Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rafinha or Cancelo?

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Bloody wallace took the spot.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    GdS seems to think there is no way we can cough up 35 mil for Cancelo now...

I'm inclined to agree

But what do I know, I didn't believe for a second Inter can get to CL after Sass until Vecino actually scored that 3 goal... I admit it
    When Icardi scored the pen I was calmly opening the best wine in the house... (My dad lost his shit when I did that)
    Totally worth it when Vecino scored tho... It was a total Mad house

I think Cancelo is gonna be a stellar RB and I would do anything to keep him but I don't really know our FFP situation in the fine details
    Maybe there is nothing we can do about it since Valencia wants cash caughed up now!

Rafinha... I LIKE HIM but... A lot but I think a Cancelo is harder to find, a good RB talent is hard to find this days and Cancelo is a rare gem!

More practical buy however is Rafinha as Barca might be willing to re-negotiate the deal

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks (1): TwoFiddy

Fav. Player
    D.Milito, kova

Indonesia

I'm more towards to Cancelo, but damn, rafinha improved our attacking mode was hard to be ignored too. Fuck Suning, please get both

Serbia

Cancelo shined a bit more than Rafinha did this season because our style of football this season was tailored with him in mind far more. Crossing into the box and all that. We don't have midfielders who can deploy through balls nor do we have wingers who can dribble and cut inside, so Rafinha was a bit excluded and didn't maybe get the chances he should've. Just something to take into account.

Rafinha's flaw is that he isn't all that fast and he got bullied hard by Lazio's midfield last night, but that was also partially because our entire squad was playing in a very disjointed fashion. I am very well aware of how rare a solid attacking right back is nowadays, and how lucky we are to be in a position to get one for a cheap price in today's market. And I do want Cancelo badly too. But Rafinha's mentality and Barca's ingrained standards for playing under pressure are currently the most valuable thing Inter has got going for them and that has to be kept no matter what so that's my answer.

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    Rafina had a poor game but in his defense the whole team apart of Brozovic and defense was pure shit. Candreva and Icardi were non existent. Vecino was totally lost and Perisic put a lot of efforts but with no result.
    He was much more consistent performer for us than Cancelo so far. Cancelo also started poor the game and was beaten few times at the beginning but then stepped in. From other hand Cancelo's qualities gives a opportunity of Spalletti to swich the formation when the team is attacking. This is valuable.
    Personally i would go for Rafina but it's tough choice anyway.
    Last edited by varmin; 21 May 18 at 09:37.

7. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Rafinha
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Rafinha AND Cancelo please. Plus throw in Vidal, Barella and an exciting winger or two. We have made the CL, in 2 months we can tell FFP to fuck off.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Rafinha if we had to choose but its a very close decision
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

11. Thanks (1): RobertMugabe

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Fuck it!!!!!!!

We got CL money now so let's sign both

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    I voted for Cancelo but I think we should keep both of them.

England

rafinha

but both plz

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Both are still too expensive but I want us to keep both. I believe Rafinha's price tag can be lowered and Cancelo may be a swap deal with Kondogbia (year1) and Murillo (year 2) so it's probably achievable.

Between the two I prefer Rafinha but I wouldn't spend 35m or 38m or whatever 30something the price is on either.

Kuwait

I think if I had to choose one it would have to be Cancelo just because we've struggled for years to fill in the full back roles and we finally got someone who can play there for years. Rafinha is brilliant but we can find many talented playmakers IF we end up not buying him.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

As many have said finding a good wing back is much more difficult than a creative midfielder.

Just think of it like this , would you prefer to keep Maicon or Sneijder ?? i would take Maicon any day

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

10 years of FIF
    Cancelo but I will be extremely disappointed if we don't get both now.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

I want them both, but I’d choose Rafinha because of his creativity and mentality, he has been playing good despite recovering from injury, I’d imagine he will be even better next season.

However, still want Cancelo too, its hard to find a fullback with his attacking abilities. Despite having an amazing season, the last few games of the season he got me a lil bit worried, as he made lots of defensive errors and poor decisions, which is quite understandable considering his age but he has a long way to go.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Julio Cesar

Canada

cancelo because me thinks we already are obligated to buy rafinha since we made cl , it's been activated in the clause.

Greece

Just a reminder. We got Shaqiri for 15m and sold him a bit later for 15-16m. Imagine doing this with either one of the two. We buy Rafinha and Cancelo at 35m. You think we can get that money back if we sell them instantly? Anyone saying yes is fooling themselves. We're overpaying for both here.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    ^^ that`s the price for the 1 year free trial. This is actually the smartest way to buy players - make them fight for the transfer, integrate and prove their value. Quaresma episode would never happen again if we could go on like this!

If I had to pick, I would go for Rafinha for his top mentality and much needed ability to link up play between the lines. He just needs another good passer and runner, perhaps a Barella/Vidal type of player?

If I were Ausilio, I would probably ask Spalletti Are you going to use an AM next season to accommodate Lautaro Martinez? Are we going to play 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3?
    Signing Cancelo now and trying to negociate for Rafinha would be probably most appropriate, as other teams would take him in a heartbeat. Plus his set pieces & crosses are swiss precision + has plenty of years ahead. Would make sense as an investment.

Rafinha seems determined to force Barca`s hands for a loan extension, so I`m actually hoping for BOTH - especially that we made it into the UCL!!

NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Greece

No, that's not the point. If we buy Rafinha for 38m and put him on the market right away, we'll probably get offers of around 25m. With Cancelo it's a similar case. If he was part of the World Cup team I'd say he'd go for 30ish but he'll also command a 20-25m fee at best. I also trust that Quaresma would have been more determined to perform if he was here on a loan + option deal. It's a motivation factor. Same way others perform better when their contract is nearing expiry.

Both deals are really bad in the business sense.