View Poll Results: Who will win the Scudetto?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juventus

30 60.00%
  • Napoli

2 4.00%
  • Roma

1 2.00%
  • Inter

15 30.00%
  • Lazio

1 2.00%
  • Milan

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.00%
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2136

Thread: Italian Serie A 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Tbh I'm all for standardised font because we've seen some clusterfucks with numbers and names.
    Chievo and their knight obsessed owner are a team that comes to mind when we're talking about horrendous fonts on jerseys.

Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Chievo and their knight obsessed owner are a team that comes to mind when we're talking about horrendous fonts on jerseys.

I d much rather have a couple of horrendous fonts and captain armbands in serie a than have every fucking thing standardized.

Fucking figc took them for ever to realize that the epl was pulling away and now they try to catch up with them by imitating their stupidest fucken rules.

- - - Updated - - -

I d much rather have a couple of horrendous fonts and captain armbands in serie a than have every fucking thing standardized.

Fucking figc took them for ever to realize that the epl was pulling away and now they try to catch up with them by imitating their stupidest fucken rules.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I'm torn, personally.

Names and numbers serve to convey information, for me, even though I'm a graphic designer myself and I don't like my hands tied at all, a single legible font > diverse set of fonts with half or even more being horrendous ala Chievo. Most of the time the fonts on the back have nothing to do with the kit concept, if there's one to begin with. I mean...

On the other hand, there ARE examples of great typography on football kits, it's just that it's more of an exception than the rule and I don't see that changing in the near future.
    Last edited by Wobblz; 14 Sep 18 at 15:05.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    ^^^^^

Hahahahaha. That's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

ďThere is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.Ē

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    From what I know, the EPL teams jerseys, including fonts, are designed by the kit manufacturer, just like any other team. But when they play in Premier League matches (as opposed to cup and European / friendly matches) they have to wear a standardised EPL font.

So, if you go to EPL teams stores and choose to personalise a shirt with a player name and number, they offer both "cup printing" (essentially the font that the kit manufacturer, Nike/Adidas/Puma etc, originally designed specifically for that kit) and "league printing", which is the dipshit standardised EPL font.

Spoiler: see here: 

But even then, there's some inconsistency because while they use the same font, some teams have their player names in an arch
    Spoiler: like this: 
    but others write their names on a straight axis
    Spoiler: like this: 

I guess, the EPL has a standardised font but gives the teams the ability to decide whether they want to put their player names in an arch or on a straight line? I don't even know. Fucking mess.
    I also hate standardized fonts, since imo it's an important part of how a kit looks, but I would hazard (haha) a guess that the arch vs straight line has to do with the length of the name. Check out Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's shirt, which has a much longer name than Arnautovic's and much more arched.

6. Thanks (2): Hasan, Universe

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    I also hate standardized fonts, since imo it's an important part of how a kit looks, but I would hazard (haha) a guess that the arch vs straight line has to do with the length of the name. Check out Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's shirt, which has a much longer name than Arnautovic's and much more arched.

This guy's worse than the blonde ho' from GoT... Slayer of dragons, breaker of chains and all.

Can't he be just named Hesselink and be done with it, or he has some legit reason to include all of his other fucking names in it?!
    ó Massimo Moratti

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    VOH

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post

I was going to make a point of using Arnautovic as an example of the straight vs. arched nameplate, but a quick look at someone like Martin Noble and his name is still arched as well. And, on the Chelsea side, Azpilicueta's name is written straight across the back rather than arched. So while the examples might not have been the best, there wasn't any misleading information in the bigger picture.

12. Thanks (1): Wings

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Icardi

Italy

Speaking of Chievo and their awful fonts, they’re 2-0 down to Roma right now.

Edit: Chievo and their awful font are now 2-2.
    Last edited by YoramG; 16 Sep 18 at 13:20.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    i guess roma prepared this match watching inter-torino
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Malta

Thank fuck someone else is shitting the bed apart from us

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Just saw Chievo's second goal
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    J.R. Cruz

Netherlands

This guy's worse than the blonde ho' from GoT... Slayer of dragons, breaker of chains and all.

Can't he be just named Hesselink and be done with it, or he has some legit reason to include all of his other fucking names in it?!
    Many in the Netherlands just called him 'Vennegoor' if i remember correctly.
    JULIO RICARDO CRUZ - TUTTI I GOL CONTRO LA RUBENTUS

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Roma and Inter are doing their best to ensure Conte won't be unemployed for much longer.

21. Thanks (4): Kev9Inter, MVD, thatdude, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Icardi

Italy

Duncan, at least this season so far, has been damn impressive.

23. Thanks (2): Dylan, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

If Sassuolo can make these passes in the midfield with their players and in the first season with their coach then what's our excuse?

25. Thanks (2): thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    nevermind
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Best Forum Newcomer
    Portuguese Ronaldo scores

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Icardi

Italy

We all knew it was coming against Sassuolo. Lmfao that made our defense look good.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Juve B players with more shots on target for Consigli than Ronaldo.