Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Josip Iličić

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    It's a problem if we buy 30 year old for every position.

But we aren't yet doing that, one or two is fine.
    You have to admit our team changes drastically every 2-3 years, doesn't it? We need to stop this and try to make the team more stable.

It's like being on a diet; one piece of cake doesn't make a difference, then comes the next, the next and before you know it you've gained 10 pounds in a week.

All I'm saying is that our team is not stable and buying Ilicic doesn't help that stability the same way buying Candreva, Eder, Valero or Hernanes didn't help our team's stability.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    You have to admit our team changes drastically every 2-3 years, doesn't it? We need to stop this and try to make the team more stable.

It's like being on a diet; one piece of cake doesn't make a difference, then comes the next, the next and before you know it you've gained 10 pounds in a week.

All I'm saying is that our team is not stable and buying Ilicic doesn't help that stability the same way buying Candreva, Eder, Valero or Hernanes didn't help our team's stability.
    Its a tradeoff of that with how much money we can spend. A 22-25 year old who can perform at Ilicic's level in Serie A will cost upwards of 40m, or may be too inconsistent. For every Candreva, Eder or Hernanes there also is a Joao Mario, Gabigol or Dalbert. Its about balance. We need a mix of young talents, players on their peak and experienced players. That is the way to balance the budget, the performance next season, as well as future potential.

I am not in favour of Ilicic, unless he is a back up for someone like Rafinha or a player of better quality. We need a deeper squad, and if Ilicic is being considered to provide depth, then I can understand this move.

3. Thanks (1): Urban

Fav. Player
    Chau Chau

Albania

No thanks.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

5. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Its a tradeoff of that with how much money we can spend. A 22-25 year old who can perform at Ilicic's level in Serie A will cost upwards of 40m, or may be too inconsistent. For every Candreva, Eder or Hernanes there also is a Joao Mario, Gabigol or Dalbert. Its about balance. We need a mix of young talents, players on their peak and experienced players. That is the way to balance the budget, the performance next season, as well as future potential.

I am not in favour of Ilicic, unless he is a back up for someone like Rafinha or a player of better quality. We need a deeper squad, and if Ilicic is being considered to provide depth, then I can understand this move.
    No, for every Candreva or Hernanes there is not a JM or Gabigol.

For every 10 Candreva there is a JM. While young players could fail they still maintain some level of resale value. Also, in recent history we've had more success with youngsters than older players. Almost all our recent older player purchases have failed.

Napoli and specially Roma are heavily relying on youngsters and they are more successful than us.

What you are saying used to work well in the 90's but nowadays it almost never works. Even here on FIF the only example people could come up with is Milito from 8 years ago.

In 2010, signing older players worked for us for a year but then resulted in us being out of CL for 6 years as we were left with no infrastructure. We had an aging squad and had no one who could step up and take their role.

Look at the most successful teams in recent years, do their teams change every 2-3 years? Do they buy 30 year olds? Real who were known all around the world for signing 'Galacticos' have hardly signed any high profile players in recent history and unsurprisingly they've been more successful!!

Don't tell me we don't have money; we have more than Napoli and Roma. What we don't have is a proper sporting director, someone who understands modern football and tries to plan his moves accordingly. Instead, like many on this forum he is stuck in the 90's and every freaking year he thinks that the team is just one or two experienced player away from achieving its goals.

It hasn't been working and it's not going to work now.

If we didn't have players like Skriniar, Brozovic, Rafinha, or Cancelo we won't be dreaming about making it to CL. If we want to make it to CL regularly we need more of those players and not Ilicic or Candreva.

Why are we after a RW while we only have Perisic at LW? Why don't we buy a young LW and start playing him here and there until he is ready to replace Perisic?

I tell you what we are going to do instead. We are going to ignore LW till Perisic is old and can't perform anymore, then we would look for a RW who can start for us right away but since all the good otions are going to be expensive, we will overpay for a 30 year old from a midtable team, someone just like Ilicic!

7. Thanks (1): Sqnalkel

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    In 2010, signing older players worked for us for a year but then resulted in us being out of CL for 6 years as we were left with no infrastructure. We had an aging squad and had no one who could step up and take their role.
    I'm sorry, but while the spirit of your post is not far off from reality, this part here is complete BS because:
    a) We didn't sign many older players.
    b) We signed a bunch of young players or players in their prime and almost none of them panned out.

These will include co-ownerships that we completed.

2010:
    Coutinho (18), Mariga (23), Biabiany (22), Ranocchia (22), Pazzini (28), Nagatomo (24). Our oldest transfer was Castelazzi at age 34 and he was coming as a 3rd choice GK. There was also 28 year old Kharja on loan.

2011:
    Castaignos (18), Viviano (25), Jonathan (25), Alvarez (22), Poli (21)- loan, Zarate (24)- loan. The only old player we bought in was Forlan at 33 because the coach wanted him.

2012:
    Guarin (25), Palacio (30), Cassano (30), Gargano (28) - loan, Handanovic (27), Pereira (26), Silvestre (27), Kovacic (18), Schelotto (23), Kuzmanovic (25), Rocchi (35), Carizzo (28). There was also Mundigayi aged 29 or something, on loan.

2013:
    Campagnaro (33), Rolando (27) - loan, Juan Jesus (22), Wallace (19) - loan, Andreolli (27), Botta (23), Taider (21), Icardi (20), Belfodil (21), Hernanes (28)

2014:
    Vidic (33), Dodo (22), D'Ambrosio (25), Medel (27), M'Vila (24), Podolski (29)- loan, Shaqiri (24), Brozovic (23), Santon (24), Felipe (31)

2015:
    Murillo (23), Kondogbia (22), Miranda (30) Montoya (24) - loan, Perisic (26) Telles (22) - loan, Jovetic (25), Ljajic (23) - loan, Felipe Melo (30), Eder (28)

2016:
    Banega (27), Gabriel Barbosa (20), Ansaldi (29), Candreva (29), Joao Mario (23), Gagliardini (23)

2017:
    Padelli (31), Vecino (25), Dalbert (23), Skriniar (22), Valero (32), Karamoh (19), Cancelo (23) - loan, Rafinha (24) - loan, Lisandro Lopez (28) - loan

Now that you have the full picture, please tell me how this means that we signed older players that stopped us from reaching CL...
    Last edited by brehme1989; 25 May 18 at 14:18.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Kinda pointless debate, quality of old and young players we bought vary across years.

Age isn't the only variable contribute to our poor results and performance per season.
    Wallace

10. Thanks (1): Pimpin

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    That kinda showed the myth or perception of Inter just signing old players.

Personally for me its the consistency, lack of youth integration in the first team and the signing of many average players. Also selling players to early or not giving them time to settle. Paying high transfer fees and not playing that player, then loaning him out. All these things have happened a lot over the years.

IF we will play with wingers again this season, and especially with the CL coming up, we need a 4th winger and Illicic fits the bill.

I would have sold Candreva and got both Chiesa & Illicic but it seems like Chiesa is too expensive for Inter and Candreva is actually staying.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Sure of course we don't just sign old players.

But we don't use half the young players we actually bought, that's why it gives such a misconception in the first place.

Utilisation and acquisition are different topics. There are players, young, and played well for us we acquired them, just as there were for old players.

So again there isn't so much of a causation between players age and CL qualification, which was seemingly the argument looking at the post above.
    Wallace

13. Thanks (1): Batman

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I don't get this age discrimination thing in this place
    It's pedo FIF man, we like 'em young and juicy.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

15. Thanks (3): JJM, MVD, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Julio Cesar

Canada

I am sorry ppl here saying milito and motta, that is not the same illicic is not of that caliber. Look at Pirlo with juventus or Ineista with Barca. Motta is a great midfilder who played in barca, milito played in weak teams but he was a beast everywhere. what ilicic and what crap!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    This only goes on to show that our failures were not about more old players or young players. They were about more mediocre players than good players.

You can buy a kid who is mediocre or an old player who is mediocre, either way you will fail. We should focus focus less on age and more on what quality they bring to the squad. I will take a quality 32 year old over an average 22 year old any day of the week.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    This only goes on to show that our failures were not about more old players or young players. They were about more mediocre players than good players.

You can buy a kid who is mediocre or an old player who is mediocre, either way you will fail. We should focus focus less on age and more on what quality they bring to the squad. I will take a quality 32 year old over an average 22 year old any day of the week.
    Off-course, who wouldn't?

19. Thanks (3): Candreva Crosses, MVD, tanorini

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

You guys always take everything to the extreme. It’s not either 32 year olds or 18 year olds. What I want Inter to do is get players in their prime not past it.
    Platano Power
    Inter Will Not Qualify For The Champions League

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

I will take a quality 32 year old over an average 22 year old any day of the week.
    This what people say about borja trf at first and for next few month on his honeymoon period, after that FIF pedomania seen him as useless old baldy player.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

23. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Ilicic is in his best form ever shown!
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Laos

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Ilicic is in his best form ever shown!
    It's all down hill from here

27. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Milito

France

He would be a great replacement. He is really really relevant in his moves, technically. He is far better than our players in the middle. Even our wingers.
    Come and visit the http://www.internazionale.fr the best and biggest french supporter website !

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Atalanta's presidente saying he is untouchable for him and the club

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

30. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Good, keep it this way.