Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retro Calcio

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Not saying we deserved to go through, but we deserved a fair chance. That was rare back then and it still is against Liverpool in recent times.
    Even Chelsea, Arsenal (back then) and Man City (recently) got a taste of that poison. It's not as if it was a PL fetish UEFA had, though it sort of did. It was a push of Liverpool and Man Utd. Even against Juventus who had great connections in Europe back then with Pairetto, Liverpool got the calls

Milan also got many benefits, which ended in that infamous game vs Barcelona. The last European games between us and Milan in particular come to mind, I'll never forget how Merk fucked us over.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    I have no idea how people remember details about matches from last week never mind last decade. Kudos though
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

3. Thanks (3): Dylan, Javier'sSon, MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    I have no idea how people remember details about matches from last week never mind last decade. Kudos though

2nd minute of the return leg. Instead of a red card, nothing was given when the incident was in front of the assistant's eyes, then Shevchenko scored so we needed 4 goals. Merk decided that the only potential foul against Adriano was to murder him, so he ended up collapsing after 60something minutes as he already was fatigued. Then we managed to score after all this time of pressing with Cambiasso and Merk decides to put the icing on the cake by disallowing it. Think we had 2 or 3 legit penalty calls that game. And to top it all of, Dida had the game of his lifetime.

Some highlights from that night:
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hqo36 (not sure how to embed this one, should have worked this way)

And this game is why you either have to completely not act at all, or act with completion. The fans should have entered the pitch, not just throw flares as the next weeks that followed the Italian (and European) propaganda machine took over and said that the Inter fans were "fed up of losing" and "reacted against their team". Which was nonsense. The fans reacted against the fucking ref and Dida got hit in the process because he was standing around thinking it was drizzling fire.

One of the few classy things Mancini did at Inter was yelling at Merk telling him that this was all his doing.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    This video was among my Youtube suggestions. Enjoy.

6. Thanks (3): Kev9Inter, MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Walter Zenga

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    It’s almost the opposite for me - I started watching and going to football (Irish League and Northern Ireland international matches) in the early 1980s and I’ve got a razor sharp memory for many of the games in the 1980s through to the mid 1990s and can also rhyme off, without thinking, the teams that won each trophy each year ........ it then starts getting hazy from the late 1990s and especially through to the present day. For example, I could look at a well known squad from the late 1980s and name almost every player but would probably struggle to even name 2 or 3 these days.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I remember more games from the 2006/07 season than I do from the past 9 years and I remember the 1998 World Cup more than any other World Cup.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I only remember games from Mancini's eras (both tenures), it's a curse.
    Wallace