Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Unless we sell Icardi
    Even if we sell Icardi, a South American kid who isn't European proven, should be our 3rd or even 4th striker at best. Put Pinamonti in a league of that low quality and I'm pretty sure you could make a similar highlight reel of him. Nothing he gives us in terms of quality, isn't something we don't already have.

There was a time when our Forwards were so good that a teenage Balotelli was our 4th choice, and Balotelli was much better than this kid is. That should be our goal. As that would be the case if he were to join Juve or Napoli.

There are so many other areas of the team that need addressing, and we have a history of not even using the kids we spend a lot of money on, so even if this guy is good, its a waste because we're less likely to use him than we would a creative AM, good LB, 3rd CB, a tenacious DM, respectable back up wingers (or even new wingers), or a better second striker than Eder. Any of these will help us more than he would, especially if we're going to be complaining about budget and FFP when we need to make improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

2. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    If ATM almost got him(but failed somehow) ans he was on Real's radar...he isn't just a random kid ffs...
    And I read we are willing to give him an important role in the team...
    And if Argie's NT coach is thinking about calling him up for the WC...
    And I have watched a lot of clips of him o the Ytube, even a game or two of his
    He is a very very talented player
    Easily Dybala like or even better quality
    However needs backing up and play time

I hate when people talk about players they know shit about...

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

Change Argentina for Brazil and you can ay the exact same thing about Gabriel Barbosa before we bought him.
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Change Argentina for Brazil and you can ay the exact same thing about Gabriel Barbosa before we bought him.
    no because...GabiG prefers to party over training and shit...that's why he was ko'd by every coach that lay'd his eyes on him...he just doesn't give a fuck...we should be giving out psych evaluations before signing players tbh. Mentality is so fucking important

This Lautaro seems to be more serious...not a party animal like GabiG

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    no because...GabiG prefers to party over training and shit...that's why he was ko'd by every coach that lay'd his eyes on him...he just doesn't give a fuck...we should be giving out psych evaluations before signing players tbh. Mentality is so fucking important

This Lautaro seems to be more serious...not a party animal like GabiG
    Gabriel Barbosa just simply isn't that good to begin with. De Boer saw it immediately and never wanted him. Us giving him 3.5 million euros without playing a second of European football didn't help either.

If we want to challenge for the Champions League spots, players like Lautaro can't be taking up large chunks of our budget, and it has nothing to do with the player. Buying him is like buying an expensive car while you live in a shitty apartment.

9. Thanks (2): RobertMugabe, _OC_

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Gabriel Barbosa just simply isn't that good to begin with. De Boer saw it immediately and never wanted him. Us giving him 3.5 million euros without playing a second of European football didn't help either.

If we want to challenge for the Champions League spots, players like Lautaro can't be taking up large chunks of our budget, and it has nothing to do with the player. Buying him is like buying an expensive car while you live in a shitty apartment.
    stop deluding yourself that we can buy some great players...we can't,kids like Lautaro or average players a la Vecino is what we can do...I'm not even sure we can buy Rafinha outright
    ffs

I prefer the kids tbh...I'd do a whole Russian roulette in the summer tbh...I had enough of players a la Candreva,Vecino,Perisic...who just won't give us an edge we need...

Handa
    Cancelo-Skriniar-Miranda/DeVrij-Barecca/Dalbert
    Torreira-Barella
    Verdi-Rafinha-Chiesa
    Icardi/Martinez

Padelli
    Dumbo-x-x-Dalbert
    Borja-Emmers/Gags?
    Karamoh-Zaniolo-Colidio
    Pina/Odgaard

they are kids most of them...but they have this crazy high ceiling that our current team does not have,never had,never will...and I bet this kids will fight like men with balls more than the losers we have now...even if they don't make CL...they will grow and...that's what I want! enough of piling mediocre players...we are not reaching CL anyway...why not start a revolution with awesome talents for once

SELL: Gags(if he doesn't wake up),Mario(to Ham if he performs),Vecino(who will want him?),Brozo,Perisic,Candreva,Eder,Kondo money,
    Icardi might even wanna leave tbh with no CL(can happen easily)

there is no patience at this club...that's why it fails...again and again and over again!
    quick ass solutions will not work,not working since 2010!

