View Poll Results: Who will win the Scudetto?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juventus

30 60.00%
  • Napoli

2 4.00%
  • Roma

1 2.00%
  • Inter

15 30.00%
  • Lazio

1 2.00%
  • Milan

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.00%
Page 188 of 248 FirstFirst ... 88138178185186187188189190191198238 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4960

Thread: Italian Serie A 2018/2019

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

the magic of being a free agent
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If you think Icardi is partly responsible for the lack of goals this team produces then we do. It's all a matter of perspective but clearly many are divided as you would obviously be aware of.
    If a striker doesnt score for 3 games he should be replaced now? Is that the standard we are setting?
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    If a striker doesnt score for 3 games he should be replaced now? Is that the standard we are setting?
    I think he's speaking to the total goal output for the season by our team. Not Icardi's form. Does our style of play of spoon feeding Icardi chances hinder our ability to score a larger volume of goals? I think the answer is yes.

If Icardi had wingers beside him capable of scoring goals rather than slinging him crosses, Icardi's goal output may be lower but the team as a whole would be better off.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    If Icardi had wingers beside him capable of scoring goals rather than slinging him crosses, Icardi's goal output may be lower but the team as a whole would be better off.
    We could always try sign wingers that can score goals and also assist.
    david mcgoldrick

6. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I think he's speaking to the total goal output for the season by our team. Not Icardi's form. Does our style of play of spoon feeding Icardi chances hinder our ability to score a larger volume of goals? I think the answer is yes.

Yes, we've been saying that since Mancini. We keep on stressing this!!! Some talk like they would rather see Icardi be top goalscorer than see us scoring more goals.

That is why I said Icardi is doing good for himself, but it doesn't bode good for the team that we are 2 games away from dropping out of the top4...
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

It's pretty naive to suggest at this point that "spoonfeeding" Icardi is the reason we don't score a lot of goals. We just don't have the technical ability (in midfield and in offence) to break down teams that sit back.

We don't have much of a problem scoring against larger teams for example. If anything, Icardi occupies so many defenders that everyone else gets less marking. They just fail to capitalize on it.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

9. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Dylan, n4l, _OC_

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    Ramsey marketabke in UK! My ass!
    Dude, they managed to make Jay fuckign Bothroyd marketable in the UK when he was at Perugia, someone like Ramsey who goes viral for coincidentally causing deaths when scoring will do wonders. All they want is people talk about the player, the team and possibly get more TV crews to show their games. And Ramsey can do that better than most British players not called Bale or Kane.
    Last edited by brehme1989; 12 Feb 19 at 18:59.

11. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, wera

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Unless Icardi is not putting his body in the way of shots of our players I can't see how he stops the team from scoring.

I can't believe how in a team that can't string 5 decent passes the scapegoat is the striker.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

13. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Howl, n4l

Vietnam

I can't believe how in a team that can't string 5 decent passes the scapegoat is the striker.
    The same logic as: when goals are scored the striker gets all credits (-> highest salary); but the wingers/ midfielders are still scapegoat of zero service

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    Teams which scored more goals than Inter this season:
    Juve, Napoli, Fiorentina, Atalanta, Roma, Sassuolo, Sampdoria.

And by the way we are the best defense in Serie A along with Juve.

It's soooo obvious that we need an AM that i don't know what else it needs to happen for the management to see it.
    Two competent fullbacks, two competent midfielders and one winger away from a complete squad, and then One motivated world class manager away from the perfect team.

We'll have to wait half a year to dream about that.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

16. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    The same logic as: when goals are scored the striker gets all credits (-> highest salary); but the wingers/ midfielders are still scapegoat of zero service
    It depends, it is a team sport no one can do anything on his own, Icardi's dip coincides with the whole team's dip I think that's more of a coincidence then this contract talk.

Funnily enough, we have a player who actually didn't play a game because he wanted to leave the club and he's getting less shit than Icardi.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

18. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, n4l

Vietnam

It depends, it is a team sport no one can do anything on his own, Icardi's dip coincides with the whole team's dip I think that's more of a coincidence then this contract talk.

Funnily enough, we have a player who actually didn't play a game because he wanted to leave the club and he's getting less shit than Icardi.
    Really? Would you mind checking Perisic thread again, and see how much heavy insults he has?

I see the other way round to Icardi. For some of you it isn't allowed to say any slight blame towards him, even if he played awful (e.g. Parma match). Your logic is pretty simple. For goals, even penalty, all credits go to Icardi. For goal struggling, all criticism goes to wingers and midfielders

As you said, "it is a team sport no one can do anything on his own", if Icardi scored 29 goals, there have been service for >29 goals. Why people gave zero credits to the teammates and always accuse as if they are useless?

20. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude, varmin

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Two competent fullbacks, two competent midfielders and one winger away from a complete squad, and then One motivated world class manager away from the perfect team.

We'll have to wait half a year to dream about that.
    Think dream is exactly the right word, I have an odd feeling this squad isn’t getting revolutionised in the summer. In an ideal world, there’d be a complete midfield overhaul with the exception of Brozovic but looks difficult because who’s going to buy our trash? Plus, buying another 2 fullbacks actually makes me feel ill, I’m so sick of even thinking about who’s playing LB/RB. I really thought Asamoah/Vrsaljko would fix it but oh well.

With or without a new manager, I think we’ll peak at second in the league and round of 16 in the CL next year. Marotta and Suning talking about a 2020/2021 scudetto challenge seems realistic.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti
    Old name
    Natasha

Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Really? Would you mind checking Perisic thread again, and see how much heavy insults he has?

I see the other way round to Icardi. For some of you it isn't allowed to say any slight blame towards him, even if he played awful (e.g. Parma match). Your logic is pretty simple. For goals, even penalty, all credits go to Icardi. For goal struggling, all criticism goes to wingers and midfielders

As you said, "it is a team sport no one can do anything on his own", if Icardi scored 29 goals, there have been service for >29 goals. Why people gave zero credits to the teammates and always accuse as if they are useless?
    Add to that most of those goals, at least 80% were a constructed job from someone else with a single tap in from the striker.

Come on guys, even in his best days, he scores, he is lethal in front of a goal and i never discredit him for that... but his overall input in the game is mostly nonexistent except for the finished product. If you don't see that then either you are blind of a big fanboy.

Most people here don't understand that we don't criticize him because of his crisis now, we criticize him ALL the time, but he adds fuel to the fire when he asks for a big raise, and that's when critics activate the most. His style of play is limited, certainly not the best for our squad, maybe he would work better elsewhere with better players. But he is too costly to make that kind of overhaul in this team, it's easier to sell him and to build the team around a new, more complete striker.
    I met Zanetti, you suckers!

23. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Asian Girls

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Think dream is exactly the right word, I have an odd feeling this squad isn’t getting revolutionised in the summer. In an ideal world, there’d be a complete midfield overhaul with the exception of Brozovic but looks difficult because who’s going to buy our trash? Plus, buying another 2 fullbacks actually makes me feel ill, I’m so sick of even thinking about who’s playing LB/RB. I really thought Asamoah/Vrsaljko would fix it but oh well.

With or without a new manager, I think we’ll peak at second in the league and round of 16 in the CL next year. Marotta and Suning talking about a 2020/2021 scudetto challenge seems realistic.
    I think we will see how ambitious Suning really is with their plans. Looking at the situation now Spalletti may very well not be our coach next season. Since the names that are most frequently dropped are Mourinho and Conte I can see no other way to succeed, other than making a complete overhaul and some big investment.

If we go for Conte, who will most definitely play a 3-5-2 we would need at least one back up striker and 2 back up center backs since Rano will be gone by then. Also our wing backs, especially D'Ambrosio doesn't seem suited for this role because he is just not good enough in attack.

Should we get Mourinho, he will surely demand expensive players in order to make things work. A team with too many average players will not cut it.

Add to that the players that seem to be on their way out anyway like Perisic and hopefully Vecino/Gags who would need a replacement I can see a very busy mercato ahead of us.

If we want to push for the scudetto in the 2020/21 campaign we need to build our foundation as soon as possible, other way I think we are just losing time.

Also don't forget other teams aren't sleeping, especially Milan. Napoli have proven to be able to get the 2nd spot over and over again and never rule out Roma. Things are not getting easier with time.

25. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, MVD, YoramG

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Of course, I would post about the squad not being revolutionised and now it's looking likely we'll have a minimum of 110m to spend

For what it's worth phonk, I agree with everything you wrote, and I especially hope we have a new manager, even if I'm not in the 'murder Spalletti' camp. Between Conte and Mourinho my choice would be Conte, and it would be nice to have a two striker set up.

If we go through such radical changes, hopefully it's all put in place by August at the latest. Whoever is in charge of the team will need a solid pre-season to sort the squad out.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

27. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, phonk

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    just fyi, but conte hasn't played 2 striker setup since leaving Juve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

29. Thanks (2): ADRossi, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Asian Girls

Austria

Not true. He also played 3-5-2 with the Italian national team as well as some games at Chelsea, though his preferred formation was a 3-4-2-1 there.

31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by phonk View Post
    Not true. He also played 3-5-2 with the Italian national team as well as some games at Chelsea, though his preferred formation was a 3-4-2-1 there.
    He BARELY played with 2 strikers at Chelsea. Maybe, at best, 1 or 2 games over 2 seasons. Maybe.

Italy...sure. But super small sample size (relative to league seasons) and that's back in 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    Asian Girls

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    He BARELY played with 2 strikers at Chelsea. Maybe, at best, 1 or 2 games over 2 seasons. Maybe.

Italy...sure. But super small sample size (relative to league seasons) and that's back in 2016.
    I honestly don't know what your point is, dude. This is just such an unnecessary discussion.

According to transfermarkt.com he has played with 2 strikers, about 10-15 times (haven't counted, but that is what it looks like) at Chelsea, and I also said that his preferred formation is a different one.
    The only thing I did was correct your statement that he hasn't used 2 strikers after leaving Juve, not more not less (and I am not sure why you even pointed it out).

If you disagree with my original post were I said Conte will probably play 3-5-2 should he come here, we can gladly discuss it, that's what the forum is here for.

34. Thanks (1): MVD