View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

2 2.13%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

0 0%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

30 31.91%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

43 45.74%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

11 11.70%
  • 5 - Completely average player

4 4.26%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 1.06%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 1.06%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

2 2.13%
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Borja Valero

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Spaletti is trying to prove his tactics works deploying N9 higher up, anything else is admitting his idea was wrong, and probably won't be adopted until he feels the heat.
    Wallace

2. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Honest to God it is fucking terrifying that this cunt is just 5 years older than me.

Baldness, slowness, fatigued after 30 minutes of light cardio. Is this what the future holds?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    What a fucking moron playing inside the area like a 5 year old kid, when he is actually 55.

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Honest to God it is fucking terrifying that this cunt is just 5 years older than me.

Baldness, slowness, fatigued after 30 minutes of light cardio. Is this what the future holds?
    He's in my age and a professional athlete ... I hope I don't look as done as him.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Just retire.
    Forza Inter

7. Thanks (3): geva, MVD, Solfice

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Spalletti: “Borja Valero felt the muscle pull and I think he’s going to be out for a little while.”
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

9. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, MVD

Fav. Player
    JZ4

I thought he had a decent game.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

11. Thanks (1): n4l

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Spalletti: “Borja Valero felt the muscle pull and I think he’s going to be out for a little while.”
    Jesus fucking christ

So now without Brozo and Valero against Roma?

13. Thanks (1): Universe

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Jesus fucking christ

So now without Brozo and Valero against Roma?
    don't forget the No-games-against-former-team-clause of Nainggolan (see de vrij)

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    thank god
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

16. Thanks (2): Alex de Large, MVD

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    thank god

Pretty fucking low dude.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    BORJA VALERO: INJURY UPDATE
    The results from the tests the Spanish midfielder underwent after being forced off in the second half of Frosinone vs. Inter

MILAN – Borja Valero underwent medical tests at the Istituto Humanitas in Rozzano after being forced off in the second half of Frosinone vs. Inter.

The results revealed no muscle damage. The Spanish midfielder will rest today and be assessed on a day-by-day basis.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

He wants that captains armband.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    It looked to me that Borja was physically better than Vecino in tonight's game. Impressive for 50-year old seasoned player to make sliding tackles and demonstrate those silky dribbling skills (he even did something closely resembling the Marseille turn on 80th minute or so!)
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

22. Thanks (2): eduzee, Rain

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Fine in the role assigned to him. Also showed he can manage the full 90 if needed. Not sure why FIF wrote him off so quickly. As I had said earlier, he's faster than Xabi and Pirlo with a better set of lungs. If the coach was doing his job Valero would've been even more useful to us and Brozo would've gotten much need rest.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

24. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    People wrote him off because of his incapacity to play 90 mins in 37/38 games.

Love it when counter argument floods in when there is exactly 1 and only 1 total counter argument sample. But hey, maybe we can extrapolate that exactly 1 game to the other 38 games and get a la grande Valero season.

No, this is exactly the role Valero should be playing in, rare substitute for Brozovic as a regista. Unfortunately this changes nothing with our demand for a more physically capable player that can rotate with Brozovic on a more consistent basis to give the prior his much needed rest from the congested fixtures.
    Wallace

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    His best half at Inter. Was a bit off in the first half though and could have helped close down El Shaarawy before the goal.

edit: I was too harsh on Valero there. He could have closed him down but it was Vecino's fault for opening the shooting lane.
    Last edited by brehme1989; 21 Apr 19 at 11:46.

27. Thanks (3): Rain, rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

I really like him. Intelligent player that always give everything on the pitch.

Canada

Perfect example of a player we got too late. He's the smartest midfielder we have. While he does irritate me at times, it's mainly because it's obvious his physicality is gone. He also gives it his all, so I could never hate on him like Candreva (lack of intelligence, inexplicable self-confidence), J. Mario (laziness), or Vecino (decision-making, lack of intelligence). Although I would cut Vecino some slack as he does give it his all and generally will not try to do things he knows he cannot, unlike the likes of Candreva.

Overall, Borja has actually been better this season than I thought, given his decline was obvious last season. I'd actually like to see him play at one of the smaller clubs in Italy since I think he can do well, given they will probably surround him with runners and workman like midfielders, which will work in his favour.

30. Thanks (4): CafeCordoba, Pajo, thatdude, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

He was arguably our best player against Roma. He opens channels well, creates good passing lanes and most importantly for this team, he retains possession. He even did more defending than Vecino in my eyes too.

My problem is that outside of these traits, he's a soft and largely impotent player.

He had below-average physical qualities to begin with, not to mention now that he's old as fuck. Going beyond the obvious though, his "attempt on goal" at Wembley v Tottenham is the perfect summation of my problems with him. The ball fell to him very nicely and he had ample time to take a shot at a very decent angle. Instead, he wasted so much time trying to be too smart and too careful in taking the ball past Aurier and failed to even get a shot off. You can argue that it's not his job to score or assist etc but this goes beyond roles. Just stop being a fucking pussy and shoot.

More "modern" midfielders, or even just better midfielders tbh, combine those positive traits of Valero's with far superior physical attributes and a certain ruthlessness and aggression that Valero simply lacks. You can pass the ball around smartly and retain possession for 9000 minutes but at some point you need to be able to fucking take that opportunity by the throat and throttle it. He plays nice football but it lacks that cutting edge and it feels like he's a dad playing football with his kids at the park. Moral of the story, Valero possesses all the "niceties" but not the mettle to seize these opportunities when a goal-scoring chance presents itself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

32. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, dax21, GenDire