Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Federico Chiesa

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    In a Conte formation, Cheisa could also play as the RWB. I have a feeling that Conte would prefer Cheisa to Ziyech due to this versatility.
    Don't you think he's not good enough defensively for this role?

My point is that that if we play with 3 at the back, the only way to accomodate Chiesa that would make sense in my opinion is to play 343.

2. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, firmino, Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    At Juventus, Fabio Paratici led the scouting and set Juventus transfer targets, along with the coach. Then Marotta handled the negotiations and decided on the players they would get based on his evaluation of each player and the estimasted cost. I am expecting something similar at Inter.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    He cannot play there. That's Candreva's spot anyway

About this transfer, I wouldn't have high hopes. The only player from Fiorentina that we could have bought was Luca Toni back in 2006 but even then they pulled the plug. We got Vecino for a high price and Valero when they could cash in on him before his retirement.

Della Vale is not a Viola fan, he's an Italian businessman with priorities. And those priorities are 1) political ambition and/or control or influence and 2) money.

Della Vale is there because he's stuck. He doesn't care about Fiorentina. He wants to be on the good side of Italian society influencers. Agnelli is one of them. Cairo is another.

Della Vale is involved in both Ferrari and Corriere della Sera (including Gazzetta dello Sport). That means that he shares interest with Agnelli and also Cairo. De Laurentis is another but at least he's there with a grudge and wants to succeed.

Most Italian team owners aren't really fans. They are there for the perks. And the major perk is to be more than friends with the Agnelli family that controls Italian economy, politics and sports.

So I don't think Fiorentina will sell us a player that Juventus wants or would benefit us as long as Della Vale is there. Unless we are being ripped off. And 70m for Chiesa is very close to the definition of being ripped off. So I'm not very happy with this arrangement unless we manage to reduce the cost by giving them players that we have no use for such as Gagliardini, Karamoh and Joao Mario.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMafia View Post
    Don't you think he's not good enough defensively for this role?

My point is that that if we play with 3 at the back, the only way to accomodate Chiesa that would make sense in my opinion is to play 343.
    He has played in the wide midfield position before, a role very similar to RWB. Chiesa has the intensity and tenacity to play this role well, as he has shown. In fact he looks better defensively than Cancelo. Though personally I would prefer if Inter play Chiesa upfront to focus on further developing his end product.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post

About this transfer, I wouldn't have high hopes. The only player from Fiorentina that we could have bought was Luca Toni back in 2006 but even then they pulled the plug. We got Vecino for a high price and Valero when they could cash in on him before his retirement.

Della Vale is not a Viola fan, he's an Italian businessman with priorities. And those priorities are 1) political ambition and/or control or influence and 2) money.

Della Vale is there because he's stuck. He doesn't care about Fiorentina. He wants to be on the good side of Italian society influencers. Agnelli is one of them. Cairo is another.

Della Vale is involved in both Ferrari and Corriere della Sera (including Gazzetta dello Sport). That means that he shares interest with Agnelli and also Cairo. De Laurentis is another but at least he's there with a grudge and wants to succeed.

Most Italian team owners aren't really fans. They are there for the perks. And the major perk is to be more than friends with the Agnelli family that controls Italian economy, politics and sports.

So I don't think Fiorentina will sell us a player that Juventus wants or would benefit us as long as Della Vale is there. Unless we are being ripped off. And 70m for Chiesa is very close to the definition of being ripped off. So I'm not very happy with this arrangement unless we manage to reduce the cost by giving them players that we have no use for such as Gagliardini, Karamoh and Joao Mario.
    Yeah, if we could include Karamoh and Gagliardini to reduce the cash party by 35-40m€, I guess it could be worth it (assuming request is 70m€). 70m€ in cash is obviously a outrageous ripoff.

8. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

done deal?! hahaha

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

done deal?! hahaha
    That is for Enrico Chiesa.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

done deal?! hahaha
    I like these. Doesnt it usually become real?
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I like these. Doesnt it usually become real?
    There were a few Vidal and Modric ones.
    “A good performance, I don’t know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

14. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF

Delle Valle is no longer incharge of that club in Florence buddy.
    Spoiler: text 

16. Thanks (1): Irequis

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Having a Juventino there in charge won't probably get our odds any better to get him.

