View Poll Results: Who will win the Scudetto?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juventus

30 60.00%
  • Napoli

2 4.00%
  • Roma

1 2.00%
  • Inter

15 30.00%
  • Lazio

1 2.00%
  • Milan

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.00%
Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213220221222223
Results 4,441 to 4,456 of 4456

Thread: Italian Serie A 2018/2019

Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    The ex-Inter have contributed their shares prior to derby this week. Ranieri, Mazzarri, Mihajlovic, Palacio, Poli, Pandev.
    You forgot Juan Jesus

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Yesterday I finally understood that Piatek is not the new Shevchenko despite all the hype. Shevchenko was absolutely deadly forward but he also had dribbling. Piatek is just standing there near two DCs and waits for ball to come to him, no dropping back, 0 attempts to actually drive the ball forward himself. He scored 2 wonderful goals against Napoli in Milito's style but Milito had it all and was a complete forward.

If Milan relies solely on Piatek in future they will be successfull, but this success will be limited. Lautaro, on the other hand, combined with new top striker who hopefully will be purchased in summer has all what it takes to be developed into attacker who is complete and competent in every aspect of modern game.
    Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

3. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

We can give him some slack, first season in Serie A, his first Milan derby, Spalletti outplaying Gattuso in the first half,...

Piatek will show his qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Mauritius

Piatek is definitely a good player, but people seem to completely ignore that he has 6 good months behind him and that's it. I mean nobody in Europe had heard about him last summer - and he ain't THAT young either. It could very well just be a one season thing ala Belotti...

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Piatek seems to me to be two levels above Belotti, who compared to the Pole is monodimensional. Piatek has better technique, better reaction times into the box. That said, being unknown was a big advantage for him, over time it will become a bit easier for the defenders to control him.

Anyway, I am pretty sure he will score at least 20 goals per season for the next 5 seasons.

Milan's problem is that they rely too much on him so when he doesn't deliver, they almost run out of options. But gattuso's ultra-defensive system + piatek is enough, I believe, to grant a champions League spot, at least this season, courtesy of roma's debacle.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Maybe not Sheva but a bierhoff type of player?
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    You know what? 7 points away from 2nd place is not so bad.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

10. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Unfair criticism of Piatek since he was up against a wall made of DeVrij and Skriniar.

Besides, he scored a brace just a month ago vs Napoli who are sitting comfortably in second place and made Koulibaly look like a slug.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    Maybe not Sheva but a bierhoff type of player?
    Or Icardi

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Lets not get carried away with the derby win. Its one game. Piatek is still a deadly young striker, and our objective of CL qualification is still far from achieved. We are competing for the final two slots with Milan, Lazio, Roma and Atalanta.

I still expect Milan to take the 3rd spot. Their performances have a consistency and team cohesion that means they don't drop points to smaller sides. That will leave us to fight with the other 3 teams for the final spot. Half of our remaining games are tough ones (Lazio, Juve, Napoli, Atalanta & Roma). But the good news is that we usually respond against good teams, and 3 of those games are 6.5 pointers. If we win those 3 games (Laz, Rom, Ata) we will probably make it. Plus we have a 5-8 point buffer over these teams.

So its all there 2 fight for, really. If Spallo can harness the energy and confidence from this special derby win, we should finish in the top 4.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Milan doesn't have consistency at all. They just had a short period of winning games meanwhile their rivals were dropping points here and there, just like we had a period of winning games while others dropped points and that is the reason that we are still competing for the top4. Roma is beyond terrible this season, meanwhile Lazio is inconsistent as hell and worse than last season.

I'm excluding Atalanta from the top4 competition because they will surely fall at some point and give up. They have some competitive players and they are a treat to any team of the league, but honestly they lack something... not sure what, but I would say prestige maybe?

I think the top4 will remain the same until the end of the season just like it is now, except of maybe switching 3rd and 4th spot between us and Milan.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Italy to abolish buyback clauses?
    By Football Italia staff

FIGC President Gabriele Gravina has confirmed that Italy could abolish buyback clauses in transfers.

Buyback options were only permitted in Italian football last summer, when it was still being run by a commissionership, but Gravina made it clear they were not in place to stay.

“It’s a measure that was suitable during the commissioner period,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We’re weighing things up and I hope to propose the amendment of the rule by March 20 so that the Federal Council can cancel this change.”

The only high-profile buyback in Serie A last summer saw Juventus sell defender Giangiacomo Magnani to Sassuolo with a right to repurchase for €12m.

17. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

United States

I don’t see the point in getting rid of them. It’s a good chance for bigger teams to develop talent. It rarely works out as planned sure but I don’t think it’s hurting anyone

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Has anyone actually activated a buy back clause yet. Feel like theres a step between the clubs which accept those deals and the clubs who make the deals. The clubs in that step (Atalanta, Torino, Sass) are the clubs those players usually end up in
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Has anyone actually activated a buy back clause yet. Feel like theres a step between the clubs which accept those deals and the clubs who make the deals. The clubs in that step (Atalanta, Torino, Sass) are the clubs those players usually end up in
    We have done it for Dimarco and Camara and Roma have done it for Lorenzo Pellegrini. These are the only cases i remember. Though the trend is quite recent so it's kinda expected. The ban of the buyback clauses could also be a measure to prevent inflated capital gains.

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Lets not get carried away with the derby win. Its one game. Piatek is still a deadly young striker, and our objective of CL qualification is still far from achieved. We are competing for the final two slots with Milan, Lazio, Roma and Atalanta.

I still expect Milan to take the 3rd spot. Their performances have a consistency and team cohesion that means they don't drop points to smaller sides. That will leave us to fight with the other 3 teams for the final spot. Half of our remaining games are tough ones (Lazio, Juve, Napoli, Atalanta & Roma). But the good news is that we usually respond against good teams, and 3 of those games are 6.5 pointers. If we win those 3 games (Laz, Rom, Ata) we will probably make it. Plus we have a 5-8 point buffer over these teams.

So its all there 2 fight for, really. If Spallo can harness the energy and confidence from this special derby win, we should finish in the top 4.
    hard to say, Milan was very lucky against Sassuolol and Chievo. And now lost the derby. I don't see them better then us, but it will be a fight between us and Milan. With Roma waiting that someone of the 2 teams fucks up, which is (for now) not easy. Milan will probably react after a bad (and lucky) time while Inter will have Radja and Keita back + is motivated after the derby.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#InterIsGone

antijinx

22. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya