Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 327279808182
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1635

Thread: Serie A Calcio Mercato, Summer 2018/2019

Vietnam

What annoys me more is that FFP bs goes from "remove Milan Europe ban" to "use full squad in Europe" then to "splashing additional 40m like nothing". While they are getting -200m transfer deficit in the last 2 seasons, and don't even have CL income.

Look what happened to us? ZERO net spend allowance plus a restricted squad for CL It's a joke.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, that's a fucking joke. I want UEFA to punish them hard next time they have the negotiation for their financial situation. I mean, like you said, initial punishment was "ban from euro games". Then they appeal to CAS which revokes the ban and then it's like, okay, there's no punishment at all by UEFA then. WTF?!

We've been punished so hard and Milan gets away with everything. All the ridiculous spending year ago, no CL football and they just play EL games like nothing and keeps spending to 30m€ players.

Fav. Player
    Icardi, Radja

Scotland

I hope we smash them they’ve been way too smug going in to this derby despite being mid table and scraping past a couple of pub teams in the EL.

4. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

The fact that Milan were refused a settlement agreement by Uefa looks more like a reward than a punishment at the moment. It has given them time to fix the squad now and deal with Uefa later. If they had someone competent instead of Mirabelli last season things wouldn't have looked that bad for Milan right now. When we had a change in our ownership, the first thing Thohir did was reaching a settlement agreement with Uefa which gave him a conventient excuse for the lack of spending on transfers. I can't help but wonder how different things could have been for us if we had followed Milan's approach. Of course it would require an owner who's actually willing to spend money and Thohir never looked like one.
    "After Inter it's difficult to think of anything better" - Walter Sabatini

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    To be honest it depends on how hard they get hit down the line which we don't know yet.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

That’s what I was saying. UEFA can’t afford to lose Milan from Europe or else they will look like a joke. If you disqualify the teams with the most fans who is going to watch the tournament?

We are a joke now... we should’ve spent more and didn’t give a shit much about FFP. Signing players like Rafinha and Cancelo should’ve been our priority rather than caring about a lousy warning from UEFA.

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    That’s what I was saying. UEFA can’t afford to lose Milan from Europe or else they will look like a joke. If you disqualify the teams with the most fans who is going to watch the tournament?

We are a joke now... we should’ve spent more and didn’t give a shit much about FFP. Signing players like Rafinha and Cancelo should’ve been our priority rather than caring about a lousy warning from UEFA.
    This is one of the most common things I heard the milanistas say at the time of their potential banning but I don't buy it, at all.

Do you honestly think that UEFA has taken a substantial or even noteworthy loss from teams like Milan or us not playing in the CL let alone the EL recently? Truth be told I think in the most modern landscape of the footballing economy and market, we are largely irrelevant as are Milan. I don't think UEFA are sitting there going "great! Inter are back in CL! that'll lead to an x% increase in revenue!" Sponsors aren't going to be sitting there saying "hmm, if Inter were in the CL, then I would pay €20m for advertising but they aren't so no thank you." Sponsors care more about the fact that the Real Madrid's, Barcelona's and the EPL teams are present and the far greater sum of global fans that these teams bring. Everything else is secondary. And replace "Inter" with "Milan" and "CL" with "EL" in that sentence and it's even more bleak but even more true.

Don't get me wrong, no doubt UEFA, or any neutral fans, would rather see Milan and Inter in the CL in place of teams like Viktoria Plizen or Young Boys were it possible. But to think that UEFA are even remotely worried about losing Milan from the EL? Worried over the marginal difference in revenue and viewership? Enough to change or influence their judgment of FFP penalties? Sounds like complete bullshit to me.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vietnam

^have you any other explanations of why they buy Paqueta? I am sure Leonardo doesn't decide by himself, but discussed with their owner Elliott. They must be somehow confident that there would be no heavy punishment at all coming from UEFA to spend that 40m.

Whatever Milan will use to convince UEFA (ownership changing for example), why couldn't Sunning do the same to us to? Like @Ronaldo said, it is still butthurt like hell that we lost Rafinha & Cancelo due to that stupid rule and Milan just keep spending without any harm.

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

I don't even know who the fuck Paqueta is or how they can afford him.

As Il Drago and browha said, their punishment (if any) will come further down the line. I've also heard something (unverified, or maybe I'm confusing it with something else) about a grace period after a change in ownership.

From what I can recall and gather, UEFA were banning Milan somewhat because they were sick of Li Yonghong's bullshit and were uneasy about his ability to pay back or refinance his loan to Elliot, not to mention his obvious bullshit lack of credibility. I think that's fair as shit. Might not be uncommon, but pieces of shit like Li who hide behind shady shell corporation after shell corporation in tax havens like the British Virgin Islands and Luxemburg, don't belong in the world stage of football. I mean, I don't think anyone has ever presented real concrete evidence that even half of the things he claimed (about his history and finances) were true. That alone is enough to ban them IMO.

Either way, after Elliott took over, they appealed to CAS (which was lead by some fucking Australian, thanks cunt) who reviewed Elliott's appeal (presumably filled with guarantees and well-presented evidence) of financial security and transparency and stability etc. And apparently it was enough for the Court to instruct UEFA to reverse their ban.

