Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3845464748

Thread: English Premier League 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    I dunno, 6-0 down to City with David Luiz and Rudiger as your starting CBs doesn't seem too surreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    maybe the players are actually betraying sarri. if that's the case, it didn't take long for the uprising, only half a season. guess they are following in man. united's footsteps?
    Or maybe manager is clueless in setting up the team. It's not always the players.

3. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    3 times in a row they've just given up on the manager, sounds all too familiar
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    3 times in a row they've just given up on the manager, sounds all too familiar
    It's not as simple though.

Conte won the league by changing to 3 at the back, Costa scored so many important goals, Matic was very good pair for Kante who was all over the pitch winning the ball whereas Matic was the one holding the mid. They also had Alonso who was playing as wingback and was very good in attacking, Azpi was very good as 3rd CB. After the season, Conte texted Costa that he is not wanted and then sold Matic as he wanted to replace him with Bakayoko. Replacements for both the players were just crap. They didn't have goal scorer to bail them out and Conte switched to 3-5-2 and in few games played Hazard as striker and lumping the ball forward for him to hold.

Now under Sarri, Alonso's lack of defensive game is exposed every game as he is playing as LB instead of LWB, Azpi's lack of attacking game is also exposed. Somehow Conte found perfect position for both. Then Sarri played Kante as advanced midfielder, where he will have to do more with possession which is also his weakest area in the game. Hazard bailed them out at the start of the season but he is not a false 9 or striker. He doesn't have that killer mentality and hunger for goals. They lacked striker who can score goals, lacked midfielder who can add goals from midfield or the other winger who isn't a goal threat.

I wouldn't blame Sarri as he needs time, also won't blame players as Sarri is using them wrong and management change coaches from defensive to counter attacking to possession football.

Jorginho might prove me wrong but he looks so average. Playing him means Kante should play higher up the pitch which is again not ideal condition. Sarri is just too rigid to change if things are not working. Maybe that's what made him so good at Napoli but at this moment, he is playing Chelsea's second best player in the position he is not comfortable at.

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Meh Sarri is one of those artists Mou likes to talk about, he needs his players to play his game.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Chelsea players have done this to 3 managers in a row. So I'm not surprised by this.

Won the league with Jose then went to shit. Won the league with Conte then went to shit. Sarri doesn't even get a 1/2 season of good performances and they're already to shit.

The weak mentality of a lot of teams (including Inter) these days is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

10. Thanks (1): phonk

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1094951767605948421

Young signed 1 year extension. Deserved for him, plays decent football and covers both fullback position. We should either sign starting RB or play Dalot more and use Young as back up.

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    It's not as simple though.

Conte won the league by changing to 3 at the back, Costa scored so many important goals, Matic was very good pair for Kante who was all over the pitch winning the ball whereas Matic was the one holding the mid. They also had Alonso who was playing as wingback and was very good in attacking, Azpi was very good as 3rd CB. After the season, Conte texted Costa that he is not wanted and then sold Matic as he wanted to replace him with Bakayoko. Replacements for both the players were just crap. They didn't have goal scorer to bail them out and Conte switched to 3-5-2 and in few games played Hazard as striker and lumping the ball forward for him to hold.

Now under Sarri, Alonso's lack of defensive game is exposed every game as he is playing as LB instead of LWB, Azpi's lack of attacking game is also exposed. Somehow Conte found perfect position for both. Then Sarri played Kante as advanced midfielder, where he will have to do more with possession which is also his weakest area in the game. Hazard bailed them out at the start of the season but he is not a false 9 or striker. He doesn't have that killer mentality and hunger for goals. They lacked striker who can score goals, lacked midfielder who can add goals from midfield or the other winger who isn't a goal threat.

I wouldn't blame Sarri as he needs time, also won't blame players as Sarri is using them wrong and management change coaches from defensive to counter attacking to possession football.

Jorginho might prove me wrong but he looks so average. Playing him means Kante should play higher up the pitch which is again not ideal condition. Sarri is just too rigid to change if things are not working. Maybe that's what made him so good at Napoli but at this moment, he is playing Chelsea's second best player in the position he is not comfortable at.
    The problem is coaches need back up plans when things aren't going their way. A lot of managers are so stubborn to their own detriment. If u are trying to get this team playing in a certain kind of way it will take time and it's a long term view. When ur team is down 2-0 in the opening 10-20 mins u need a back up plan, especially as this was not the first time his team has performed bad or just look like they are "not playing his football" like he puts it.

I know the individual mistakes dont help and City were lucky to score 4 out of their 4 shots on target but he doesn't change anything. Even when Napoli were beginning him to rotate to rest players to help their Serie A run he still didnt change.
    Last edited by K.I.; 11 Feb 19 at 15:47.

United States

One correction to Monster’s post. Conte did not want to sell Matic. He was forced to sell Matic. He did however what Bakayoko

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    The problem is coaches need back up plans when things aren't going their way. A lot of managers are so stubborn to their own detriment. If u are trying to get this team playing in a certain kind of way it will take time and it's a long term view. When ur team is down 2-0 in the opening 10-20 mins u need a back up plan, especially as this was not the first time his team has performed bad or just look like they are "not playing his football" like he puts it.

I know the individual mistakes dont help and City were lucky to score 4 out of their 4 shots on target but he doesn't change anything. Even when Napoli were beginning him to rotate to rest players to help their Serie A run he still didnt change.
    Yeah, even Pep has adapted and changed his way, same with Klopp. You can't always stick to same playing style when things are not going well. Even Wenger in his last few years started to play counter attacking game, setting up defensively vs big teams away. Sarri changed nothing and let the game flow as it is.

It's good to have set style of play but it's also good to know your strengths and opponents strengths, set up team accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    One correction to Monster’s post. Conte did not want to sell Matic. He was forced to sell Matic. He did however what Bakayoko
    Conte wanted Bakayoko to be understudy for Matic and replace him slowly that season, that's what I remember reading at that time.

16. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, K.I., MVD, Wings

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Sarri's stubborbess is only matched by his love for smoking. the guy won't change one bit, he will go on with his game plan and it's unlikely he changes anything
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

20. Thanks (1): MVD