Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1336

Thread: English Premier League 2018/2019

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Or maybe opponents learned the way Chelsea set up and started to nullify them.

Chelsea have good players but the way they set up is very questionable. They had Morata who was average and couldn't score, they relied on Hazard for every attack.

Their midfield is Jorginho who barely creates chances, Kante who is superb defensively but average with ball and then Kovacic who isn't decisive in final third.

Their midfielders are good in isolation but when all of them play together, there isn't enough goal threat except Barkley and he is the only one who did good enough job in scoring goals (he was Attacking mid all his career).

Losing Costa was the biggest blow for them. They don't have anyone who can score goals regularly. The replacement Morata was very weak and few levels downgrade from Costa.

They lack proper goal scorer and goal threat from midfield. Sarri isn't helping either with how rigid he is.
    Every team just puts a decently hard-working midfielder on Jorginho, and it stops Chelsea completely. Is there an obvious reason why Kante can't play alongside Jorginho?

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Every team just puts a decently hard-working midfielder on Jorginho, and it stops Chelsea completely. Is there an obvious reason why Kante can't play alongside Jorginho?
    I don't know if there is any obious reason but in Sarri's system Jorginho is the deepest midfielder and usually they dominate possession, so Kante spends too much time in final third when his important attributes are winning possession and playing quick passes to creative players.

Also when opposition counters, Jorginho isn't quick or strong to stop counters.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Not even close. Sarri will have a challenge with this squad to play his Napoli style. Too many individualistic, dribbling players who actually bring the ball to a complete stop (Willian, Hazard, Pedro, Moses) v players who keep the ball moving.

I'm curious to see how he adapts his style to fit the squad. I mean, he did adapt to Napoli twice to great success; first moving Insigne wide in a 4-3-3 instead of in an AM role in his originally desired 4-3-1-2; then modifying the attacking patterns when switching from a CF to a false 9.
    i'll just re-quote this...the ball just doesn't move well enough for Sarri's style
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

6. Thanks (4): Pajo, phonk, thatdude, Wings

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

Chelsea are banned for 2 transfer windows.

https://twitter.com/liam_twomey/stat...78975932280834

8. Thanks (2): Kev9Inter, MVD

United States

Haha, there goes a potential get out of jail free card for Icardi

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

Chelsea have appealed the decision. Apparently they had just 3 days for appeal.

11. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    They signed TWENTY NINE minors? What the fuck? Is Roman Abramovic secretly Uni or something?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Browha told me he was hired in a big English club but I didn't know which club until now.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Netherlands

FIFA has given out more transfer bans for signing underage players than for FFP compliance

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    FIFA has given out more transfer bans for signing underage players than for FFP compliance
    There's a solution.

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Ecuador

is chelsea a human trafficking ring or something?

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    tottenham better play good and win this burnley game or else....maybe they're better without kane
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

19. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Harpsabu, wera

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Burnley takes the lead... they are tough to beat at home tbh

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Burnley takes the lead... they are tough to beat at home tbh
    Quality of opponent and circumstances doesn't matter. All that matters is whether they are playing better and winning with or without kane...

- - - Updated - - -

And now he scores......

nice finish; poor defense...great throw by rose

- - - Updated - - -

and great signal by poch bringing on llorente for a midfielder. Let's the players know....

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Burnley takes the lead again... terrible defending by Spurs though

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    Wow look at this paradox!
    Kane comes back, scores, and Tottenham loses!

I guess Tottenham should play without Kane more. Hmmmmm

#factsdontlie

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF

25. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Kane brings bad luck :/

Good thing they are still 9 points from 4th place.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

when chelsea announced to haVe appointed sarri as their new manager, i was utterly surprised.

it was the ultimate proof to me that nobody in the uk watches serie a, not even the CEOs of the big clubs.

sarri is indeed a good coach if you can put up with all his quirks (i know i wouldn't be able to) and the players are by his side.

but this worked at napoli where there are no primadonnas and he gave the players the chance of at least fighting for the league win, up to the 37th match-day.

but if the stars aren't aligned, working with him is a nightmare. he's stubborn as a mule, as whiny as mazzarri, doesn't listen to reason (squad rotation is a taboo) and can't adapt to playing both in the league and in cup competitions.

as a matter of fact, in his last year at napoli they basically gave up both coppa italia and champions league/europa league.

finally, he crumbled psychologically when rubentus won in san siro against us.

besides, his sarriball requires time to be mastered. and the players have already virtually sacked him lol
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Liverpool playing a little better than ManUtd so far although nothing concrete yet. Salah is frustrating to watch sometimes, think he needs to be less selfish though.

- - - Updated - - -

Sturridge comes in for Firmino who sprained ankle and can't continue anymore.

29. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude