Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan de Vrij

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Also with de Vrij here Spalletti will have the option to use Skriniar as a DM in the big games. Looking at how well Skriniar passes and the intensity of his game, this kid could easily spur on our midfield to another level.
    A defender with good passing is not the same thing as a defensive midfielder and I don't want to see Skriniar played unnecessarily out of position - even as an extra option. Just as a full back with a good offensive game is not the same thing as a winger and Cancelo should absolutely stay at RB. Sure, some teams may have the luxury to experiment or play players in auxiliary positions but we can't even hold possession for 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    For 6mil and then we get Paletta for free.

And FIF hail this is the smartest transfer strategy. Making a grand total of 6mil profit on an inconsistent player.
    Indeed. A good deal is a good deal and a bad deal is just that too. I don't like apologists trying to rationalize or validate a bad deal.

Either way, knowing us, I'm sure we'll get De Vrij on a free and we'll all be ecstatic to see a CB pairing of Skriniar / De Vrij but then against all odds they'll somehow manage to be really shit or something.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

»\_(ツ)_/»

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

I don't understand this obssession with playing Skriniar out of position. Yea, this guy is our best player so let's play him out of position! That will surely make him perform better!

Just because the guy played a few matches in his youth as DM (Yes, I checked, the guy has played only one match as DM in his professional career), doesn't mean he is a good DM. Players in their youth play in many different positions.

Also, let's say we played him as DM and he didn't perform. Then wouldn't he lose confidence? Don't we have enough players with low confidence? Why do we have to ruin the only thing going well for us?

He is a good passer? How so? You mostly see Skriniar's good passes when we have the ball and the opposition is sitting deep, Skriniar has tons of space in front of him and not under much pressure; this is where he makes a good pass. But then who wouldn't in such situation?!
    Passing in midfield is totally different as there is much more pressure from the opposition.

Handa has close to 100% pass success. How about we try him as DM?

When a player is performing exceptionally you try your best to make sure he keeps it up. Whatever you are doing is working so the last thing you need to do is change!
    Last edited by Ronaldo; 07 Mar 18 at 08:54.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    GdS - Inter sole favorite to sign Stefan De Vrij. The last obstacle is his agency, Seg

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter remain the only club that has taken the most concrete steps to close for Lazio defender and soon to be free agent Stefan De Vrij. The Nerazzurri are the sole favorite, ready to offering the player five-year contract at 4.2 million a year plus bonuses. Now the final question is linked to the commissions owed to Seg which is the agency of Stefan.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicol˛Barella

NULLA ╔ IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

4. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I don't understand this obssession with playing Skriniar out of position. Yea, this guy is our best player so let's play him out of position! That will surely make him perform better!

Just because the guy played a few matches in his youth as DM (Yes, I checked, the guy has played only one match as DM in his professional career), doesn't mean he is a good DM. Players in their youth play in many different positions.

Also, let's say we played him as DM and he didn't perform. Then wouldn't he lose confidence? Don't we have enough players with low confidence? Why do we have to ruin the only thing going well for us?

He is a good passer? How so? You mostly see Skriniar's good passes when we have the ball and the opposition is sitting deap, Skriniar has tons of space in front of him and not under much pressure; this is where he makes a good pass. But then who wouldn't in such situation?!
    Passing in midfield is totally different as there is much more pressure from the opposition.

Handa has close to 100% pass success. How about we try him as DM?

When a player is performing exceptionally you try your best to make sure he keeps it up. Whatever you are doing is working so the last thing you need to do is change!
    Have you seen him play as a DM though? And its not a obssession. If we have 3 good CB why would you bench one of them if Skriniar can kill it as DM?

Now I haven't seen him play as DM for us but I've seen him play it for national team and he was really good. I didn't think him as a good DM because of his passing ability but more of the breaking up the opponents attack. His ability when an opponent is coming against him is freaking awesome, he always remains calmed and often with 1 try takes the ball from the opponent. How is this not a good quality as a DM? and to add on that the passing ability you all mention all the time. Good shots too?

He can become our Matic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

6. Thanks (2): MVD, RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    He played well at DM vs England
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

8. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, DIN011, Dylan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Essentially it would turn into 5 at the back instead of 4, where Skriniar would move a bit more ahead to anticipate attacks and break up, but at that point he can only pass to the nearest teammate and that's it.

10. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Essentially it would turn into 5 at the back instead of 4, where Skriniar would move a bit more ahead to anticipate attacks and break up, but at that point he can only pass to the nearest teammate and that's it.
    Arguments for Skriniar in terms of abilities that would help him being a good DM were already given here by ScottishInterista and Candreva Crosses. What you just said about having 5 fullbacks is not a complete story. Just look at Manchester City. Having Fernandinho in the DM position indeed causes a lot of a time him being essentially a 3rd CB but he is more at the front making him a central figure when it comes to passing (just look at his figures, Gundogan playing at his position due to his injury made a record for number of passes in a single Premier League game - and it was against Chelsea! As far as I rememer Fernandinho himself has massive stats when it comes to this). This also allows full-backs to move to the front (Kyle Walker and Mendy, to some extent Danilo, to lesser extent Zinchenko and Delph) creating overload in the opponents area, providing width, creating difficulties when it comes to tagging and most importantly allowing wingers to go deeper into penalty area (less dependence on Mauro). I think it doesn't need to be said that Cancelo would be very well fitted to such a role. I think you're only thinking about defensive opportunities but even then:
    -It allows fullbacks to help midfielders in stopping opponents before the penalty area.
    -Skriniar can allow himself to go upfront to use his skills when it comes to breaking up opponents attack - he has a complete defensive 4 behind him!