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

We have a bunch of RuBentinos in charge so they will understand each other on a RuBentino to RuBentino level.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

19. Thanks (2): MVD, _OC_

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

Fuck I hope we don’t sign this kid. All hype nothing really special about him. He’s a star player for a mid table team we’ve seen this story before. Not worth any investment over 25 mil

21. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Netherlands

He's 21 years old. Calling him Miccoli is a bit premature

23. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Bluenine, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Tuttoshit reported we are ready to offer him a crazy 7,5mil in wages while Rube don't wanna go over 3,5mil im wages
    Ammm... Lol

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF

Another obstacle in Inter getting Chiesa

You should consider being a history teacher, if not already. Facts are true, but I believe Gagliardini will be useful if trained right. Rumour has it we will have a better coach very soon.

Rumour also has it Della Valle are selling Fiorentina, only avoided relegation by little this season and the fans turned against them for not investing. This totally changes the situation, hope you agree. Given this opportunity, I would also consider taking back https://www.transfermarkt.com/cristi...spieler/124555 to compete with Asamoah!

According to the Corriere dello Sport, New York Cosmos owner Rocco Commisso – previously in talks to purchase Milan – is considering a Fiorentina takeover. The Italian-American investor who had been in talks to purchase Milan before Yonghong Li took over. A fund based in Qatar is also said to be considering a proposal, but this may well be the same one that has been linked with Roma. It’s reported Commisso had targeted Fiorentina in 2018 with an offer worth €175m, but that the Della Valle brothers wanted closer to €300m.

Whooooooops... sorry, this is actually bad news for us:

Rocco Commisso is reported to be the new Fiorentina owner in a $150m deal, a man who calls himself “the fulfilment of the American dream” and a Juventus fan.

According to the New York Times, the takeover from Andrea and Diego Della Valle has been agreed and could be announced as early as Monday.

He is a member of the Forbes 400 and made his fortune in cable, now transforming the same Mediacom company into a popular broadband provider. He is a member of the Forbes 400 and made his fortune in cable, now transforming the same Mediacom company into a popular broadband provider. He arrived in America unable to speak a word of English aged 12, having grown up in the Calabria region as the son of a carpenter.

“About 17 years ago, I was asked to buy Sampdoria, the Serie A team from Genoa. After that, I was invited to be invest with De Benedetto and Pallotta to buy Roma.

“There have been calls to me from Pescara, Palermo, Catania, Reggina. Do you know why I turned them down? Because I am a loyal fan of Juventus since my youth playing soccer in the sandy beaches of Calabria.

“I have met the Agnelli, the Juventus owners, but frankly, they don’t need my money. My proposal to Juventus was not to buy the team. I wanted to do something similar to when Gadhafi from Libya bought a piece of Juventus 20-30 years ago.

I truly would love, before I go bye-bye for good, to be able to say that I am the largest minority owner of Juventus: not to run it, because I think the Agnelli are phenomenal people and they’ve done a great job in leading Juventus to one of the top clubs in the world."

Commisso also outlined his vision last summer when speaking to Sky Sport Italia.

“I would hope that given my actions and my love of Italy, as I was born in Italy, I can bring to the table the American expertise that I have. I started with nothing, built a huge company and would like to give back some of what I learned in my 68 years.”
    Given that juBentus is publicly listed and they do a lot of speculations on the stock market, I would not be surprised that he already owns some shares. Sure this would be conflictual in buying another club, but they can dribble this by assigning it to a different entity, in fact controlled by the same person.

“Fiorentina announce that tomorrow morning [Monday], they will arrange an urgent meeting between board members,” read a club statement. One of Commisso’s right-hand men were also alleged to have been present at the Artemio Franchi.

Anyway, back to Chiesa: Serie A Young Player 2018-19:

Federico Chiesa is only 21 years old, but already hit 100 Serie A games for Fiorentina and was decisive in avoiding relegation, claims Jay Cassano.

When it comes to young players, the 2017-18 season may ultimately be remembered for the Serie A debuts of future Italian stars Nicolò Zaniolo and Moise Kean. But when it comes to the most complete youngster, the campaign belongs to Fiorentina forward Federico Chiesa.

Chiesa has been lauded for the past couple of years as an emerging talent and a prospect, but this season is when he showed that he can make good on the promise and the hype. In the 2018-19 season, Chiesa’s talents exploded beyond the blistering pace he’s already known for. He combined guile and craft worthy of his surname with a much-needed dose of cynicism and pragmatism to get the job done.

Witness his brace against Torino, in which he scored both a scrappy rebound and an ingenious outside-of-the-boot strike that caught veteran goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu off-guard.

From his favored right-wing position, Chiesa has all the ingredients of the modern wide man. He’s not afraid of taking on players one-on-one, he can burn you down the flank, and he can pick out the right pass on a devastating counter-attack.

But Chiesa’s contributions and maturity extend beyond his impressive stat sheet, which shows he scored 12 goals and provided nine assists across all competitions, including a memorable hat-trick to send Roma tumbling out of the Coppa Italia. Without his contributions, Fiorentina would almost certainly find themselves relegated this year.

More importantly, Chiesa has adapted to everything that’s been thrown at him. He’s done what’s asked by two very different Coaches in Stefano Pioli and Vincenzo Montella. He’s been deployed on the left wing, the right wing, as a second striker, and even as a wide midfielder. And he’s worn the captain’s armband — a very heavy piece of fabric that bears Davide Astori’s number and initials. Most of all, he’s done it with humility and poise.

If he weren’t playing for a mismanaged Fiorentina side that utterly imploded during the final third of the season, it’s likely he’d have even more to show for this year. But that won’t deter his suitors, which include Juventus and Napoli as well as the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United. Chiesa is already a fan favorite at the Artemio Franchi, but it will be particularly hard to keep him in Florence now that clubs with money to spend have seen what he’s capable of.

It’s clear that Chiesa truly loves Fiorentina — maybe even as much as they love him — but he’s also desperate to play in European competition, where he can really test how far he can go. Chiesa was right to stay in Florence to develop and grow without the pressure of a huge transfer fee. Now he’s proved that he’s ready for the next challenge.
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

26. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, phonk, thatdude

Italy

Fiorentina: Chiesa is staying!
    By Football Italia staff

Fiorentina have released a statement affirming that winger Federico Chiesa will remain at the club next season.

Chiesa had been in the middle of a alleged transfer tug-of-war between Inter and Juventus, but Fiorentina insist the 21-year-old will be a ‘symbol’ of the new-look Viola.

“We have read continuous news about Chiesa’s future and where he will play next season,” the statement read.

The current owners would like to point out that Federico is a Fiorentina player, linked to the club by a long contract, and therefore, as far as we are concerned, Chiesa will play in Florence next season.

“He must be a symbolic player for the team we will build.”

The Italy international scored 12 goals and provided nine assists in 41 appearances last season.
    Also read: "... if he leaves, it will be the new owner's fault (take it up with him)".

To be safe, the Della Valle seem ready to kick that ball to Commisso.

Straight from today's Photoshoppazzetta dello Sport:

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I would have been surprised if Fiorentina said anything different. They are negotiating a sale of the club, and potentially have a bidding war for their star player from the two richest clubs in Italy. The bigger the bid for Chiesa, the higher the value of Fiorentina.

This transfer will drag on all summer due to all this. But considering how clued on Chiesa Sr and Jr are, I would be very surprised if Chiesa is still at Florence at the start of next season.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Seems like Juve really wants him. I'd hate to get into a price war, but losing him to Juve is also something that would really piss me off.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Seems like Juve really wants him. I'd hate to get into a price war, but losing him to Juve is also something that would really piss me off.
    I d gladly lose him to jube especially if it s in a price war and they pay over 70 mio. I still don t get whats that special about this little cunt except for his diving.
    Yes he scored a couple of beauties and yes his technique is quite good but anything over 35 to 40 mio is just insane to spend on him. Like he s far from beeing a sure bet ( i know there is no such thing) and i m not willing to take such a huge gamble on this guy.

On top of that there is no doubt in my mind that the fact that he is Italian adds at least 10 mio to the price plus who he s father is adds probably another 10-15mio on his price.
    Don t believe me go and take a look what berardi did at 20/21 in serie a his stats are way fucken better and he also was more consistent and look at where he is now.

Just if your to lazy to research berarrdi in his first two serie a seasons: 31 goal and 17 assists
    Chiesa in all of his 3 serie a seasons that he played thus far (3 seasons): 15 goals and 17 assists. If you just wanna compare their first two serie a seasons chiesa had 9 goals and 12 assists.
    And hey both were roughly the same age in these seasons as in 19 to 21.Berrardi played 61 games in his first two seasons and chiesa 64.

Imho it s pure fucking insanity to even consider spending above 50 mio on chiesa and sadly thats what it s gonna take.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte