.

Back on topic, I have hard ons on defenders and I'm so glad that after Samuel's & Lucio's departures, we finally have a real world class quality CB.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    He is comfortable taking the ball forward, he is also a competent dribbler when necessary. The problem is that his running simply looks stiff and wooden - when he takes the ball his nudging of the ball is very calculated, he does everything in the most safe way possible, there is nothing care-free about his demeanor - on and off the ball.

Aesthetics can be deceiving. That being said, Bastoni is obviously better with those Pirloesuqe long balls but that is a very different quality. I feel very at ease when I see Skriniar coming into the final third to combine with Hakimi, even when his role is merely to be the connecting tissue.
    Can you provide evidence of this? I'm big big fan (my current favorite Inter player) but I don't recall any notable ball carries or dribbles, nothing that warrants mention, or silky combinations with Hakimi in or around the box.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
    it's a great thing that he's so underrated by everyone in Europe so they won't come knocking
    That might change if we win the scudetto and our back 3 keeps performing like it has been for most of the season. In an ideal world, we could keep all three but it might not be easy after taking everything into consideration.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Can you provide evidence of this? I'm big big fan (my current favorite Inter player) but I don't recall any notable ball carries or dribbles, nothing that warrants mention, or silky combinations with Hakimi in or around the box.
    Like I mentioned in another thread, Skriniar has got decent ball skills. They get overlooked coz of the passing skills of De Vrij and Bastoni, and also coz Skriniar has the stereotypical hard man image which usually isn't associated with ball skills. But Skriniar can pass, dribble and keep the ball very well for a defender. For his country, he has played as a midfielder several times. We don't use his passing ability enough coz we got someone better - De Vrij is like a regista. In comparison Skriniar's passing skills get under rated.

Here is a small highlights clip, perhaps not the best one but it does have some instances of his passes and ball skills:

For more, just check out some the longer highlight videos on youtube.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 11 Mar 21 at 09:01.

16. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Materazzi_23, MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    That might change if we win the scudetto and our back 3 keeps performing like it has been for most of the season. In an ideal world, we could keep all three but it might not be easy after taking everything into consideration.
    The only one i am really worried about losing is De Vrij. He has never said anything about his long term future at the club, his agent is Raiola and he's a ball playing cb, a trait which is really appreciated by coaches in recent years.

On the other hand, Skriniar has said he would like to become Inter's Hamsik, he's happy at Inter and he even fired his agent to sign an extension. He also doesn't seem to hold a grudge for Inter putting him on the transfer list. Instead he used it as a motivation in order to improve and change Conte's mind. Bastoni has said he would like to become Inter's captain one day. He's also Italian and they rarely go abroad when they play at a top team. Both of them will leave only if they're forced out.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Netherlands

I want to add that he indeed seems to love life at Inter. His girlfriend seems to enjoy Milano also(yes I follow her on Instagram, but just for her looks). Now they have a little child I can imagine they want to stay in Milano. I'm pretty sure if we keep going on like this as a club(winning mentality and winning trophies of course) we will be able to keep our best players. You earn millions, you live in Milano (or just outside) you play every 2 weeks in front of at least 60.000 people, you win prices, you play CL football and you have the Italian weather and food. There aren't many places where it would be better.

But this means nothing if we don't solve our financial problems soon because if we keep having financial problems Skriniar and Lautaro will be the first to be sold because we can make the most plusvalenza. That's the only thing that's worrying me.

19. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, CafeCordoba, MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Like I mentioned in another thread, Skriniar has got decent ball skills. They get overlooked coz of the passing skills of De Vrij and Bastoni, and also coz Skriniar has the stereotypical hard man image which usually isn't associated with ball skills. But Skriniar can pass, dribble and keep the ball very well for a defender. For his country, he has played as a midfielder several times. We don't use his passing ability enough coz we got someone better - De Vrij is like a regista. In comparison Skriniar's passing skills get under rated.

Here is a small highlights clip, perhaps not the best one but it does have some instances of his passes and ball skills:

For more, just check out some the longer highlight videos on youtube.
    Sorry I saw nothing in that vid that shows above average to exceptional ball carrying and dribbling skills. Then again, I don't think this was the best video given 2019/20 was his worst period with us. Was pleasantly surprised at @1:33 though lol

Now contrast with Dad bod Sule (195cm/99KG):

You say Skrinny often plays in midfield for the NT, I personally wouldn't be comfortable fielding him in that role, I don't think he has the awareness for it, for instance:

Against a top team who know how to press he would get massacred.

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Slovak Republic

I think the point Bluenine is trying to point out is that Skriniar is DECENT with the ball... not exceptional, but good enough for a defender to not consider it his weakness. That's all.

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    And he is good enough for the role when played with a low defence line. Conte tried the high line early in the season and we were awful. I have a feeling high line is quite popular these days when coach has ball playing defenders at his disposal (I have no data to back this up).

However Conte changed that a bit and the rest is history. We start from the back, from the GK, our buildup phase and we never let there to be too much space down low if the opponent has the ball in the middle of the park (even in their own side of the pitch). All our defenders suit to the low line much better as none of them are particularly fast and they are even a bit slow in when they have to turn.

Czech Republic

Here you have video Skriniar in NT playing midfielder...Its qualification match to World Cup against England.At 1:35 and 3:40 you have some fancy stuff..
    Unfortunately there is no also game, Germany 1:3 Slovakia. Skriniar was playing midfielder and dominated Germans..Saying that de Vrij passing is better than Skriniar is not true..Another speciality of Skriniar is taking the ball from opponent!The ball almost allways go to his teammate as a pass..Maybe it looks as accidents but when you focus Skriniar is doing this on purpose all the time..Clear the ball from opponent to pass teammate by one touch..He allways do it like this..Am I saying he is best driblling CBs?Of course not but surelly you cant in no way say he lack in this ability! All his with and without ball skills + decission making make him very unique and special World class CB..
    Whole carrer Niklas Shule succesfull fancy stuff in 0:52 seconds?? Are you kidding??? I can take whole carrer of shittiest player in the world and make him best dribbler int the world in 52 seconds!! Its like peoples orgasm on Ronaldo cycling shit at one place..Whats the point if he never make it through defender?

Last edited by jurkotrulko; 11 Mar 21 at 12:25.

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, rfU

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Can you stop comparing NT and clubs. It's totally different kind of football.

26. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by varmin View Post
    Can you stop comparing NT and clubs. It's totally different kind of football.
    BS..Clubs are spending millions for players based on 3 Worldcup national teams games!!Skriniar in NT with shitty Slovakian teammates was dominant as a midfielder against Germany and England!!Slovakia against England its the same as last standing Serie B team playing Barcelona! Mourinho want this guy ,Conte changed his mind about Skriniar from not wanted to key player..But here on forum Skriniar is still lacking in everything..Based on retarted people that also are bitching about Lukaku and Hakimi.But at the same time glorify average youngster Barella which if Conte change for cone, Inter game will not change at all..
    Last edited by jurkotrulko; 11 Mar 21 at 13:46.