Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: World Cup 2018 General Discussion

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    That's pathetic. Is that official? Come on....

GK: Courtois. Hands down.
    DR: I'd say Vrsaljko.
    DC: Varane is a correct choice.
    DC: I'd argue that Miranda is worth a shout. There's also Umtitti and I'd argue that Vida was more significant than Lovren for Croatia.
    DL: There has been a severe lack of left backs in the tournament. I'd say Augustinsson of Sweden was the best one.
    MC: Paul Pogba. Come on FIFA. For real?
    MC: Luka Modric is the correct answer here.
    AMR: Mbappe.. correct player, just wrong position
    AMC: Eden Hazard. Also correct choice. Arguably de Bruyne could be picked but he was overshadowed by Hazard imo.
    AML: Ivan Perisic, please. Cristiano Ronaldo would have more merit than Neymar here. Golovin is probably #2, or we could have had Hazard as the left winger and de Bruyne as the #10.
    FW: Antoine Griezmann. Evident lack of strikers in the tournament, but Griezmann is the best choice. Mandzukic also deserves a shout to be honest.

2. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, MVD

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Griezmann
    Perisic -- Coutinho -- Mbappe
    Modric -- De Bruyne
    Laxalt -- Mina -- Godin -- Pavard
    Curtois

Mine..

Griezman being consistent goal + assist most of thr competition
    Perisic nuff said
    Coutinho drag mediocre brazil ass
    Mbappe nuff said
    Modric been burn out on later competition but still he is crucial
    De bruyne contribution is essential to balance belgium midfeld
    Laxalt no one impresive
    Mina colombia basically he and james shout out to crzd as his main sponsor since the beginning
    Godin he is class, other choice is miranda
    Pavard his goal ***** only struggling on the final
    Curtois the only gk who didnt get karius'ed
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

4. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by chipschups View Post

Young, Paulinho, lloris and Neymar
    Don't think that's the real one, There is nothing on FIFA twitter or website.

6. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Netherlands

Courtois
    Pavard
    Varane
    Vida
    Hernandez
    De Bruyne
    Modric
    MBappe
    Hazard
    Perisic
    Griezmann

Would be my pick

8. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Pajo

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    Neymar and Ashley Young? What. Politics...

10. Thanks (2): MVD, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

That FIFA 11 is wrong and from fake account. So many got trolled.

https://twitter.com/F_Edits/status/1...095740416?s=19

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    De Vrij

Netherlands

82 Anti-Barca Forum Supporter
    How is Hazard rated higher than KDB? Unbelievable. I guess some nice dribbling gets you overrated easily, just like with Messi.

Yeah Hazards dribbling looked nice, but when it came down to it he was a huge let down. He only got a few assists and a goal or two (one of which was a penalty) against their shit tier group stage opponents and #61 Japan.
    Next to that, against the real teams like Brazil and France he's invisible. Except for his dribbling, of course Always dribbling for way too long, running into some wall causing possession loss, or if he didn't, trying to shoot by himself and missing when he should have crossed to make it a 100% chance on multiple occasions. He ruined like 10+ chances against France alone by dribbling too long & refusing to pass/trying to go for own success. The latter reminds me of Robben in his younger years. And now people call this the player of the tournament just because his dribbling looked amusing. Despite failing to perform against the big teams, this has caused him to get arrogant enough to claim RM should just buy him because he's the best player in the world… I mean, KDB was largely invisible as well but at least he delivered against Brazil.

Neither of these two got anything on the real Belgian MVP though: Thomas Meunier. That guy excelled in every game, working like a horse doing the job of three men alone, and as soon as he was suspended Belgium got raped. He was their true engine, doing so much more than KDB and Hazard combined. But of course you're not hearing a fucking word about this guy because the KDB and Hazard are the names we're used to overhype. Poor Thomas! Sigh.

At least Courtois is rightfully the best GK. He did a Karius or two against Japan, but that wasn't anywhere near as bad as other GK's this WC.
    Bwahahahaha!!! What man would voluntarily impregnate a woman while being sober?! Our fathers were all drunk.
    -Lionheart
    Get your fucking shit together you worthless, spineless, brainless fucking cunts.
    -Universe
    FUCK BARCA

14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Grujinho, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Because KdB is a "nice" player, like Ozil. They need other good players around them and they can knit things together. But they're not studs who can be relied on to lead a team almost solo. I'm not the biggest Hazard fan but that's the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

Hazard was Belgium's best player, KdB was average except Brazil game.

17. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Zoro

Netherlands

Ozil just retired from the German national team

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Ozil just retired from the German national team
    Good riddance for them. Now Gundogan should follow suit - the other guy on that Erdogan propaganda photo.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

20. Thanks (4): chhstr, Il Drago, MVD, Zoro

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Good riddance for them. Now Gundogan should follow suit - the other guy on that Erdogan propaganda photo.
    Please don't start

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Uli Hoeness is a savage.

I am glad that this scare is now over. He had been playing sh*t for years," he told Sport Bild .

"He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his sh*tty performance hide beyond this picture.

"Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

"His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

"The development in our country is a catastrophe. You have to go back to what it is: sport. And from a sporting point of view, Ozil has no place in the national team for years."
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Uli Hoeness is a savage.
    Hoeneß is a douche. If he had a little bit of honour left, he would be the first to retire. Well, he shouldn't have made his comeback first and foremost.

To Özil: Also in his three famous post he showed no self criticism at all but in some aspects he's right. Players and former players are measured with two standards. DFB honour captain Matthäus appears on pictures with Putin and Zanetti acts like best buddy of scum like Infantino.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    Well, ozil has been playing very bad in the national team. So when we look at the footballing aspects, which should be the only ones to count here, it only makes sense that he isn't called up anymore anyway, regardless of his decisions
    Last edited by firmino; 24 Jul 18 at 06:37.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Well, ozil has been playing very bad in the national team. So when we look at the footballing aspects, which should be the only ones to count here, it only makes sense that he isn't called up anymore anyway, regardless of his decisions
    I think that's not true. Hoeneß f. e. said he hasn't won any duel since 2014 ... At the World Cup he won 60%+ as an offensive midfielder. He also made most key passes per game in the World Cup by far, had the most assists in the German team since ten years by far (goals and assists only Müller has as many), had the most assists of any player in the world in World Cups and Euros since 2010 and so on.

And IIRC when Germany was beaten by Mexico 0:1 he was the only one running back, trying to stop the Mexican player.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

I think his demise is overstated. Ozil is very good, but he's also a very particular player. He's not versatile, and he can't play in a wide variety of roles. In a sense, he's only as good as the players around him.

Ozil is the type of player Argentina's national team is desperate for; unselfish, pass first, and willing to let others take the glory. However, when you surround that type of player with Mario Gomez, Timo Werner (who I like, but was terrible), and Mueller (worst German player all tournament imo), you end up with a whole lot of nothing. Compound this with the fact that Khedira looked finished.

If Ozil was put as our #10 behind Icardi and with Nainggolan/Brozovic behind him, the results would be crazy good. Curious to see what Emery does with him though. Wegner played him a lot as a RF/RW last year, which is pure silliness.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter

31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD