View Poll Results: Rate the player:

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

0 0%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

1 2.50%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best in the nation

7 17.50%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuable asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

17 42.50%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be useful, but will never be a key player for a team

6 15.00%
  • 5 - Completely average player

3 7.50%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

1 2.50%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 2.50%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

4 10.00%
Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 22626970717273747582 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1678

Thread: Matias Vecino

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    That's almost like my opinion but I prefer Vecino because of the arguments I presented in post above Il Drago's. Plus I consider Gaglaridini easier to sell or at least get more value out of his sale by having smaller salary, being Italian and easier to be used as counterpart in swap deals.

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Well that's the biggest difference in these two. Vecino scores important goals or take part in them in pressure situations (Nainggolan goal against Empoli, Vecino made the run with the ball from the center line, shot to the post and Radja finished from the rebound), Gagliardini just falls into abyss in pressure matches.

I'm not saying Vecino is starting material, no one says that. I'm saying Vecino is more useful because his head doesn't melt when it matters. Genoa matches don't matter honestly. We can handle those matches with anyone.

Vecino shouldn't look for the ball as shouldn't Gagliardini. Why? Because they suck with the ball. It's a huge liability if they are passed the ball in the midfield when there is any pressure from the opponents. I cannot understand how people are so sucked into Gagliardini hype only because of this one Genoa match. We've seen numerous time during Spalletti era how Gagliardini plays a great game occasionally only to be a complete disaster the next game (once he had to be subbed off at half time because he was so shit).

Vecino is better as a bench guy you can throw in when we need a goal and presence at opponent's box (if there is really no one else to put in). Gagliardini, I don't know at which situation I'd rather put him in than Vecino. Gagliardini is not particularly good at defending nor is Vecino.

Somehow coaches also prefer Vecino more than Gagliardini.

You are drawing such a beautiful picture of Vecino lol.
    His ability to score when it matters? He is a >>midfielder<<, he plays in the midfielder, if once or twice a year he scores a goal it doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the year (including the actual game where he scored) he is absolutely useless. He doesn't get involved in the game and most of the time it looks like we are playing with 10-men. Gagliardini may be shit, when he plays you actually notice that he is on the pitch and when he is good, it's not only because he scored a goal. He is actually useful to the team.
    No one is saying either of them should be a starter at Inter, but if someone has to go between Vecino and Gagliardini, for me it should be the first one. If we have to bring in a SMS or Vidal and offload one midfielder that is.

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    In Basketball there is this thing called intangibles, and yes one would say Vecino has some of that as many coaches like him. Unfortunately i can't see it, i understand it with players like Matuidi with France NT, a guy who is running the whole game and making the opponent lose more possesions than what usually do. Or even a shitty player like Fellaini has the advantage of the height and can win air balls, thats why Mourinho loves him.
    But Vecino i dunno. Maybe it's the 'quality' of going quickly into the opposite box to make our strikers have more freedom with less opponents on them, but honestly that's something Gags or Barella can perfectly do.

4. Thanks (2): Gaindé, MVD

Canada

The issue I have with Vecino is that I can hardly thing of a match where I can say he's had a good game. Even the winning goal against Lazio, it's an important moment but I never get the idea that he had a really good match. The few starts he had this season (Cagliari and especially Lazio) were some of the worst matches I've seen a midfielder play for us. He hides from the ball, has a terrible touch, and can't defend. Even the season we finally made CL, our good run if form was actually win Brozovic and Gagliardini playing together with Rafinha. That was when we made a good run after a terrible December/January. Vecino only started playing after Gagliardini got injured. His first contributions were giving up a goal when we were beating Chievo (he came on a sub) and getting a red card 15 minutes into the Juventus match. He was just as terrible for the rest of the matches but people only remember his goal (which was memorable) but forget that the red card almost cost us. My biggest annoyance with him is that it feel like there's an empty hole in midfield when he's there. He does nothing defensively and its not as if his offensive output offsets it. He hasn't even scored more than 3 goals in a Serie A season for us. His performances in big matches are also overstated. He was awful vs Lazio as an example.

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

I totally agree, I will never understand why he gets a pass just because once in a while he scores a goal while the other 95% of his game time he is the worse player in the squad, for me at least.

7. Thanks (3): forzainter257, Linege, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    The issue I have with Vecino is that I can hardly thing of a match where I can say he's had a good game. Even the winning goal against Lazio, it's an important moment but I never get the idea that he had a really good match. The few starts he had this season (Cagliari and especially Lazio) were some of the worst matches I've seen a midfielder play for us. He hides from the ball, has a terrible touch, and can't defend. Even the season we finally made CL, our good run if form was actually win Brozovic and Gagliardini playing together with Rafinha. That was when we made a good run after a terrible December/January. Vecino only started playing after Gagliardini got injured. His first contributions were giving up a goal when we were beating Chievo (he came on a sub) and getting a red card 15 minutes into the Juventus match. He was just as terrible for the rest of the matches but people only remember his goal (which was memorable) but forget that the red card almost cost us. My biggest annoyance with him is that it feel like there's an empty hole in midfield when he's there. He does nothing defensively and its not as if his offensive output offsets it. He hasn't even scored more than 3 goals in a Serie A season for us. His performances in big matches are also overstated. He was awful vs Lazio as an example.
    Essentially, Vecino allows the team to shift focus offensively by trying to move the ball forward quickly and occupying positions which allows us to transition to attack.

His directness and attack-minded style can be useful at times, not just in the goals. In the right circumstances he's not bad at all and I think he's at his best as an attacking option off the bench.

I thought he was our most dangerous player against juventus this season. He also had a great match in that 2-3 Milan derby last season playing as a quasi AM. That said, a lot of matches don't suit his directness and require a more delicate approach. I feel his clumsiness can cost us and personally I find his technical ability to be too poor to ignore. Indeed, for every goal he scores, there's probably 10 sitters he skies.

I just find that his weaknesses are significant and they offset his positives. Therefore, you end up with an inherently unreliable player. Like I said, a useful tool in the select right circumstances, but a complete tool otherwise.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

9. Thanks (6): ADRossi, eduzee, MVD, Palacio, rfU, Wings

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I think it's his face. He may have some good games but you tend to forget them because of that face He looks like a jester so you cannot take him seriously and when he fucks up you cannot stand him being on the pitch to begin with.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Sensi

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Vecino is good at positioning, headers, occasionsl crosses or long balls.After signing Barella an Sensi, he should be have been repaced by a competent midfielder.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I think it's his face. He may have some good games but you tend to forget them because of that face He looks like a jester so you cannot take him seriously and when he fucks up you cannot stand him being on the pitch to begin with.
    To be fair, that does seem a bit hars---

oh.

14. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I am ok with Vecino being the 6th midfielder in our squad. Right now he is the 4th midfielder, and thats just not good enough. If we sign 2 quality midfielders by the summer, then I am happy with Vecino remaining in the squad.

As a 6th midfielder, I would prefer Vecino to Gags. Most of the playing time that a 6th midfielder will get over a season are sub appearances to rotate, and Vecino can be a better impact sub than Gags. Also I think he suits Conte's style a tad bit more than Gags.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    I am not ok with anyone being our 6th anything especially for what we paid for him and his wages

6th choice is a youth player

Yet you all cream when a shit team in 18th place has a 19 year old who makes 2 assist and starts 5 out of the last 10 games. That kid is worth 20-40 million now!!
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

17. Thanks (2): Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I am not ok with anyone being our 6th anything especially for what we paid for him and his wages

6th choice is a youth player

Yet you all cream when a shit team in 18th place has a 19 year old who makes 2 assist and starts 5 out of the last 10 games. That kid is worth 20-40 million now!!
    That depends on what our objectives are. If we want to only focus domestically, then sure you are right. If we also want to take a shot at going far in the CL (which is how it should be for Inter), then we need 6 midfielders for 3 positions plus a youth player. This season we have hardly rotated much, and yet our 5th and 6th choice midfielders have had quite a few minutes (Gags and Valero) and played some games with no midfield option on the bench. If we want to take both the competitions seriously, we need 6 midfielders and Vecino should be the 6th midfielder not the 4th.

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Once again nowhere to be found on the pitch.
    How is this guy still with us? Ffs.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    Once again nowhere to be found on the pitch.
    How is this guy still with us? Ffs.
    Vecino assisted for Lautaro goal.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

He didn't assist sh*t, Manolas blocked a ball that would have ended up lost.
    Vecino litterally disappeared the whole game.

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Gotta admit that in spite of being awfully mediocre player Vecino has some luck that helps him contribute to the game, be that goal or an assist.

24. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, MVD

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Gaindé View Post
    He didn't assist sh*t, Manolas blocked a ball that would have ended up lost.
    Vecino litterally disappeared the whole game.
    That's not "disappear". He contributed to the goal.
    Relax. Sometimes you guys are too damn harsh.

26. Thanks (2): crzdcolombian, MVD

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    That's not "disappear". He contributed to the goal.
    Relax. Sometimes you guys are too damn harsh.
    He contributed for under 1% of the game.
    My point being that if he could play football the other 99% of the time, him not scoring or assisting would be absolutely fine.

IMG_20200107_184626.thumb.png.38035127de9d4f6a13f27591fb66d503.jpg

Look, how far away he is from the ball in occasion of the second goal. And this is only a screenshot, all Vecino's career at Inter has been hiding from the ball and basically staying as far away as possible from Brozovic, in order to give him the smallest support possible.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Might be the worst footballer in Europe if you consider the amount of minutes he plays.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

29. Thanks (1): Gaindé

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Might be the worst footballer in Europe if you consider the amount of minutes he plays.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Have you seen Suso.

31. Thanks (2): firmino, MVD