Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Retro Calcio

Italy

To try and follow up on 80s/90s football, Stojkovic - who's on a league of his own anyway – questionable transfer moves and all the different what-ifs of a player's career (but moving from the Jugoslavian “school” to the Magyar one), mandatory:

Lajos Detari also managed to show glimpses of his class against us, playing in heavy rains on the waterlogged pitch of the Stadio Del Conero (it was a memorable, at least for the Marchigiani supporters, Ancona-Inter 3-0, 1992/1993 season).

Retro note about that 1992/1993 season for Inter: just today Gazzetta dello Sport reporter Andrea Masala came up with a video emphasizing the obvious difference between the current training camp in Lugano (behind close doors and with unprecedented levels of security) and that summer preparation in Cavalese (Fiemme Valley, Trentino) with Osvaldo Bagnoli as a coach.

Both journalists and fans were literally on the sideline, listening to l'Usvald/“il Mago della Bovisa” yelling at his players, and they could hang with everyone after training: as always, Zenga was a bit “bossy”, Bergomi the silent leader, Berti was jokingly slapping Schillaci on the neck after Totò's legendary grammatical errors during the interviews, and so on.

At the risk of sounding stereotypical (again), “those were different times”... a genuine “pane e salame” ritiro (bread and salami, as we say).

2. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Detari also ended up in Greece, a so called game changing transfer, a record transfer with stolen money
    Didn't change shit though
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

4. Thanks (2): Dogen, MVD

Italy

Not a video nor a documentary, but this will be the ball with which Italian Serie C teams will play next season, to celebrate the anniversary of Lega Pro (1959-2019).

"Take my money" already, Erreà.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Are they shipping that internationally or could I find it at my local Decathlon store?

On another note, this featured on my youtube feed as a new upload of a subscribed channel.

Going to post it on Mancio's thread too.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda