Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copa Oro 2017 / Gold Cup 2017

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF

Copa Oro 2017 / Gold Cup 2017

The CONCACAF Gold Cup (Spanish: Copa de Oro de la CONCACAF) (French: Gold Cup de la CONCACAF) is the main association football (soccer) competition of the men's national football teams governed by CONCACAF, determining the continental champion of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.

This cup is celebrated every 2 years, and it's celebrated always in USA because our lovely CONCACAF want stadiums with the most amount of people in it, and as USA has a lot of mexicans they just celebrate it there. Always.

Anyone watching?

2. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Sure why not. I'm always in when there is some decent football. Although I have to say USA should focus more on Russia 2018 qualifications as they are not in the best position in their group
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Criscito

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Sure why not. I'm always in when there is some decent football. Although I have to say USA should focus more on Russia 2018 qualifications as they are not in the best position in their group
    The US basically sent their reserve team
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

6. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Mexico did the same, this tournament is really a joke.

We should just combine this with Copa America and actually play some world class teams. Then maybe there can even be qualifying for Copa America the same way Europe has qualifying for the Euros

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Mexico did the same, this tournament is really a joke.

We should just combine this with Copa America and actually play some world class teams. Then maybe there can even be qualifying for Copa America the same way Europe has qualifying for the Euros
    There's actually qualification for Copa Oro, except for Mexico and USA that are automatically qualified, I'm not sure if Canada is too...

But for Central American countries there's the UNCAF cup that gives 5 spots in Copa Oro, and for the Caribbean islands there's a cup too, every 2 years these cups are played as well, but during the months of January/february, I don't remember correctly, and they aren't played in FIFA dates

I'd agree that we should play against CONMEBOL as well, but you are talking about 2 different associations, compared to the Euros that's managed by the UEFA only

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

Yeah I know the Confederations are different but Conmebol and Concacaf were able to figure it out for copa America centenario.

I kind of want to have my cake and eat it too, I would still like the World Cup qualifying to be separate so the US has a chance of making it.

12. Thanks (2): Efrain21C, Jerry

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Yeah I know the Confederations are different but Conmebol and Concacaf were able to figure it out for copa America centenario.

I kind of want to have my cake and eat it too, I would still like the World Cup qualifying to be separate so the US has a chance of making it.
    Last year Copa America was in the US but most south american teams complained it was too far away for their supporters and expensive.... Last year was an exception but I would support a cup like that

Helps smaller teams try to improve and the overall level would increase at least for Concacaf teams

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Germany

Don't you worry about us... Arenas got this

Don't forget the Confederation's Cup. Gold Cup winner qualifies for that tourney, which functions as a great warm-up for the World Cup. Remember 2009? That was fun...
    "I don't think drugs are the problem."

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Now the real Copa Oro starts with the knockout stages...

Tough for Panama against Costa Rica but sounds like a challenge with the players who will replace most of our elder ones

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

Quote Originally Posted by Efrain21C View Post
    Now the real Copa Oro starts with the knockout stages...

Tough for Panama against Costa Rica but sounds like a challenge with the players who will replace most of our elder ones
    Read the US called 5-6 starters for the 2nd round? Is this the only cup that type of bullshit is allowed? I mean every fking cup is in the uS!!! How much easier do they want to make it for themselves. This is utter bullshit because smaller countries don't have that deep of depth to do that shit. Couldn't imagine Argentina or Brazil being given 2nd round call up or roster changes haha much less being allowed to host every 2 ywars

I remember one Copa America that Paraguay lost all 3 Gks because of injury and Mexico ass raped them
    In knockout rounds 5-0
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

El Salvador's defenders bite and make titty twists lol

Last edited by firmino; 21 Jul 17 at 20:01.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

18. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Jerry, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

mexico lost to jamaica. i almost can't believe it.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

mexico lost to jamaica. i almost can't believe it.
    It's like their 3rd string team.....

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    It's like their 3rd string team.....
    why do they even bother to play the Cup then...

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

Only 2 teams in North America they invited Sohth american teams before but 2nd/3rd string Colombia and Brazil kept eliminating Mexico so we stopped getting invited

Fav. Player
    R.Baggio, Pupi

Mexico

They didn't play with the 1st team because of the Confederations Cup. But that's no excuse, they played horrible all the tournament. This coach is doing a mess with all his experiments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Only 2 teams in North America they invited Sohth american teams before but 2nd/3rd string Colombia and Brazil kept eliminating Mexico so we stopped getting invited
    Lol, two times Mexico played against Brazil and Mexico won both

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Germany

28. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I can see from the statistics that now the US are only one win behind Mexico. i wonder how popular is soccer over there these days.

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Germany

I can see from the statistics that now the US are only one win behind Mexico. i wonder how popular is soccer over there these days.
    Most American sports fans don't care about soccer until the World Cup, and many of the folks who end up watching the tournament don't even support the USMNT "because they have no chance of winning"

MLS gets like ~20,000 per game on average, which isn't bad at all. Up 50% from 15 years ago.

Women's soccer is actually pretty big deal in the States. By far the most popular women's sport, apart from tennis, I suppose. Maybe it's because we're actually good at it.

31. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

I would say women's basketball is still more popular state side then women's soccer. They have at least been able to maintain a league for an extended period of time. Women's soccer leagues seem to always be on the verge of folding.

33. Thanks (1): Jerry