Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627

Thread: NicolÚ Barella

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by DIN011 View Post
    That’s actually his best position, don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
    Kovacic has a lot more physicality than Pirlo, he holds the ball extremely well under pressure too, maybe even better than Pirlo was. But at the same time, he lacks the vision and the passing range that made Pirlo a legend, playing him as regista would result in some eye-catching moves in the midfield but slow down our transition significantly in attack.

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by qb4ever_2k View Post
    Kovacic has a lot more physicality than Pirlo, he holds the ball extremely well under pressure too, maybe even better than Pirlo was. But at the same time, he lacks the vision and the passing range that made Pirlo a legend, playing him as regista would result in some eye-catching moves in the midfield but slow down our transition significantly in attack.
    Well you obviously can’t compare him to Pirlo, Pirlo is one of the greatest players ever.

Kovacic was at his best when he actually played as a regista for us, he had some great games. His vision is actually pretty good, but he doesn’t really excel in a more advanced role.

I do think Kova is a better regista than let’s say Brozo, who imo is best as a box to box.
    I'm streets ahead.

3. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Hm, Kova behind Brozo and Barella is above average, certainly miles better than any permutation we can compile with our current players. I wouldn't mind him on loan with option. That said Kova doesn't excite me all that much anymore.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

5. Thanks (1): SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Kovacicv has vision and the tools to be creative as he showed under mazzarri. Since then he's never really played in a position where such skills are asked needed by him. If we're playing with 2 forwards and 2 wide attackers, anything he provides in terms of creativity is gravy. His stamina, ball recovery/retention/possession and pace are what will be needed of him - same with barella. Also, I find were severely underrating brozovic attacking skills since has mostly been playing deep the last 2 seasons and often times as a sweeper cuz we're shit.

7. Thanks (1): firmino

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    At this point I much rather we overpay for a quality midfielder than get a bargain deal on an average midfielder. In the longer run, that saves money.
    Problem is that we are not sure that Barella is really a high quality midfielder.50M is way too much for another Gagliardini like "gamble".

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Barella is already considered a starter player for italy, he always plays. And he generelly is playing on good levels for like 2-3 years now. Gagliardini had a good half season before coming here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SiamoNoi View Post
    Problem is that we are not sure that Barella is really a high quality midfielder.50M is way too much for another Gagliardini like "gamble".

Its anyway true that we need 2 midfielder and not only Barella. And i also understand that people would like something better. But there is not much options at the moment...
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut