Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 2018/2019

Old name
    Jrg

Monaco

17 Forum Supporter
    I think Chelsea did great after Abrahmovic showed up with money. It paid them a number of domestic titles.

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Zaire

De Gea

- - - Updated - - -

1-1 Damn this is quite an entertaining game.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by J.. View Post
    I think Chelsea did great after Abrahmovic showed up with money. It paid them a number of domestic titles.
    Doesn't guarantee a title. Sure, it helped, but Mourinho was a boss back in the days too. For other examples, look how Leicester won without spending a lot of money. It's not always just about money. City is managed by Pep and they play good football.

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment, Wolves playing 1:1 against Chelsea, Liverpool losing to Burnley, Arsenal duking it out with United
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Zaire

Lmao wtf

2 goals in less than 60 seconds, and both are the weirdest goals you'll see all week.
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Lmao wtf

2 goals in less than 60 seconds, and both are the weirdest goals you'll see all week.
    Best league in the world at making you laugh.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

And still, people want to watch EPL, but they mostly don't care about Serie A :o
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    And still, people want to watch EPL, but they mostly don't care about Serie A :o
    Yes, more people care about Justin Bieber than anything else in the music industry. I'm pretty sure quality and popularity are correlated. Right? Right? Right?

11. Thanks (4): Balor, Javier'sSon, MVD, Wobblz

Netherlands

Does anyone outside of the UK and maybe America actually think the EPL is the best league in the world?

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Does anyone outside of the UK and maybe America actually think the EPL is the best league in the world?
    I imagine a lot of their Asian fan bases think so
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

15. Thanks (3): Balor, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

People in Bulgaria sure think EPL is the best league, hands down. So I assume it's pretty much like that in the rest of Europe, at least in countries that have shit leagues themselves.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

17. Thanks (3): Il Drago, MVD, phonk

Kazakhstan

CIS (ex-USSR)people think so too. EPL is huge here. Especially commentators, the only thing they dont do is jerking off publicly watching EPL games. Anything else is already done by them. Same in social networks, the amount of followers of dedicated EPL and EPL clubs communities on Russian Facebook(Vkontakte) is 10x times more than those of Serie A clubs. Though historically (at least what I notice) Russian-speaking community (aged 25+) really likes and follows Milan, much more than us or Jube.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

Vatican

PL is a marketing beast. And people fall for marketing shit all the time.

Selling point #1. It's in English and Hollywood has already infiltrated every part of the world so people have a basic understanding of the language in most countries.

Selling point #2. TV rights. They were super cheap and made great deals around the world just in time when watching a foreign league was a must. They have managed to put themselves in every Satelite provider because people at that point just wanted to watch any live football game. This process took around 10 years (late 90s to mid 2000s)

Selling point #3. Internet media outlets. Everything that went viral was in English and most of them were English based. Highly credible media outlets around Europe like L'Equipe, Gazzetta, A Bola, Kicker etc stagnated while shit English language web pages like Goal, Tribal Football and a few others started emerging where all kinds of PL propaganda and media dominance would show up. This way PL players would look like heroes while other star players are ignored. This is when the internet started arguing with "PL proven" shit, mid 2000s, late 2000s.

Selling point #4. You don't even need to pay attention to the game. The players don't even do it. It's always been random. It's like an action flick, whereas everything else at the top level was more substantial and required more thought. More people watch football as a hobby than as genuine sports fans, so they are looking for some passtime. This is how the NBA also extrapolated its viewership. More dunking, less real basketball. Everything seemed to casual and random for years, still does. The PL lacks a distinct character. You can find one in most leagues that have some quality (Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Holland, Portugal etc), but not so much in the 2010s PL. The 90s version still had the English game style. So it's more attractive to the casual fan. Most hardcore football fans dislike that league for that and various other (commercial mostly) reasons. They are the minority, including myself.

Selling point #5. Social media and Fan Interaction. Social media was followed by all the previous, but PL's Fantasy League has really made a difference. Most people have a team and lots have players they don't even know how they look like, but that means they know what game is on, who scored and various otherwise useless trivia and lots of people discuss this shit every time possible. And PL fans will gloat about their success in that game and will try to proselytize random people to this game and slowly make them watch games hoping that their random player on the team will score.

They know how to sell. That's all they have. Their product is shit.

I've probably attended more PL games than the rest of the people who made a post here and claim to follow a particular PL team or the league... Also worked with several PL clubs directly or indirectly (agents, players etc) so I have a rather strong and solid opinion on the whole thing.

There's too many tourists in those games btw. And it's too bloody quiet during a game, but they have microphones all over the stadium so you can hear collective chatter which comes to your tv monitor as "good atmoshpere".

Ridiculous how they manage to sell this shit to so many people. Cunning, yet ridiculous.

20. Thanks (6): abuali, dax21, Javier'sSon, Jnr, Shark, Wobblz

Ukraine

PL is quite entertaining. A lot of attacking football out there.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

why was Laccazettes goal dissallowed? it seemed legit to me

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I love it how people spend responding to troll posts, using their free time to respond to someone that won't even read the response.

27. Thanks (2): monster09, nerazzurri4life

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    You can't buy a title. Just look at how much money United spent in the last 5 years.
    If it wasn't for City being so amazing, United would've probably won the league.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

29. Thanks (2): Balor, nerazzurri4life

Vatican

I love it how people spend responding to troll posts, using their free time to respond to someone that won't even read the response.
    Who says that the response is direct? It's a public forum, not a private message.

Who says that everyone who reads the posts acknowledges what is said seriously and what as trolling?

Some things are better said and repeated instead of being buried under "troll posts".

31. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    I've read about the arsenal players getting high with nitrous oxide (the so-called "laughing gas"). I didn't even know it was a thing.
    Last edited by firmino; 08 Dec 18 at 14:36.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

33. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I've read about the arsenal players getting high with nitrous oxide. I didn't even know it was a thing.
    It also makes you pass out, or gives you a light feeling in the head.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

35. Thanks (1): MVD