/drops the mic

11. Thanks (2): MVD, RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I really hope this guy will hit it here. I also fear investing that kind of sum to him means we will sell Icardi next summer no matter is there CL spot or not.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I really hope this guy will hit it here. I also fear investing that kind of sum to him means we will sell Icardi next summer no matter is there CL spot or not.
    No, not necessarily. Qualifying to CL, means lots of income, so we dont have to sell. So, there's gonna be plenty of games for him to sub Icardi.
    If we dont qualify, then we have to sell someone to make up that FFP shit...and that's probably Icardi. Therefore, this kid gonna be Icardi's replacement.
    It's win-win situation imo. I just hope he's worth the hype.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's a lot of income but we still have to meet the FFP restrictions, so no more spending than what we make. Investing 15m€ (+ bonuses to 20m€) to a player who is going to sit on the bench by default doesn't sync with those FFP restrictions.

But I hope they can make it work if we somehow make it to CL.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    But that's the thing...i dont think he's gonna be a deep bench warmer...i think he'll get plenty of playing time. One way or another, i'd rather have, an up and coming kid, who wants, and is hungry for playing time and success, as a back up to Icardi, then a washed up, no bueno for shit Eder.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

I think this kid is similar in "grinta" like Skriniar is...and that is only a good thing...for success

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

I've never seen this kid play, but based on our club's track recording of scouting kids in South America, I think it is safe to say that this dude is probably useless.

Italy

I like what Carlitos Tevez said... and I don't mean the standard line of courtesy ("he's a future crack"), but "I've been told good things about his mentality, he works really hard and he is focused on his goals. I see myself in him in this regard".

Quoting JJM, if he's on a Tevez-esque level of "garra" (grinta and temperamento) on the field, that would be a much needed attitude (to start with) at Inter.

20. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

He reminds me more of Gabriel Jesus than Barbosa in his style. Signing young players from anywhere is a big gamble but I have zero confidence he would be develop right at Inter. It’s a waste of time.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I've never seen this kid play, but based on our club's track recording of scouting kids in South America, I think it is safe to say that this dude is probably useless.
    On the other hand, scouting talent in South America:

Javier Zanetti
    Alvaro Recoba
    Ivan Cordoba
    Adriano
    Nicolas Burdisso
    Julio Cesar
    Coutinho
    Juan Jesus

Yes, I know some of these have been like 20 years ago and some of them were not exactly stars but all of them were at least good players at Inter (some less time, some a bit more).

Sure the list of unsuccessful scoutings from SA at Inter is longer, but it's not a trend that we can't scout SA players.

edit. Murillo removed from the list, he wasn't directly from SA.

24. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Netherlands

The track record the past 20 years is definitely superior to that of the past eight years. Jonathan, Barbosa, Alvarez, Laxalt, and whoever else I'm missing.

26. Thanks (3): MVD, Nyall, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah that is true. Last 8 years haven't been great.

Not sure though if we can even count Barbosa. Since it was Kia all over the place with that transfer. I doubt our scouts had anything to do with that transfer.

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah that is true. Last 8 years haven't been great.

Not sure though if we can even count Barbosa. Since it was Kia all over the place with that transfer. I doubt our scouts had anything to do with that transfer.
    They don't. We wanted Gabriel Jesus, who was fantastic in Serie A brazil and was doing very well for man.c. Till he got injured.

If this kid wont become top class, its our fault. He has everything to be a beast.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

Barbosa was such a disappointment but this kid is trough sabatini’s and baccin’s approval..

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    If we don't sell Icardi and somehow transform this kid into a CAM that's some solid potential on the pitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Boy this kid has some first touch doesn't he......hope this purchase actually gets locked up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

31. Thanks (1): MVD