Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1341

Thread: English Premier League 2018/2019

  1. #961

    Join Date
    30 Jul 13
    Posts
    583
    Thanked
    906 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Europe

    Chelsea spent £71.5 million for Kepa...

  2. #962
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,530
    Thanked
    18,465 times

    Italy

    70
    there are rumours zidane could be chelsea's next coach. i don't know how reliable talksport is though:

    FRENCH WISH Chelsea manager latest: Zinedine Zidane WANTS job and outlines demands to replace Maurizio Sarri

    https://talksport.com/football/49598...replace-sarri/
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  3. Thanks (1): MVD

  4. #963
    Besnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Mar 09
    Posts
    14,385
    Thanked
    5,365 times
    Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio

    Albania

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev9Inter View Post
    Chelsea spent £71.5 million for Kepa...
    Meanwhile transfer prices are out of this world nowadays, Kepa is a great goalkeeper and he is only 24 years old, too bad his transfer price is making him perform under pressure big time.

  5. Thanks (1): thatdude

  6. #964

    Join Date
    30 Jul 13
    Posts
    583
    Thanked
    906 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Europe

    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    there are rumours zidane could be chelsea's next coach. i don't know how reliable talksport is though:

    FRENCH WISH Chelsea manager latest: Zinedine Zidane WANTS job and outlines demands to replace Maurizio Sarri

    https://talksport.com/football/49598...replace-sarri/
    Talksport is a trash source.

  7. Thanks (1): YoramG

  8. #965
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    And this is how you know your fortunes have changed. Under Mou, matic would be off for sure. 100%.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  9. #966
    Alex de Large's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Mar 05
    Posts
    13,577
    Thanked
    2,359 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon

    Spain

    10 years of FIF
    There is a talk that says Zidane will accept a Chelsea proposal if they give him 200millions to buy players+keep Hazard
    +

  10. #967
    Somebody stop me! Devious's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Sep 06
    Posts
    15,276
    Thanked
    33,974 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Egypt

    10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I'd accept that proposal.

    Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children


  11. Thanks (1): MVD

  12. #968
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    I wouldn't tbh.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  13. Thanks (2): Devious, thatdude

  14. #969
    Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Aug 13
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanked
    6,163 times

    South Korea

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    i am beginning to think sarri won't last long on chelsea's bench.
    I don't see how he survives when he's pretty much admitted he's lost the dressing room.

  15. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  16. #970
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    15,234
    Thanked
    22,050 times

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Handanovic would save that header from Pogba
    If he dove


  17. #971
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    10,357
    Thanked
    9,529 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Very good performance. Solskjaer is the first manager for ManUtd to win vs Spurs away, Chelsea away and Arsenal away in same season (since 84-85 season).

    Also first win at Bridge since 2012-13 season.

    Few can say whatever they want, Solskjaer has done superb job. We are more aggressive and there is proper attacking plan (whether it works or not).

    Big test again next week vs Liverpool.


  18. #972
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,530
    Thanked
    18,465 times

    Italy

    70
    Even when sarri was battling for the win of the league in Serie A, many supporters of other teams and many journalists as well used to say that he doesn't have what it takes to be the coach of a great team.

    He endlessly complained about everything, including having to play in different hours of the day or every three days.

    Now I get that Chelsea is a toxic club and the players love to get rid of a coach they don't like, but what has sarri done to make things work?

    Besides, after the shameless defeat to city, he refused to shake hands with guardiola.

    In Italy, the one time he was angry at Mancini, he called him "fag".

    He's a yokel. As long as you coach Empoli, nobody cares. Otherwise it shows.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  19. Thanks (4): MVD, Solfice, thatdude, _OC_

  20. #973
    forzainter257's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Mar 18
    Posts
    1,927
    Thanked
    2,913 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Kazakhstan

    Maybe players don't like his tactics or positions they are being forced to play at? For instance Kante?
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

  21. Thanks (1): MVD

  22. #974
    n4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    8,313
    Thanked
    12,514 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45 10 years of FIF
    Just realized Tottenham have won 4 in a row (and 5/7) since Kane's injury. Guess they don't really need him
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

  23. Thanks (1): forzainter257

  24. #975
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    11,530
    Thanked
    18,465 times

    Italy

    70
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    Maybe players don't like his tactics or positions they are being forced to play at? For instance Kante?
    But if Zidane asked the very same things, would they rebel? I don't think so.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  25. Thanks (1): MVD

  26. #976
    forzainter257's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Mar 18
    Posts
    1,927
    Thanked
    2,913 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro

    Kazakhstan

    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    But if Zidane asked the very same things, would they rebel? I don't think so.
    I know what you mean. Zidane has some weight both as a former player and a coach. so probably no, but they betrayed Jose.. Chelsea is like Inter of Moratti era, players are spoiled and the owner sacks manager if things go south. Perhaps Sarri should have acted little flexible, he is so stubborn and like you said really seem to have a yokel's mentality. But I like him, he is an old school guy
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

  27. Thanks (1): MVD

  28. #977
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    6,335
    Thanked
    4,395 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Even when sarri was battling for the win of the league in Serie A, many supporters of other teams and many journalists as well used to say that he doesn't have what it takes to be the coach of a great team.

    He endlessly complained about everything, including having to play in different hours of the day or every three days.

    Now I get that Chelsea is a toxic club and the players love to get rid of a coach they don't like, but what has sarri done to make things work?

    Besides, after the shameless defeat to city, he refused to shake hands with guardiola.

    In Italy, the one time he was angry at Mancini, he called him "fag".

    He's a yokel. As long as you coach Empoli, nobody cares. Otherwise it shows.
    I still find it very weird how the players turned on him after such a success full start. I mean up untill that spurs game it looked like they were gonna give pool and City a run for their money and then they just seemingly stopped except for the game against city (the one they won not the 6:0 trashing). I mean i understand players turning on a demanding coach when results are not coming i cannot understand it when you are outperforming.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  29. #978
    Ed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 11
    Posts
    14,936
    Thanked
    13,527 times
    Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

    Tokelau

    69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I still find it very weird how the players turned on him after such a success full start. I mean up untill that spurs game it looked like they were gonna give pool and City a run for their money and then they just seemingly stopped except for the game against city (the one they won not the 6:0 trashing). I mean i understand players turning on a demanding coach when results are not coming i cannot understand it when you are outperforming.
    Didn't Mourinho explain this in the interview with BeIn?

    If I remember correctly, he said Chelsea players don't like to train with Italian style because it's physically more demanding. Funny thing is they keep taking these types of coach. Lol.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

    I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

  30. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Irequis

  31. #979
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    10,357
    Thanked
    9,529 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

    India

    18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I still find it very weird how the players turned on him after such a success full start. I mean up untill that spurs game it looked like they were gonna give pool and City a run for their money and then they just seemingly stopped except for the game against city (the one they won not the 6:0 trashing). I mean i understand players turning on a demanding coach when results are not coming i cannot understand it when you are outperforming.
    Or maybe opponents learned the way Chelsea set up and started to nullify them.

    Chelsea have good players but the way they set up is very questionable. They had Morata who was average and couldn't score, they relied on Hazard for every attack.

    Their midfield is Jorginho who barely creates chances, Kante who is superb defensively but average with ball and then Kovacic who isn't decisive in final third.

    Their midfielders are good in isolation but when all of them play together, there isn't enough goal threat except Barkley and he is the only one who did good enough job in scoring goals (he was Attacking mid all his career).

    Losing Costa was the biggest blow for them. They don't have anyone who can score goals regularly. The replacement Morata was very weak and few levels downgrade from Costa.

    They lack proper goal scorer and goal threat from midfield. Sarri isn't helping either with how rigid he is.

  32. Thanks (1): MVD

  33. #980
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    973
    Thanked
    963 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Or maybe opponents learned the way Chelsea set up and started to nullify them.

    Chelsea have good players but the way they set up is very questionable. They had Morata who was average and couldn't score, they relied on Hazard for every attack.

    Their midfield is Jorginho who barely creates chances, Kante who is superb defensively but average with ball and then Kovacic who isn't decisive in final third.

    Their midfielders are good in isolation but when all of them play together, there isn't enough goal threat except Barkley and he is the only one who did good enough job in scoring goals (he was Attacking mid all his career).

    Losing Costa was the biggest blow for them. They don't have anyone who can score goals regularly. The replacement Morata was very weak and few levels downgrade from Costa.

    They lack proper goal scorer and goal threat from midfield. Sarri isn't helping either with how rigid he is
    .

    This is also a warning to us.We need to replace Icardi properly.And i dont see many able replacements out there right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •