Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kwadwo Asamoah

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I think we're late here. He can offer a couple of good seasons but he'll probably sign a four year deal and we'll spend the last two years trying to send him to China, some Arab league or the MLS.

Players that rely on their athleticism can rarely be serviceable at our required level after the age of 32. I'm sure we'll be able to replace him at that point, so I can't be completely against this move.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I think he could be useful as a back-up not as a starter. I've saw some comments about he is better then any LB we have but that shouldn't be a argument to sign a player, although I can understand it. That was my first reaction but then i started to think and i think one of the problems of Inter is signing mediocre players for a high salary. Why not try and sell Nagatomo/Dalbert and buy one good LB. If we can't sell this players this summer we have 5 players who can play LB! We should sell first before we buy or sign any player. The only good thing about this transfer is that he comes for free.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I really think this is a terrible idea.
    why? do you know a better player to walk into our starting lineup and fix our LB position? May I emphasize, for FREE?

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

5. Thanks (1): Quantum

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    I think he could be useful as a back-up not as a starter. I've saw some comments about he is better then any LB we have but that shouldn't be a argument to sign a player, although I can understand it. That was my first reaction but then i started to think and i think one of the problems of Inter is signing mediocre players for a high salary. Why not try and sell Nagatomo/Dalbert and buy one good LB. If we can't sell this players this summer we have 5 players who can play LB! We should sell first before we buy or sign any player. The only good thing about this transfer is that he comes for free.
    Given the times, that free transfer thingie is a pretty important one.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Given the times, that free transfer thingie is a pretty important one.
    I agree with that. But still I think it is an average LB and we have alot of them already. So if Inter succeeds in selling 2 LB this summer, this will be a pretty good deal at the end. If they fail to do that then we have 5 LB's with all of them a high salary.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by DARi0 View Post
    why? do you know a better player to walk into our starting lineup and fix our LB position? May I emphasize, for FREE?
    He's not that good of a player, and if we give him massive wages (which we surely will), unloading him once we realize just how average he is will be a nightmare. He's easily the worst player in Juve's starting eleven on any given Sunday, and was the only player we consistently had any attacking threat against in Turin a couple months ago. This guy isn't even a left back by trade, he was a CDM who was forced to move out wide when Sandro got hurt last year.

If this guy was really all that and a bag of chips, you can bet damn well Juve wouldn't be letting him walk to one of their rivals for free. They aren't Lazio trying to sacrifice winning for pride.

Also, why have we already written off Dalbert? He's played like ten games for us and we've already decided he isn't good enough to start at LB next year to the point that we need to bring in this schmuck? Gee, thanks for wasting another 30 million.

I'll go on record saying that if we start Asamoah at LB next year, no one on this forum will think its even a mild upgrade over anything we've run out there this year, minus Santon.

10. Thanks (3): Kakaroto, MVD, Universe

Vietnam

Short note from pubes forum: Pubetini rate Asamoah pretty high, and they are furious that they could not keep him as the backup.

And their standard is really top tier, with Alex Sandro and Spinnazola there already.

While on fif Asamoah is not good enough to start, over.. a reverse RB Dumbo as the BEST LB, seriously? Having tons of Nagatomos or Santons means shit because they are absolute trash. Dalbert on verge of that scheme too. I doubt he is any better than Biraghi/ Dimarco.
    Last edited by PHM1605; 06 Mar 18 at 18:41.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

According to Eurosport, Juventus do not want Asamoah to go to Inter. In fact they have contacted the player's entourage to schedule a meeting to discuss his possible renewal.

Credit (facebook): Inter - Mai Stati in B

13. Thanks (1): MVD

United States

Game changed tonight when he and Lichtensteiner came on

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

True but it's more to do with the change of formation that came along with it than his individual effort.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    He would walk to our starting lineup easily. Ditch Nagatomo and Santon and get this guy. Dalbert can learn behind him.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    The fate of Kwadwo Asamoah will probably be decided between May and June. In recent weeks, the Ghanaian received an offer from Inter for a three-year deal, 2.5 million net plus bonuses per season. This offer is higher than that of Juventus which is two-year, two million a season. Right now, the 1989-born player is reflecting but is in no hurry to decide where he will play next year.

His future will also depend on many other factors. The first is the fate of Nagatomo. If Galatasaray decided to sign the player, his transfer would free up space in the team as well as in the books to sign Asamoah. Another scenario is not signing with Galatasaray. In this case, agent Pastorello (Nagatomo and Asamoah share same agent) would likely try to move the Japanese to West Ham. At which, there is Patrice Evra and guess what, he also shares the same agent as Nagatomo and Asamoah.

In short, Pastorello will have the decisive role rotating these players around and thus, Asamoah’s arrival at Inter is far from done.

At the end of the match against Tottenham, Asamoah discusses the game but also his future to Premium Sport.

“I have been here for six years, at this great club. I work every day to help the team and I do not get angry if I do not play at the start. I am just happy for tonight’s win and I am glad that I was able to help my teammates. My expiring contract? I am happy here in Turin and have never had any problem with anyone. I always want to work and I have never spoken about my contract because I do not want distraction. This team allows me to win important things and I just want to give my all.”

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolÚBarella

NULLA … IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    He would walk to our starting lineup easily. Ditch Nagatomo and Santon and get this guy. Dalbert can learn behind him.
    "Learning behind" is a fallacy. If Asamoah comes here, Dalbert will barely play next season (barring injury and assuming Asamoah isn't too medicore). We'll then loan the guy out somewhere for year 3, and he will never play a meaningful game for Inter. We've all seen this movie before.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I agree with ADRossi. If Asamoah comes to Inter, and he is the decent player we have seen at Juve, Dalbert will get even less chances next season. He's already 24 years old. He needs playing time more than learning from a more experienced player. His case reminds me a lot of Emerson one at Roma. He rarely played during his first season as Spalletti didn't really trust him. But when Roma first option for lb position (Mario Rui) got injured in the following summer Spalletti was kinda forced to play him and Emerson ended up being one of the best wingbacks of the league.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    The question is, do we really want to see more of Dalbert next season and depend on him? The scrub is behind Santon, Nagatomo and D'Ambrosio in the pecking order. Is this really the level of LB you want to build your next season's plans on? What if he continues to be shit? Then what? Use D'Ambrosio as a LB until January (assuming that we even buy out Cancelo)?

I don't get why we should rely on him at the expense of Inter's performances and results. If he's not good enough then just get rid of him. No reason to miss out on signing better LBs just because we still have Dalbert on our books.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, Ť la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

24. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    The question is, do we really want to see more of Dalbert next season and depend on him? The scrub is behind Santon, Nagatomo and D'Ambrosio in the pecking order. Is this really the level of LB you want to build your next season's plans on? What if he continues to be shit? Then what? Use D'Ambrosio as a LB until January (assuming that we even buy out Cancelo)?

I don't get why we should rely on him at the expense of Inter's performances and results. If he's not good enough then just get rid of him. No reason to miss out on signing better LBs just because we still have Dalbert on our books.
    Exactly. If Dalbert is shit, he is shit. We can't go to the season hoping he turns into not shit in the summer only because we paid over 20m€ for him. It was a bad purchase (atm) so we just have to live with it and adjust.

Think about it, what if Dalbert continues to being shit like this season? We're totally fucked with yet another season D'Ambro or whoever the fuck Santon-Nagatomo starting as our LB.

26. Thanks (2): M.Adnan, thatdude

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Thats why you gotta have 2 players for every position, and if Santon wont get a renewal & Nagatomo will get sold, having Asamoah and Dalbert as our LBs is a good plan for next season, and whoever takes their chances will continue to start.

28. Thanks (1): M.Adnan

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

This will not go well. I can just imagine how everyone will complain and call inter a retirement home after he plays bad and I doubt he can play as average he is doing at rube but in Inter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Milito

Romania

Rube will not let him come to us, they are too smart to do that. Asamoah must be very motivated to choose us and from his last interview, I dont see it.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by BUCHROM View Post
    Rube will not let him come to us, they are too smart to do that. Asamoah must be very motivated to choose us and from his last interview, I dont see it.
    Lol, just give him a pay raise and he'll run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football