The whole thing is fucking distasteful and just wrong IMO. And yes, I'm on the same page as everyone here. If there is such thing as justice in the world of football, when and if Milan return to UEFA, I hope their all their ownership and financial fuckery since the last years of Berlusconi and Galliani absolutely buries them. I hope they're stuck in a fucking rapish settlement agreement which cripples them for years. Which limits them to incredibly tight restrictions on expenditure vs capital gains plusvalenza and turns them into midtable trash like we had to suffer through for years.

But, I am a follower of Inter and Serie A. I am accustomed to the opposite of justice. I can't get my hopes up for those things and honestly they're impossible to predict for now because we need to simply wait and see how Gattuso performs, how much Elliott spend in the transfer market, how well Milan do with regards to increasing sponsorship and revenue etc.

That's part of the reason I was so fucking annoyed at juve. Those fucking cunts went and GIFTED Milan a great young talent in Caldara, at the same time taking Bonucci's disgustingly massive wages off their books. juve GIFTED them a top class striker like Higuain for a very reasonable price because they themselves wanted his wages gone after signing CR7. Typical disgusting juve always fucking up everything. If juve hadn't decided to be a charity for Milan, they would've been stuck with a 31yr old Bonucci - a widely hated captain coming off a shit season, eating up an enormous €9m wage per season. They would've had to scrape some loan + option deal together for a modest striker, or they would have had to rely on Kalinic and Andre Silva who were both enormous flops. But like I said, because of fucking juve, they were able to avoid both these issues entirely and now they (completely undeservedly) have a top forward and a top defensive prospect for practically nothing. Those spastic cunts should get on their knees and fucking thank those other spastic cunts. God I fucking hate them both.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kazakhstan

Completely agree with Uni. UEFA couldn't care less about all the Italian teams except Juventus.

Just a remark after your lengthy post. UEFA banned them for their wrongdoings before FY 2017-18,namely the two-three years before as they had negative balance in those years. Their annual report wasn't even published at that time as the financial year ended only in June. Anything connected with massive expenditure in the summer of 2017 could only be reviewed after the end of the financial year. UEFA has EXTREME inertia with reviewing the clubs' finances. Why they still haven't issued any statement after CAS upheld their initial decision is beyond me.

I think Suning likes "playing by the rules". The settlement agreement was already in place and there wasn't anything possible to do to renegotiate it. They still made every single thing possible for us to have a somewhat competitive squad. They acquired multiple sponsors and even signed the (pretty bullshit) "training ground naming sponsorship". I guess nobody sane enough thinks that renaming Appiano Gentile adds to Suning media exposure or that it justifies 25million EUR of their expenses.

Milan actually will be in even better position than us during times of SA. They are hoping to sign voluntary one, as Scaroni mentioned recently. It means that they will have a larger leeway with the incomes-expenses balance than us in 2014-19. The problem with us was a worse financial situation than Milan and also the fact that this happened in the preliminary stages of the FFP implementation. I fully believe that SA terms would be much more forgiving than those we are currently under.

Anyways, starting from next summer we are fully off the burden so I hope that FFP won't be a hot topic on this forum in the near future.

Vietnam

The reaction on Milan forum is hilarious Everywhere some posts like this:

With Paqueta, Rabiot and SMS it would be perfect Mercato!
    Yeah it sounds perfect by the names which never come

14. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Matt90

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    The reaction on Milan forum is hilarious Everywhere some posts like this:

Yeah it sounds perfect by the names which never come
    With the way they keep spending and get away with it I wouldn’t be surprised.

Fav. Player

Italy

Very strange and risky move by Milan anyway to get another player that price and they're in red of 126 million € right now and still have to find a deal with UEFA for settlement Agreement….
    "Think quick,run faster and play faster" Helenio Herrera

17. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Universe, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

Delicate is right if I remember correctly - the UEFA ban was for financial irregularities in the 2014-17 seasons, the last few years under Berlusconi and Galliani, "for the breach of the Uefa Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations, in particular the break-even requirement."

Milan were actually denied a settlement agreement by UEFA. Leading up to their Europa League ban: "After careful examination of all the documentation and explanations provided by the club, the CFCB Investigatory Chamber considers that the circumstances of the case do not allow the conclusion of a settlement agreement. In particular, the CFCB Investigatory Chamber is of the opinion that, among other factors, there remains uncertainties in relation to the refinancing of the loan and the notes to be paid back in October 2018."

It'll be interesting to see how they go from here. Personally I hope they qualify for the EL again, then get banned again, this time conclusively.

That said, perhaps it's the cynic in me and the years of being an Interista in the fetid shithole of corruption otherwise known as "Italy" but I'm not getting my hopes up for a fair punishment for Milan. I completely agree with your view that their path navigating through UEFA, a (new) settlement agreement, FFP agreement etc, will all be far easier than what we had to go through.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Technically since Milan are under new ownership, they can ask UEFA for a Settlement agreement and not get banned from Europe. I believe thats what the current management is counting upon. Since the SA is likely to be at least 3 years long, last year's financial results will not matter for FFP by the time the SA is over. However, due to the recent results any SA that UEFA will agree to is likely to be very stringent, at least as bad as the one Inter are going through.

Which is why it makes perfect sense for Milan to spend big before the SA comes into force. Thats my guess, so don't be at all surprised if they spend big on 1 or 2 players this winter.

20. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya