View Poll Results: Who will win the Scudetto?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juventus

30 60.00%
  • Napoli

2 4.00%
  • Roma

1 2.00%
  • Inter

15 30.00%
  • Lazio

1 2.00%
  • Milan

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.00%
Page 247 of 254 FirstFirst ... 147197237244245246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 5061

Thread: Italian Serie A 2018/2019

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post

Like I said, this country really has their priorities straight...

https://www.football-italia.net/1370...oko-and-kessie
    I have an idea of the punishment he has in mind for both players.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    I like how there's outrage for this in Italy, and even possible suspension for players (really??) but hey, kean racism is 50-50.
    just because some problems aren't taken care of, doesn't mean nothing should be done about the other stuff.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

3. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Last edited by n4l; 15 Apr 19 at 17:06. Reason: tooo far
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    just because some problems aren't taken care of, doesn't mean nothing should be done about the other stuff.
    He is comparing a shirt that an opposing player gave willingly to a scalp

Players exchange their shirts at the end of the match as a sign of respect for each other and the sport. Then immediately after that you use the shirt to mock your opponent?
    I think it was a subtle joke, apparently both players know each other and talked before and after the match, Acerbi could have taken it as a joke or talked to Bakayoko about it but he decided to be offended and go to social media first, and then later say enough is enough.

I didnt like the gesture but going so far as to call it a scalp, or as a prize after war like Brheme said is going to far. He didnt take it off him and he didnt disrespect it, he did what people do nowadays, take silly pictures in the moment.

EDIT

Pose doing silly shit in the moment
    Last edited by K.I.; 15 Apr 19 at 18:38.

6. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

Wonder if Bonucci and Chillieni did this if there would be any discussion about a punishment or talk of a scalp.

8. Thanks (1): K.I.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

They would say they are respecting the player who gave them said shirt and should be awarded the Nobel pice prize for recognizing their rivals on the field.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    I didnt like the gesture but going so far as to call it a scalp, or as a prize after war like Brheme said is going to far. He didnt take it off him and he didnt disrespect it, he did what people do nowadays, take silly pictures in the moment.
    They didn't take a silly picture, they "posed" to the Curva Sud with a beaten opponent's shirt and were randomly photographed in the process.

In forum lingo, this is baiting & trolling.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    They didn't take a silly picture, they "posed" to the Curva Sud with a beaten opponent's shirt and were randomly photographed in the process.

In forum lingo, this is baiting & trolling.
    True, he may have been posing but the picture was gonna get taken regardless but i meant he did something in the heat of the moment that was silly.

Canada

It was a "lack of class" to do by Bakayoko/Kessie, but not even close to something that deserves this amount of conversation. Like someone said, Bonucci's comments are much more serious but the truth is that most reports in Italy are probably on friendly terms with someone like Bonucci who is a mainstay in the national team. On the other hand, we know what FIGC thoughts are if foreign players (especially of a different race) do anything that may be thought of as "provocation". The person at the end of it was Acerbi too, who is at Italian making Kessie/Bakayoko an easy target. I even remember someone in a high-up position comparing the Koulibaly incident to the boos that Bonucci received from Milan fans, so that tells you a lot about how certain people think. Similarly, when Ferrero made stupid comments about Thohir's nationality, a lot of people found it funny, without realizing that those underlying thoughts speak volumes about how certain people feel of those of a different race/nationality.

Not trying to pass judgment on Italian people as a whole at all as that's unfair, just a certain group of people (which you can find in other countries as well).

13. Thanks (2): n4l, Wings

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Thank you Empoli!!!!
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

15. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Atalanta only got a draw at home against Empoli. This is good news for us, as a contender for champions League positions drops points. Had they won this one, they would be level on points with bbilan, so someone might argue that it's a pity as they could be a challenge for the rossoneri.

I prefer this way, I just see it as a race where we need to end at least fourth.

Tonight's match is also a warning, as we will face Empoli in the last match: hopefully by then we will have already secured champions League, but you never know

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, 32 shots Vs 2
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

17. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Atalanta 0:0 Empoli

Atalanta:
    Shots: 47
    Shots on goal: 18
    Shots wide: 18
    Blocked: 11

Empoli:
    Shots: 3
    Shots on goal: 1
    Shots wide: 2
    Blocked: 0

Empoli goalkeeper rating: 10.0

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    They say FFP has made it impossible for a club with lower revenues to aim high, even if it has an ambitious owner who wants to invest. Bullshit. Its about competence of management. FFP is just a scapegoat for incompetent clubs who want to buy success. It took Juve and Napoli just 6 years to go from Serie B top 2 to Serie A top 2.

*FFP came into play from 2010, when Juve were 7th and Napoli 6th in Serie A. Inter were 1st and Milan 3rd, and had bigger revenues. However both the Milanese clubs ignored FFP for the first few seasons. This season will be the 4th season since that Juve-Napoli have finished 1-2 in Serie A.

20. Thanks (1): hitmax

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Atalanta only got a draw at home against Empoli. This is good news for us, as a contender for champions League positions drops points. Had they won this one, they would be level on points with bbilan, so someone might argue that it's a pity as they could be a challenge for the rossoneri.

I prefer this way, I just see it as a race where we need to end at least fourth.
    Sadly, I agree. I would've rather seen Atalanta win tonight and continue to push Milan for the last CL spot (though Milan's pillow-soft schedule should give them the leg up regardless), but since we're no guarantee we need all the help we can get; our schedule is still pretty torturous to look at, relatively speaking.

"But, Kramer, if Atalanta reaches the CL, odds are their squad and coach will be picked apart."

I don't care. Coefficients don't mean a damn thing anymore in Italy. Why should I want Milan in there just because they'll provide a tougher challenge from Serie A? Last time I checked, Milan's European history does a number on ours. I'd rather close the gap than see them in there anytime soon.

22. Thanks (1): Il Drago

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    Atalanta 0:0 Empoli

Atalanta:
    Shots: 47
    Shots on goal: 18
    Shots wide: 18
    Blocked: 11

Empoli:
    Shots: 3
    Shots on goal: 1
    Shots wide: 2
    Blocked: 0

Empoli goalkeeper rating: 10.0
    Ridiculous. It was the kind of game that happens with you regularly in FM.
    Atalanta had over 6 xG and scored none.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Some Swedish program about Derby della Madonnina. Interesting behind the scenes about the rivalry.

25. Thanks (2): firmino, GenDire

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

gazzetta.it reports that after milan-lazio Lucas Leiva said to a Milan manager on the wheelchair: "just sit there and shut up".

edit: Lucas Leiva strongly denies that he has said that. Guess we'll see but if it's true lol, how retarded one must be to say that.
    Last edited by firmino; 16 Apr 19 at 10:16.

Fav. Player
    Rafinha

Europe

gazzetta.it reports that after milan-lazio Lucas Leiva said to a Milan manager on the wheelchair: "just sit there and shut up".

edit: Lucas Leiva strongly denies that he has said that. Guess we'll see but if it's true lol, how retarded one must be to say that.

After seeing this post I googled Lucas Leiva, just the usual wiki search, then I noticed this guy is married to ADRIANA LIMA?!?!

Then I looked better and saw that his wife is Ariana Lima (some random girl)

So yeah, funfact.

28. Thanks (1): Bes

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Fucking Atalanta. All I want is for Milan to finish outside the CL places, is that too much to ask.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Moradinho View Post
    After seeing this post I googled Lucas Leiva, just the usual wiki search, then I noticed this guy is married to ADRIANA LIMA?!?!

Then I looked better and saw that his wife is Ariana Lima (some random girl)

So yeah, funfact.
    No, he's not married to the Brazilian model Adriana Lima, but to a woman called Ariana Lima (with no "d").