Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 384546474849505158 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1341

Thread: English Premier League 2018/2019

  1. #941
    Dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 08
    Posts
    24,344
    Thanked
    24,778 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Ireland

    13 10 years of FIF
    I dunno, 6-0 down to City with David Luiz and Rudiger as your starting CBs doesn't seem too surreal.
    david mcgoldrick


  2. #942
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    10,357
    Thanked
    9,529 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjær

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    maybe the players are actually betraying sarri. if that's the case, it didn't take long for the uprising, only half a season. guess they are following in man. united's footsteps?
    Or maybe manager is clueless in setting up the team. It's not always the players.

  3. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, MVD

  4. #943
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    10,899
    Thanked
    14,063 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter
    3 times in a row they've just given up on the manager, sounds all too familiar
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  5. Thanks (1): MVD

  6. #944
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    10,357
    Thanked
    9,529 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjær

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    3 times in a row they've just given up on the manager, sounds all too familiar
    It's not as simple though.

    Conte won the league by changing to 3 at the back, Costa scored so many important goals, Matic was very good pair for Kante who was all over the pitch winning the ball whereas Matic was the one holding the mid. They also had Alonso who was playing as wingback and was very good in attacking, Azpi was very good as 3rd CB. After the season, Conte texted Costa that he is not wanted and then sold Matic as he wanted to replace him with Bakayoko. Replacements for both the players were just crap. They didn't have goal scorer to bail them out and Conte switched to 3-5-2 and in few games played Hazard as striker and lumping the ball forward for him to hold.

    Now under Sarri, Alonso's lack of defensive game is exposed every game as he is playing as LB instead of LWB, Azpi's lack of attacking game is also exposed. Somehow Conte found perfect position for both. Then Sarri played Kante as advanced midfielder, where he will have to do more with possession which is also his weakest area in the game. Hazard bailed them out at the start of the season but he is not a false 9 or striker. He doesn't have that killer mentality and hunger for goals. They lacked striker who can score goals, lacked midfielder who can add goals from midfield or the other winger who isn't a goal threat.

    I wouldn't blame Sarri as he needs time, also won't blame players as Sarri is using them wrong and management change coaches from defensive to counter attacking to possession football.

    Jorginho might prove me wrong but he looks so average. Playing him means Kante should play higher up the pitch which is again not ideal condition. Sarri is just too rigid to change if things are not working. Maybe that's what made him so good at Napoli but at this moment, he is playing Chelsea's second best player in the position he is not comfortable at.

  7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

  8. #945
    Sassuolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,900
    Thanked
    7,568 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Meh Sarri is one of those artists Mou likes to talk about, he needs his players to play his game.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

    GRAZIE LUCIANO!

    WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

  9. #946
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Chelsea players have done this to 3 managers in a row. So I'm not surprised by this.

    Won the league with Jose then went to shit. Won the league with Conte then went to shit. Sarri doesn't even get a 1/2 season of good performances and they're already to shit.

    The weak mentality of a lot of teams (including Inter) these days is laughable.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  10. Thanks (1): phonk

  11. #947
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    10,357
    Thanked
    9,529 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjær

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1094951767605948421

    Young signed 1 year extension. Deserved for him, plays decent football and covers both fullback position. We should either sign starting RB or play Dalot more and use Young as back up.

  12. Thanks (1): MVD

  13. #948

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,509
    Thanked
    2,322 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    It's not as simple though.

    Conte won the league by changing to 3 at the back, Costa scored so many important goals, Matic was very good pair for Kante who was all over the pitch winning the ball whereas Matic was the one holding the mid. They also had Alonso who was playing as wingback and was very good in attacking, Azpi was very good as 3rd CB. After the season, Conte texted Costa that he is not wanted and then sold Matic as he wanted to replace him with Bakayoko. Replacements for both the players were just crap. They didn't have goal scorer to bail them out and Conte switched to 3-5-2 and in few games played Hazard as striker and lumping the ball forward for him to hold.

    Now under Sarri, Alonso's lack of defensive game is exposed every game as he is playing as LB instead of LWB, Azpi's lack of attacking game is also exposed. Somehow Conte found perfect position for both. Then Sarri played Kante as advanced midfielder, where he will have to do more with possession which is also his weakest area in the game. Hazard bailed them out at the start of the season but he is not a false 9 or striker. He doesn't have that killer mentality and hunger for goals. They lacked striker who can score goals, lacked midfielder who can add goals from midfield or the other winger who isn't a goal threat.

    I wouldn't blame Sarri as he needs time, also won't blame players as Sarri is using them wrong and management change coaches from defensive to counter attacking to possession football.

    Jorginho might prove me wrong but he looks so average. Playing him means Kante should play higher up the pitch which is again not ideal condition. Sarri is just too rigid to change if things are not working. Maybe that's what made him so good at Napoli but at this moment, he is playing Chelsea's second best player in the position he is not comfortable at.
    The problem is coaches need back up plans when things aren't going their way. A lot of managers are so stubborn to their own detriment. If u are trying to get this team playing in a certain kind of way it will take time and it's a long term view. When ur team is down 2-0 in the opening 10-20 mins u need a back up plan, especially as this was not the first time his team has performed bad or just look like they are "not playing his football" like he puts it.

    I know the individual mistakes dont help and City were lucky to score 4 out of their 4 shots on target but he doesn't change anything. Even when Napoli were beginning him to rotate to rest players to help their Serie A run he still didnt change.
    Last edited by K.I.; 11 Feb 19 at 14:47.

  14. #949
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    15,234
    Thanked
    22,050 times

    United States

    One correction to Monster’s post. Conte did not want to sell Matic. He was forced to sell Matic. He did however what Bakayoko


  15. #950
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    10,357
    Thanked
    9,529 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjær

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    The problem is coaches need back up plans when things aren't going their way. A lot of managers are so stubborn to their own detriment. If u are trying to get this team playing in a certain kind of way it will take time and it's a long term view. When ur team is down 2-0 in the opening 10-20 mins u need a back up plan, especially as this was not the first time his team has performed bad or just look like they are "not playing his football" like he puts it.

    I know the individual mistakes dont help and City were lucky to score 4 out of their 4 shots on target but he doesn't change anything. Even when Napoli were beginning him to rotate to rest players to help their Serie A run he still didnt change.
    Yeah, even Pep has adapted and changed his way, same with Klopp. You can't always stick to same playing style when things are not going well. Even Wenger in his last few years started to play counter attacking game, setting up defensively vs big teams away. Sarri changed nothing and let the game flow as it is.

    It's good to have set style of play but it's also good to know your strengths and opponents strengths, set up team accordingly.


    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    One correction to Monster’s post. Conte did not want to sell Matic. He was forced to sell Matic. He did however what Bakayoko
    Conte wanted Bakayoko to be understudy for Matic and replace him slowly that season, that's what I remember reading at that time.

  16. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, K.I., MVD, Wings

  17. #951
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,530
    Thanked
    18,465 times

    Italy

    70
    Sarri's stubborbess is only matched by his love for smoking. the guy won't change one bit, he will go on with his game plan and it's unlikely he changes anything
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  18. Thanks (1): MVD

  19. #952
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    9,672
    Thanked
    20,740 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru


  20. Thanks (2): forzainter257, MVD

  21. #953
    Y&h's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Dec 12
    Posts
    8,135
    Thanked
    8,249 times
    Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

    Kuwait

    30 FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Chelsea vs Man United (FA Cup) is starting in half an hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Help me Crotone, you're my only hope.

  22. Thanks (1): MVD

  23. #954
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    yep...and as usual, ManU getting outplayed and playing counter ball (no diff than under mou; minus the 'confidence' when on attack). Lots of rough tackles by them too.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  24. #955
    Besnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Mar 09
    Posts
    14,385
    Thanked
    5,365 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

    Albania

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    yep...and as usual, ManU getting outplayed and playing counter ball (no diff than under mou; minus the 'confidence' when on attack). Lots of rough tackles by them too.
    Honestly they have played nice football since Mourinho's departure except of the game against PSG. They have many rubbish players in the starting eleven, but Ole has brought so much spirit in their team.

  25. #956
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Alonso

    Looked like Asamoah
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  26. #957
    Besnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Mar 09
    Posts
    14,385
    Thanked
    5,365 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

    Albania

    10 years of FIF
    Chelsea's defence is comical

  27. Thanks (2): n4l, thatdude

  28. #958
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Chelsea's defence is comical
    Terrible.

    Interestingly though, came from a foul on kovacic not called.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  29. #959
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,530
    Thanked
    18,465 times

    Italy

    70
    i am beginning to think sarri won't last long on chelsea's bench.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  30. Thanks (1): MVD

  31. #960
    Besnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Mar 09
    Posts
    14,385
    Thanked
    5,365 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

    Albania

    10 years of FIF
    Handanovic would save that header from Pogba


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •