Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Chelsea spent £71.5 million for Kepa...

Italy

there are rumours zidane could be chelsea's next coach. i don't know how reliable talksport is though:

FRENCH WISH Chelsea manager latest: Zinedine Zidane WANTS job and outlines demands to replace Maurizio Sarri

https://talksport.com/football/49598...replace-sarri/
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev9Inter View Post
    Chelsea spent £71.5 million for Kepa...
    Meanwhile transfer prices are out of this world nowadays, Kepa is a great goalkeeper and he is only 24 years old, too bad his transfer price is making him perform under pressure big time.

5. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    there are rumours zidane could be chelsea's next coach. i don't know how reliable talksport is though:

FRENCH WISH Chelsea manager latest: Zinedine Zidane WANTS job and outlines demands to replace Maurizio Sarri

https://talksport.com/football/49598...replace-sarri/
    Talksport is a trash source.

7. Thanks (1): YoramG

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    And this is how you know your fortunes have changed. Under Mou, matic would be off for sure. 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    There is a talk that says Zidane will accept a Chelsea proposal if they give him 200millions to buy players+keep Hazard
    +

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I'd accept that proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    I wouldn't tbh.
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

13. Thanks (2): Devious, thatdude

South Korea

i am beginning to think sarri won't last long on chelsea's bench.
    I don't see how he survives when he's pretty much admitted he's lost the dressing room.

15. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Handanovic would save that header from Pogba
    If he dove

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Very good performance. Solskjaer is the first manager for ManUtd to win vs Spurs away, Chelsea away and Arsenal away in same season (since 84-85 season).

Also first win at Bridge since 2012-13 season.

Few can say whatever they want, Solskjaer has done superb job. We are more aggressive and there is proper attacking plan (whether it works or not).

Big test again next week vs Liverpool.

Italy

Even when sarri was battling for the win of the league in Serie A, many supporters of other teams and many journalists as well used to say that he doesn't have what it takes to be the coach of a great team.

He endlessly complained about everything, including having to play in different hours of the day or every three days.

Now I get that Chelsea is a toxic club and the players love to get rid of a coach they don't like, but what has sarri done to make things work?

Besides, after the shameless defeat to city, he refused to shake hands with guardiola.

In Italy, the one time he was angry at Mancini, he called him "fag".

He's a yokel. As long as you coach Empoli, nobody cares. Otherwise it shows.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

19. Thanks (4): MVD, Solfice, thatdude, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Maybe players don't like his tactics or positions they are being forced to play at? For instance Kante?
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Just realized Tottenham have won 4 in a row (and 5/7) since Kane's injury. Guess they don't really need him

23. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Maybe players don't like his tactics or positions they are being forced to play at? For instance Kante?
    But if Zidane asked the very same things, would they rebel? I don't think so.

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

But if Zidane asked the very same things, would they rebel? I don't think so.
    I know what you mean. Zidane has some weight both as a former player and a coach. so probably no, but they betrayed Jose.. Chelsea is like Inter of Moratti era, players are spoiled and the owner sacks manager if things go south. Perhaps Sarri should have acted little flexible, he is so stubborn and like you said really seem to have a yokel's mentality. But I like him, he is an old school guy
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Even when sarri was battling for the win of the league in Serie A, many supporters of other teams and many journalists as well used to say that he doesn't have what it takes to be the coach of a great team.

He endlessly complained about everything, including having to play in different hours of the day or every three days.

Now I get that Chelsea is a toxic club and the players love to get rid of a coach they don't like, but what has sarri done to make things work?

Besides, after the shameless defeat to city, he refused to shake hands with guardiola.

In Italy, the one time he was angry at Mancini, he called him "fag".

He's a yokel. As long as you coach Empoli, nobody cares. Otherwise it shows.
    I still find it very weird how the players turned on him after such a success full start. I mean up untill that spurs game it looked like they were gonna give pool and City a run for their money and then they just seemingly stopped except for the game against city (the one they won not the 6:0 trashing). I mean i understand players turning on a demanding coach when results are not coming i cannot understand it when you are outperforming.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I still find it very weird how the players turned on him after such a success full start. I mean up untill that spurs game it looked like they were gonna give pool and City a run for their money and then they just seemingly stopped except for the game against city (the one they won not the 6:0 trashing). I mean i understand players turning on a demanding coach when results are not coming i cannot understand it when you are outperforming.
    Didn't Mourinho explain this in the interview with BeIn?

If I remember correctly, he said Chelsea players don't like to train with Italian style because it's physically more demanding. Funny thing is they keep taking these types of coach. Lol.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

30. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Irequis

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Or maybe opponents learned the way Chelsea set up and started to nullify them.

Chelsea have good players but the way they set up is very questionable. They had Morata who was average and couldn't score, they relied on Hazard for every attack.

Their midfield is Jorginho who barely creates chances, Kante who is superb defensively but average with ball and then Kovacic who isn't decisive in final third.

Their midfielders are good in isolation but when all of them play together, there isn't enough goal threat except Barkley and he is the only one who did good enough job in scoring goals (he was Attacking mid all his career).

Losing Costa was the biggest blow for them. They don't have anyone who can score goals regularly. The replacement Morata was very weak and few levels downgrade from Costa.

They lack proper goal scorer and goal threat from midfield. Sarri isn't helping either with how rigid he is.

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    raiden

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Or maybe opponents learned the way Chelsea set up and started to nullify them.

Chelsea have good players but the way they set up is very questionable. They had Morata who was average and couldn't score, they relied on Hazard for every attack.

Their midfield is Jorginho who barely creates chances, Kante who is superb defensively but average with ball and then Kovacic who isn't decisive in final third.

Their midfielders are good in isolation but when all of them play together, there isn't enough goal threat except Barkley and he is the only one who did good enough job in scoring goals (he was Attacking mid all his career).

Losing Costa was the biggest blow for them. They don't have anyone who can score goals regularly. The replacement Morata was very weak and few levels downgrade from Costa.

They lack proper goal scorer and goal threat from midfield. Sarri isn't helping either with how rigid he is

This is also a warning to us.We need to replace Icardi properly.And i dont see many able replacements out there right now.