View Poll Results: Who will win the Scudetto?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juventus

    30 60.00%
  • Napoli

    2 4.00%
  • Roma

    1 2.00%
  • Inter

    15 30.00%
  • Lazio

    1 2.00%
  • Milan

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 2.00%
Page 291 of 301 FirstFirst ... 191241281288289290291292293294 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 6003

Thread: Italian Serie A 2018/2019

  1. #5801
    Dogen's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Aug 15
    Posts
    780
    Thanked
    2,809 times

    Italy

    After watching the replay (that's handball and penalty for Atalanta, nowadays, and a second yellow card for Bastos, who was soon and wisely subbed off by Inzaghi), you have to wonder why VAR didn't call referee Banti for a review, at least.

    You also have to wonder why, a few days ago, with all the chaos and Palermo going down, the Serie B playout magically disappeared and Lotito's Salernitana was spared from a dangerous two-legged tie with Foggia (for the moment).

    We should try and beware of doing "dietrologia" (aka theory of the plot), but Italian football always makes it hard.


  2. #5802
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,863
    Thanked
    16,683 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    There is an audio file spreading into thousands of WhatsApp phones in Rome, where supposedly de Rossi tells a friend of his that he proposed to Roma management to be paid on a playing token system, so that the club would only pay him for as many games he would play. And apparently the management was initially ok with it, only to stall instead, so then de Rossi withdrew his proposal, out of pride I guess.

    This is the audio, for anyone who might be interested: https://video.repubblica.it/sport/ro.../334634/335235

    Now, I don't care about De Rossi, but this thing sounds awfully similar to that audio where supposedly Nainggolan a few months ago said how he would want to go back to Roma.

    My personal opinion: that's not de rossi's voice. I am inclined to believe now, more than I was back then, that someone in Rome just loves to spread this sort of "fake news".

    Clearly, this is nearly meaningless stuff. But at least now I am convinced the Ninja never actually tried to go back to Roma.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.


  3. #5803
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanked
    9,135 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's more of a people cannot keep a secret thing than fake news thing.

  4. #5804
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,863
    Thanked
    16,683 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    Just listen to it, it's 2 minutes. It's not his voice.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  5. Thanks (1): MVD

  6. #5805
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    1,813
    Thanked
    3,883 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Clearly, this is nearly meaningless stuff. But at least now I am convinced the Ninja never actually tried to go back to Roma.
    There is literally no correlation between the two situations other than the fact that it's regarding the same club and that it's a (supposedly) fabricated audio recording. Look at Nainggolan commenting about Roma and the whole DDR situation, it's very obvious that he still didn't get over that. You are deluding yourself if you think he wouldn't have went back, at least in January. Things might have changed since, Roma is in shambles at the moment and overall far less appealing than it was already 6 months ago.

    I acknowledge that, if what the media is writing is true, that he helped about getting Icardi reinstated into the squad, but let's not fool ourselves that this guy absorbed and embraced our colors. To me, Radja is a mercenary and I don't expect genuine affection from his kind.

  7. Thanks (1): MVD

  8. #5806
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    6,013
    Thanked
    12,684 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    There is an audio file spreading into thousands of WhatsApp phones in Rome, where supposedly de Rossi tells a friend of his that he proposed to Roma management to be paid on a playing token system, so that the club would only pay him for as many games he would play. And apparently the management was initially ok with it, only to stall instead, so then de Rossi withdrew his proposal, out of pride I guess.

    This is the audio, for anyone who might be interested: https://video.repubblica.it/sport/ro.../334634/335235

    Now, I don't care about De Rossi, but this thing sounds awfully similar to that audio where supposedly Nainggolan a few months ago said how he would want to go back to Roma.

    My personal opinion: that's not de rossi's voice. I am inclined to believe now, more than I was back then, that someone in Rome just loves to spread this sort of "fake news".

    Clearly, this is nearly meaningless stuff. But at least now I am convinced the Ninja never actually tried to go back to Roma.
    If Radja's audio was fake, i believe either Radja or Inter would have denied it. Instead both the player and the team remained silent which makes me believe the audio was authentic.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

  9. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Adriano@10, dax21, MVD

  10. #5807
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,863
    Thanked
    16,683 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    There is a pattern: out of the blue two audio files emerge, both regarding Roma.

    What do you believe are the odds of that genuinely happening?

    That's why this second case confirms to me that the first one is most likely fake.

    Yes, someone could have gotten the idea from Nainggolan's case to try and pull something similar with De rossi, this time faking it.

    But the thing is, the two cases are very similar: a leaked audio file from a player who is involved in a controversy, with no clear context: where did it happen, where was the player while having this conversation? Who knows. There aren't many details in both cases.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  11. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

  12. #5808
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Jun 10
    Posts
    11,999
    Thanked
    9,677 times
    Fav. Player
    Icardi

    Saudi Arabia

    8
    Not to mention both players are related to one club: Roma. So it’s more likely the same person/group doing such a trend.
    Forza Inter

  13. #5809
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    1,813
    Thanked
    3,883 times

    Serbia

    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    There is a pattern: out of the blue two audio files emerge, both regarding Roma.

    What do you believe are the odds of that genuinely happening?

    That's why this second case confirms to me that the first one is most likely fake.

    Yes, someone could have gotten the idea from Nainggolan's case to try and pull something similar with De rossi, this time faking it.

    But the thing is, the two cases are very similar: a leaked audio file from a player who is involved in a controversy, with no clear context: where did it happen, where was the player while having this conversation? Who knows. There aren't many details in both cases.
    The likeliest outcome is that first one was real, the second one is fake. I don't see it plausible that both are genuine.
    Anyway, it doesn't really matter anyway nor do I have a horse in this race, but to me it's very inconclusive to deduce anything nor do I see enough to establish a clear pattern.

    Also, what Drago wrote makes sense. Club/players confirmed things when they were true (Perisic transfer request, Skriniar confirming that he will stay even before his contract extension, etc). Radja's audio recording luckily coincided with him being injured so it managed to go under the rug without too much attention, given more interesting things in the media at the time (january transfers).

    I'm not saying I'm 100% sure either way but I'm definitely more inclined to believe that his recording is genuine. I don't really hate him for it tho, his emotions are understandable. I do however see why more extreme Inter fans wouldn't feel the same and that's also fine.

  14. Thanks (1): MVD

  15. #5810

    Join Date
    02 Apr 18
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanked
    1,508 times

    Kazakhstan

    Best Forum Newcomer
    People still use WhatsApp in 2019? After https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8912591.html this and other security leaks? Can't believe it, fcking Facebook kept Instagram passwords in plain text ffs! WhatsApp co-developer even left Facebook after disputes about security and privacy of the app.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

    At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

  16. #5811
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanked
    9,135 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Just listen to it, it's 2 minutes. It's not his voice.
    I didn't listen to it. Didn't even see the link at the moment, but I was sent 4 audio files this morning from a Roman ultra friend of mine (which I also didn't listen to yet) claiming that it was De Rossi. I'll get back at you tonight

    I'm just saying that these things aren't that hard to leak. Regarding Nainggolan a friend knows the person he was speaking to and he knows that it leaked to a whatsapp Roma ultras group or something and then took off. People exaggerate and don't tell the truth all the time so I cannot really say for sure that it's a fact, but that's what I was told and I had listened to them a day before they were leaked to the media. If the intention was to leak it to the media I don't think this is the venue they'd choose, they'd go to youtube, facebook, instagram or directly to a media outlet and not via fans and ending up at some random journalist to break the story. Unless they want to help this random journalist with "exclusives". Not sure which is more farfetched.

  17. #5812
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanked
    9,135 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    That's why this second case confirms to me that the first one is most likely fake.

    Yes, someone could
    Listened to this one and the ones I had (which are part of the 'discussion' but he doesn't say anything else). I'm pretty confident that it is his voice. It'd be known immediately if it were a fake.

    I think they are doing it on purpose. They want Palotta to fuck off and now De Rossi is the perfect soldier for the job due to circumstances. If the Qataris are for real, then I'm pretty sure people will be rather vocal about Palotta fucking off. They love their players at Roma and treat them like gods. You cannot kick a god off their Mt Olympos and go unpunished. Spalletti is not a very popular person in Rome at the moment because of the Totti situation as well.

    I even hear that Ranieri backed De Rossi publicly where he mentioned that Palotta is trying to kick De Rossi out of the club and that DDR won't be able to sleep at nights due to this club decision made in the USA. Something that De Rossi also mentioned in the audio.

  18. #5813

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanked
    1,219 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    I wouldn’t waste three paragraphs on two finished Roma players.

  19. #5814
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,863
    Thanked
    16,683 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Listened to this one and the ones I had (which are part of the 'discussion' but he doesn't say anything else). I'm pretty confident that it is his voice. It'd be known immediately if it were a fake.

    I think they are doing it on purpose. They want Palotta to fuck off and now De Rossi is the perfect soldier for the job due to circumstances. If the Qataris are for real, then I'm pretty sure people will be rather vocal about Palotta fucking off. They love their players at Roma and treat them like gods. You cannot kick a god off their Mt Olympos and go unpunished. Spalletti is not a very popular person in Rome at the moment because of the Totti situation as well.

    I even hear that Ranieri backed De Rossi publicly where he mentioned that Palotta is trying to kick De Rossi out of the club and that DDR won't be able to sleep at nights due to this club decision made in the USA. Something that De Rossi also mentioned in the audio.
    de rossi has a mild lisp, the imitation is good but not quite.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  20. Thanks (1): MVD

  21. #5815
    Choppin Onions's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Aug 04
    Posts
    9,313
    Thanked
    6,222 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Canada

    66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Gasp to Roma, Sarri to Milan possibly. Upgrades for both of them though one wonders how Gasp will do again at a bigger club where pressure is much more intense than a provincial side.


  22. Thanks (1): firmino

  23. #5816
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanked
    9,135 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    That would be very good moves for both clubs.

  24. #5817
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    10,863
    Thanked
    16,683 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    it definitely would be interesting to see what gasperini can do in his second attempt at a big club. as i often say, it's much easier to work in a place like bergamo, where they will reward you for a fifth place with all honors. at Inter, or even roma for that matter, fifth is failure and the pressure is on a whole other level.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

  25. Thanks (2): MVD, Urban

  26. #5818

    Join Date
    27 May 12
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanked
    1,219 times
    Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

    Albania

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin Onions View Post
    Gasp to Roma, Sarri to Milan possibly. Upgrades for both of them though one wonders how Gasp will do again at a bigger club where pressure is much more intense than a provincial side.
    One thing for sure, he will do better than Spalletti.

  27. #5819
    Irequis's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Nov 11
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanked
    1,559 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Argentina

    Lets take a moment to appreciate how Inter treats its legends compared to other clubs. Zanetti was allowed to end his career here and was gloriously saluted in his last match. We also dealt a lot of golden handshakes to other treble legends when we made transition to new era.
    Meanwhile, juve kicked Del Piero to kangoroo continent without proper farewell and they only learnt their lesson for Buffon's farewell after Zanetti's,
    Ac milan ultras insulted Maldini, Totti was told by Monchi the new bloke at Rome to retire and De Rossi is screwed by American management, while Lazio does not have any legend to treat.
    http://irequis.wordpress.com/
    Feeling up the senses like a night in Giuseppe Meazza

  28. #5820
    Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Aug 13
    Posts
    3,521
    Thanked
    6,046 times

    South Korea

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Irequis View Post
    Lets take a moment to appreciate how Inter treats its legends compared to other clubs. Zanetti was allowed to end his career here and was gloriously saluted in his last match. We also dealt a lot of golden handshakes to other treble legends when we made transition to new era.
    Meanwhile, juve kicked Del Piero to kangoroo continent without proper farewell and they only learnt their lesson for Buffon's farewell after Zanetti's,
    Ac milan ultras insulted Maldini, Totti was told by Monchi the new bloke at Rome to retire and De Rossi is screwed by American management, while Lazio does not have any legend to treat.
    I have no love for how other clubs treat their legends, but this is a sanitized version of what happened imo. Zanetti wasn't "allowed" to end his career, he was pretty much forced. Thohir and his marketing gurus consistently pushed Zanetti to retire/look at other lines of work. When Zanetti failed to announce his own retirement with just a few games left in the season, Thohir decided to do it for him. Zanetti never expressed any great enthusiasm about retiring and going into an admin role, but he went along with it instead of kicking up a fuss like Totti. This after he was benched by Jonathan and Nagatomo. The real entity that needs to be appreciated here is Zanetti, not Inter.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •