Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2163

Thread: Joao Cancelo

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    I'm starting to think that missing out on this guy is gonna hurt more than Coutinho and Pirlo combined, just give him two years to develop.

Fuck FFP.

A ten year old can do that with Asamoah. We all know that.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    I can't even blame our management. Before July we only spent 24m for Nainggolan and a youngster for Politano. We simply couldn't afford spending 42m on Cancelo before July.
    I disagree. The management is the one to be blamed. The reason why we couldn't afford Cancelo before July is because we've already spent so much that year on Dalbert, Vecino and I think Gagliardini's installments and also Bastoni. We've spent so much with very little in return. The only reason why we're badly missing Cancelo is because we can't attack up to standards. If we've bought midfielders and players who can actually shoot and pass for once then we wouldn't be talking about Cancelo; he'd be a trivial topic.

If my calculations are correct then we spent last summer over 75m on players who can't shoot or pass (maybe once every 3 months). That's a ridiculously scary number. We got close to nothing in return on the pitch for 75m. That's why we're still talking about Cancelo.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, Ť la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    A ten year old can do that with Asamoah. We all know that.
    It's almost as if he isn't a defender naturally and shouldn't be deployed as such.

4. Thanks (5): DARi0, Kenny, MVD, Palacio, wera

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Wasn't Valencia being cunts what screwed us over worse than the actual FFP?
    I think aausilio was the real cunt for negotiating a 40m redemption fee for cancelo, and he did that putting in his mind we will never redeem him anyway which was why he agreed to that high fee. What do you think valencia should do? agree to lower a predetermined price for a player? They are not that stupid. Where on eaarth has that ever been done?, even in negotiations other than in football , you can't ask a seller to lower the fee of of a commodity that has been agreed earlier, it's stupid.

6. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, DARi0

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    I doubt we ever intended on buying either of them. Were they seen as anything more than rotation options before we got a hold of him and Rafinha?
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    I doubt we ever intended on buying either of them. Were they seen as anything more than rotation options before we got a hold of him and Rafinha?
    That's the point am trying to make. Ausilio never had the intention of signing cancelo which was why he carelessly negotiated for a high redemption fee.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Half of the fact isnt fact. Completely ignore all Cancelo poor defensive moves to draw him as a god is ridiculous.

Fact is most of our chances in the first half came from his side.

There is a better place for you to shit on our players and praise the zebras. Do similarly to what that new guy did.
    World class is not synonymous to god.
    Wallace

10. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Friday December 14 2018

Cancelo surgery successful
    By Football Italia staff

Football Italia

Juventus have confirmed that Joao Cancelo’s knee surgery was “fully successful”, so he should return early next year.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri confirmed today that the Portuguese had torn his meniscus, predicting he would return after the winter break in late January.

“Today, Joao Cancelo has undergone a medial selective meniscectomy on his right knee,” a statement on the Bianconeri’s official website announced.

“The operation, performed by Professor Roberto Rossi, a consultant for Juventus and J-Medical, in the presence of Juventus health manager Dr. Claudio Rigo at the Clinica Sedes Sapientiae was fully successful.

“From tomorrow Cancelo will start rehabilitative care.”
    Last edited by Palacio; 14 Dec 18 at 18:56.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I think this is the same injury he had last year.

Fav. Player
    Mario Mandzukic

India

I'm just glad it came now instead of CL crucial stages. He's got a good two months ahead of rest

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Should we start celebrating and spam how lucky we "dodged this bullet"?
    Wallace

15. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Should we start celebrating and spam how lucky we "dodged this bullet"?
    if we were lucky he would have had this surgery before our game
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

17. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Macedonia

If we were lucky this would become one of these "... he never returned to his old self post injury …" stories.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Kova10 View Post
    If we were lucky this would become one of these "... he never returned to his old self post injury Ö" stories.
    I wouldn't wish that upon even my worst enemy, having a career-altering injury, let alone a guy that cared deeply about our club. Let's not descend into juve merda state of mind.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    I disagree. The management is the one to be blamed. The reason why we couldn't afford Cancelo before July is because we've already spent so much that year on Dalbert, Vecino and I think Gagliardini's installments and also Bastoni. We've spent so much with very little in return. The only reason why we're badly missing Cancelo is because we can't attack up to standards. If we've bought midfielders and players who can actually shoot and pass for once then we wouldn't be talking about Cancelo; he'd be a trivial topic.

If my calculations are correct then we spent last summer over 75m on players who can't shoot or pass (maybe once every 3 months). That's a ridiculously scary number. We got close to nothing in return on the pitch for 75m. That's why we're still talking about Cancelo.
    That's just hindsight. Cancelo situation arose only when KDog started his thing to get away from Inter.

So yes you can blame the management for things they've done in the last 3 years or 5 years or 10 years, but it's just counterproductive. It's more reasonable to talk about the situation they had at their hands at the end of last season. I believe no one can say that they knew in advance at the signing time respectively what Gagliardini will become, what Vecino will become, what Dalbert will become and what Cancelo will become.

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    So yes you can blame the management for things they've done in the last 3 years or 5 years or 10 years, but it's just counterproductive. It's more reasonable to talk about the situation they had at their hands at the end of last season. I believe no one can say that they knew in advance at the signing time respectively what Gagliardini will become, what Vecino will become, what Dalbert will become and what Cancelo will become.
    Well, yes and no. It indeed might be counter-productive in hindsight to criticise the management, but it's a fact that better decisions could be made.

It's precisely the management's job to make those better decisions. That's why they are being paid for, that's their job and we should hold them to scrutiny when they fail. Relatively speaking. Even when they fail to overperform, as average just won't cut it when you have grand ambitions, at least for in front of the fans.

If we just bought players randomly then hiring a troop of fucking macaques would do the trick just fine. If football scouting was so random then we'd see major shifts in power rankings all across Europe every ten years. We see none of that to back the claim up. Yeah, maybe having humongous war chests also helps with negating the effects of bad decisions - it helps when you can just cover your shit with bills, but still some teams are recruiting better than others and it shows on the pitch. We should be doing a better job, at least striving to. Always.

-

Now on the topic of Cancelo. Just forget it already. Discussing ONE player is truly unproductive. We got a great replacement for less money in Vrsaljko and similar to Nainggolan it doesn't show on the pitch because they were mostly injured so far. That doesn't diminish their footballing skills and the fact that they could potentially help us achieve our goals just as good as other players... like Cancelo.

About midfielders - it was absolutely obvious we have basically a 1,5 central midfielders at the beginning of the season, although overall I rated our transfer dealings very highly. Still, it was quite a misguided acquisition of players, another episode where we could've done better to strengthen the team, not only fill in the ranks with new faces and hope for a favorable roll of the dice with players we already had and that were underperforming for our standards.

I'm sure there are a plethora of reasons behind the way certain decisions were made but since we'll never know what exactly is going on in the kitchen we have the full right to be puzzled sometimes by those very same questionable decisions.

-

I'm not sure whether it's laughable or disturbing but it's pretty awkward that we as simple fans, passive bystanders, get quite a lot of things right that our management seems to be oblivious about for the last couple of years. From promising players on the cheap, to the glaring tactical nonsense and inadequacy of certain coaches, to macro shit like actually looking, and looking fucking hard, into building our own stadium or at least modernising the Meazza.

So yeah, it might be unproductive to criticise in hindsight, but is it actually so hard for them to shut us up with more good decisions than awful ones, obviously visible from fucking space for everyone else but them.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

22. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Delicate, MVD, Rain

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Wrong thread
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Lazio dominated the match for long periods and took the lead, but Joao Cancelo scored and then earned a penalty to give Juventus victory and an 11-point lead over Napoli.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

25. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Fuck man... don’t keep reminding me that Cancelo playes for Juve...

United States

He should have had a brace honestly. Tried to square it to Bernadeschi when it was easier to score

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD