Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Bastoni

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Before self-medicating on this fine Saturday night, let us self-moderate and nip this discussion in the bud.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I don't see what is wrong in that discussion but if it's such a touchy subject... I was trying to explain how it could have been from bastoni's perspective.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Before self-medicating on this fine Saturday night, let us self-moderate and nip this discussion in the bud.
    Exactly, I took a risk pointing it out. Let's just stop here before it gets out of hand

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Phenomenon

Indonesia

Today, Atalanta handed a debut to yet another exciting youngster and Alessandro Bastoni did not disappoint.
    Atalanta are hardly strangers to producing incredible youth players. When you think of their famous youth academy which has produced the likes of Pippo Inzaghi, Riccardo Montolivo, Luca Cigarini, Manolo Gabbiadini, Giampaolo Pazzini, Simone Zaza and Giacomo Bonaventura, it should come as no surprise when they are dubbed Italyís talent factory. Most recently, they have produced a fresh batch of talented youngsters such as Franck Kessie, Mattia Caldara, Marco Sportiello, Andrea Conti and Filippo Melegoni among others. Today, it was Alessandro Bastoniís turn to make a name for himself.

Born in Lombardy on April 13 1999, the centre-back played 90 minutes for Atalanta as they beat Sampdoria 1-0 in Bergamo to stay 6th and continue their great season as they push for a European place. Bastoni scored a 7.7 match rating in this game on whoscored.com and won two aerial duels, made five interceptions, and won two tackles in what was a fantastic Serie A debut.

The impressive 17-year-old also made four successful clearances, had a 78 per cent pass completion rate and perhaps most importantly, conceded zero fouls in a highly accomplished debut. Although itís important not to overhype him yet, you canít help but be extremely excited about what is ahead for the highly talented defender.

If he continues to impress as he did tonight, there will be no shortage of suitors for his services and Atalantaís reputation as the nursery of Italy will continue to grow as they prove yet again that they have the best youth academy in all of Italy. #IFD

Bastoni is an interesting prospect but tbh I prefer Caldara. An Interista and proven CB at such a young age. Juve did the best to get the young def signature with 15m. I believe Caldara is the best young CB in Italy better than both Rugani and Romagnoli. On positive note, Bastoni is the one whom Caldara described 'better than me'. Maybe when Caldara join Jube next season, Bastoni will show his worth in Bergamo.
    Barecca-Skriniar-Caldara-Dalbert for another CL trophy.
    IndoInter

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Inter starlet ‘inspired by Ramos’

Inter and Italy Under-18 defender Alessandro Bastoni has revealed that “I’m inspired by Sergio Ramos.”

Bastoni joined Inter over the summer from Atalanta but immediately returned to the Orobici on a two-year loan, and the Italy U18 captain did not mention any of the Azzurri’s legendary defenders when asked about his role model in football.

“I’m inspired by Sergio Ramos: he’s not a classic defender that’s big or tall, but one who likes to build up attacks and play football,” he told L’Ultimo Uomo.

“I was also lucky enough to develop in the youth sector of Atalanta, where they teach you so much from a technical point of view.

“They always taught me how to play on the deck, and that’s what I do now.

“Nowadays, midfielders with good feet are practically always marked man-to-man by the opposing team, so I think the responsibility of defenders will grow further in time.

“I don’t know whether it’s easier or more difficult now, but today there’s a lot more organisation from a tactical point of view, so it’s not just defenders that have the task of defending, but rather the whole team.

“If it then starts from the forwards, that makes for a good defensive phase and the defenders make it easier for them.

“At the same time, however, defenders participate in the build-up phase and forwards also benefit from their ‘skill’.

“Gasperini? He helped us so much. Although our training sessions weren’t particularly long, the intensity of the sessions, training matches and game concepts, which impressed us, helped me so much, also for when I’m with the national team.

“I think the difficult thing about the transition from Primavera to the first team is adapting to the intensity of the game.

“It takes you a little while to understand what Gasperini wants from you, but once you understand it and remember to stay in front of your man, it’s a style of marking that bears many fruits.

“Two defenders always focus in front [of their man], while the other one covers.

“Often when you recover the ball, you’re practically on goal and so many of our goals came from a defender winning the ball back.”

Seems like a smart guy

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

8. Thanks (2): Fitzy, thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ

Brazil

He needs to start getting some minutes for Atalanta. Not much of a point on loaning for 2 years if he doesn't get any playing time.
    Io non rubo il campionato, ed in Serie B sono mai stato.

10. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Caecuban View Post
    He needs to start getting some minutes for Atalanta. Not much of a point on loaning for 2 years if he doesn't get any playing time.
    We would have not been able to buy him at all if we didn't agree to loan him back for 2 years.
    He is just a prospect at its best. 90% of the cases this kind of players gets used in future transfer deals and never wears our shirt , type of Caprari.

It was just a sunning move to rival Juves domination in italian players market so i wouldn't lose my sleep in monitoring Bastoni.
    If he turns out good than great if not he will hopefully have some value in negotiation....

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Caecuban View Post
    Their youth development is the best in the country. Even if he never plays, you know he's receiving quality coaching.

13. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Their youth development is the best in the country. Even if he never plays, you know he's receiving quality coaching.
    Then why don’t we raid their youth system for coaching, Scouts and management ?
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Then why don’t we raid their youth system for coaching, Scouts and management ?
    Ahh scouting for atalanta and inter is not the same game. Also i think only in terms of scouts it s hard to say if Atalanta really is better if you look at the results of the primavera to determine the quality of scouting then i m pretty sure we did a better job.

The problem we have is the transition to the first team and this will always be way harder at a club like inter compared to a club like Atalanta!

Also we should nto forget that determining which u18 player is more talented is extremely hard and so many factors have an influence that it is almost impossible.

Lets not forget that when CR7 and quaresma were still youth players the majority of the footballing world judged Quaresma to be the more talented player and look how different these two careers turned out.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Javier'sSon

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    When is Caldara fucking off to Juve? That's when he'll get more minutes.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

18. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    The match against Pordenone gave Inter’s management team more indications in regards to what the squad needs. According to Premium Sport, there will be no major deals done in the January market.

Young Atalanta centre-back Bastoni who has already been purchased for 10 million euro, was originally scheduled to join Inter in the summer, however Atalanta coach Gasperini has not started the player often and Inter need cover fore the injured Vanheusden, therefore he will be brought in immediately.

Inter are still awaiting developments regarding midfield Bryan Cristante, who has been valued around 40 million euros by Atalanta who do not want to deprive themselves of player in January.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

20. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    The match against Pordenone gave Inter’s management team more indications in regards to what the squad needs. According to Premium Sport, there will be no major deals done in the January market.

Young Atalanta centre-back Bastoni who has already been purchased for 10 million euro, was originally scheduled to join Inter in the summer, however Atalanta coach Gasperini has not started the player often and Inter need cover fore the injured Vanheusden, therefore he will be brought in immediately.

Inter are still awaiting developments regarding midfield Bryan Cristante, who has been valued around 40 million euros by Atalanta who do not want to deprive themselves of player in January.
    if there is one thing the match against pordenone showed us, is that we do need reinforcements. i know you're just reporting news but i wonder what ausilio and sabatini watched
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    He will be available already in early days of January for Spallo's selection...
    Or so says FcInterNews
    So first reinforcement of the winter?!

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

23. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

If he is gonna sit on bench, he better sits on inter bench. At least he can train with his future partner aka Skriniar.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

curiosity:He was involved in the 7:1 trashing last season at 17 years of age...played roughly 30 mins

26. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

When he was on the pitch he conceded only 1 goal.
    Forza Inter

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, JJM

Fav. Player
    #FuckWanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    6x better than atalanta innit

mans not hot

30. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, JJM

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    When he was on the pitch he conceded only 1 goal.

well you ain't Batman for nothing I suppose..

United States

I really do believe that Gasperini has no interest in blooding him in now that he is inter bound. If you think about it, it probably doesn’t make sense for him to. Why should he risk losing games due to this kids mistake just so he’s more ready for Inter next year.

Unfortunately I think he’s coming to Inter a few years too early. He should really come when he’s Caldara’s age and has at least proven he can play in Serie a. Good luck to him becoming a top player here with our youth record.

33. Thanks (1): JJM