So essentially, he would be in a position that doesn't discard his pros as a CB, but it would also provide us with a great passing player deeper in the field and allow an option of having fullbacks doing the same. I see only opportunities here.

12. Thanks (3): nurko, RobertMugabe, varmin

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    em reading that Miranda wants out after the season...so De Vrij is kind of his replacement...this are just rumors at this time...not set in stone obviously
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

You clearly didn't check well enough. Skriniar plays regularly as DM for his NT. I have seen him play as DM in a game, this guy has all the characteristics to become a great DM. He can pass well, break up play, as well as inject some much needed intensity in our midfield. Its not really "out of position" for Skriniar, its a position he is familiar with.

Its not an option now. But if we get de Vrij, it definitely becomes an option Spalletti can use when needed. Specially if we don't buy a player like Torreira.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Inter-de Vrij at the final stages: it is about to be done shortly. The last obstacle ...
    In the finishing line the negotiations for the arrival of the Dutch defender in the Nerazzurri

Here we are. Stefan de Vrij is preparing to become an Inter player from next season. As reported by Gianluca Di Marzio at Sky Sports, in fact, the Nerazzurri executives are currently dealing with the agents of the Dutch defender of Lazio to get as soon as possible to an agreement in view of 2018-19. At the moment there is some resistance, also because the de Vrij prosecutors ask a lot in terms of commissions, the same reason, among other things, that has caused the failed renewal attempt of the contract with the biancocelesti. However, it continues to be dealt with and soon the agreement could be reached. De Vrij-Inter at the final narrow.

(Source: Sky Sport)

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    You clearly didn't check well enough. Skriniar plays regularly as DM for his NT. I have seen him play as DM in a game, this guy has all the characteristics to become a great DM. He can pass well, break up play, as well as inject some much needed intensity in our midfield. Its not really "out of position" for Skriniar, its a position he is familiar with.

Its not an option now. But if we get de Vrij, it definitely becomes an option Spalletti can use when needed. Specially if we don't buy a player like Torreira.
    Could playing for NT seriously be considered regularly? Even if, he's played a total of 7 matches for his NT! Even if he's played all of them as DM (which I highly doubt), that's only 7 matches as DM + 1 match as DM at club level.

How many of these matches have you watched to decide that he is a good DM? I bet you haven't watched more than 1 match.

Even if you've watched all 8 matches and he was good, that still not enough to justify removing Skriniar from a position he had the most success at.

Also playing a lousy match for NT every few months doesn't justify changing his position.

19. Thanks (3): MVD, thatdude, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Could playing for NT seriously be considered regularly? Even if, he's played a total of 7 matches for his NT! Even if he's played all of them as DM (which I highly doubt), that's only 7 matches as DM + 1 match as DM at club level.

How many of these matches have you watched to decide that he is a good DM? I bet you haven't watched more than 1 match.

Even if you've watched all 8 matches and he was good, that still not enough to justify removing Skriniar from a position he had the most success at.

Also playing a lousy match for NT every few months doesn't justify changing his position.
    He's played 14 matches for Slovakia, 6 as DM, with 3 wins and 3 losses. The wins came against Lithuania (twice) and Norway. The losses were against Germany, England and Ukraine.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

»\_(ツ)_/»

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    He's played 14 matches for Slovakia, 6 as DM, with 3 wins and 3 losses. The wins came against Lithuania (twice) and Norway. The losses were against Germany, England and Ukraine.
    Could be, I'm not sure.

I got the info from Transfermarkt:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/milan-s...spieler/204069

According to them he has played 7 matches for Slovakia. 16 for Slovakia U21 and 1 for Slovakia U19.

7 or 16 or whatever, still he hasn't played enough matches as DM to be considered a good DM and since he is impressing at CB let's not distrupt his progess by changing his position.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Every big team in the world is moving DMs to CB (if they are at all shifting) , only at Inter we are considering doing the opposite.
    Wallace

23. Thanks (3): Kakaroto, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Every big team in the world is moving DMs to CB (if they are at all shifting) , only at Inter we are considering doing the opposite.
    Mascherano?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    The funniest is Gary Medel he like 5’6 haha
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Mascherano?
    Case in point, a DM moved to CB
    Wallace

28. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Skriniar can play CF for all I care and he would still be awesome...

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

Would he be awesome if he's playing on the bench? Would you care then?
    Wallace

32. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, MVD

Netherlands

The only name I can think of who has moved from CB to CDM is David Luiz last year

34. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude