Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Bastoni

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    Hence forth, Alessandro Bastoni will be known as Bazza ! Or Baz.
    Baz, Laz (Lazaro), Gaz (Gagliardini), Steve Sensy, Brozo, Baz2 (Barella), Daz (D'Ambrosio, or Dalbert) and Caz (Candreva). Drongo squad.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Thanks (1): I4E

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Uaz, that ain't the NDU thread, ya drongo...
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Sweden

Excellent with the balll, I cannot really blame him for the goal, he has a fucking donkey Asamoah beside him. Future pillar

United States

Yeah this guy is better on the ball then Skriniar or Godin, probably only second to De Vrij. It’s hard to get mad at him for the goal. We put a 20 year old into a derby d’italia as his 2nd appearance. I think overall he coped very well.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

this guy needs playing time, he put higuain onside and made the goal..

We all know that higuain has a poor offside awareness, we trapped him over and over again in previous seasons.

we've paid the price and bastoni will only get better in time

ideally, DDA should have dropped back to the back 3 and we should have been able to bring on Lazaro (but he's not ready) or Candreva. It wasn't a good situation to throw Bastoni into. Still think he looked relatively composed despite making a mistake on the second goal. I think the rate of his development will surprise some people.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I thought he looked the most composed out of the CD's barring maybe de Vrij who's been mostly outstanding so far this season. Unfortunate on the goal but facing champions like Ronaldo and yes even Higuain isn't easy for any defender much less a 20 year old. His future is bright.

10. Thanks (2): I'mNewHere, magnesium

Serbia

This guy should slowly be integrated as a starting LCB. Keep DeVrij in the middle and alternate Skriniar and Godin as RCBs or use Skriniar as DM if he can pull it off. Bastoni is far more offensive than Skriniar and isn't afraid to nudge the ball forward.

As far as Skriniar goes, this garbage idea of using him as a LCB is fucking with him big time, when he was switched to the right last night he kept using his left foot for passing towards the right touchline.

12. Thanks (4): I'mNewHere, magnesium, MVD, Ziyad

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Really liked Bastoni launching those long balls forward but that's De Vrij's job not Bastoni's.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I think some people are being too harsh on the kid. He had one or two moments of weakness against a quality & relentless attack, so its easy to overlook his overall performance. I too was a bit surprised by Conte's decision of Bastoni instead of Dumbo/Rano to replace Godin, but the way Bastoni played I can see why Conte made that call. It was a good call.

I was so impressed with Bastoni's overall performance considering the situation and pressure. For a kid, he looked especially calm and composed with the ball at his feet, and his decision making was generally spot on. This kid is gifted, and IMO he had a better game than Godin who was getting beat for pace (which was always a risk against CR7 & Sandro considering Godin's age). Not only do I think Bastoni is already a better RCB than Ranocchia, now I think he will be ready for a starting role within a year instead of 2-3.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 07 Oct 19 at 18:48.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Inter probably dont sign Godin if they knew what bastoni was capable of. Either way it's a good problem.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    Really liked Bastoni launching those long balls forward but that's De Vrij's job not Bastoni's.
    Who are you to say it’s not his job lol?

Are you Conte?
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Europe

Forum Supporter
    Really enjoyed watching bastoni during the game, showed no fear and a lot of promise of what our future will look like should we continue integrating him!!

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Will be a fucking boss. I was there and followed him closely. His movement off the ball and anticipation is great, his calmness as well. Was better than all of our 3 other CBs since he came on. Yeah he lost Piguain for the goal, but it happens, he is young and was thrown in fire for experienced Godin.

Needs to play more and more. I'd give him few starts in the next games, and try Bastoni - Godin/De Vrij - Skriniar trio.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Kid is good. Very confident and technically sound. Very, very hard choices to make for Conte regarding rotation, consistency, and stability of the back line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

20. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Pajo

Fav. Player
    Ruben Sosa

Ireland

Played well for the U21's against Ireland.

22. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Kid is good. Very confident and technically sound. Very, very hard choices to make for Conte regarding rotation, consistency, and stability of the back line.
    That's a good thing for Conte and the team though. There is nothing worse than not having options and having to play the same players regardless of their form. All you have to do is look at last season to see how that went with the likes of Valero, Vecino, Perisic and Naingollan getting regular playing time despite playing well below expectations.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Iran

i don't get all this hype around him, yeah he is young,talented and italian but he isn't a starting material yet and his poor positioning and decision makings cost 2 goals in last games.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He looks calm on the ball, doesn't get flustered when dealing with players like Berardi. But he does make a few mistakes. There is potential there, and only way he will improve is by playing more.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

26. Thanks (1): thatdude

Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by hitmax View Post
    i don't get all this hype around him, yeah he is young,talented and italian but he isn't a starting material yet and his poor positioning and decision makings cost 2 goals in last games.
    ok