Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1861

Thread: Radja Nainggolan

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Yes, we need to steal that crystal ball of theirs.
    Do you call that a crystal ball? Others simply call it common sense. Buy a player in his late teens or earlt twenties and get rid of him in his late twenties. But apparently, your clander for buying players (like that of Ausilio) is twelve years late. It’s time to learn from Napoli or even Milan.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    Do you call that a crystal ball? Others simply call it common sense. Buy a player in his late teens or earlt twenties and get rid of him in his late twenties. But apparently, your clander for buying players (like that of Ausilio) is twelve years late. Itís time to learn from Napoli or even Milan.
    This is actually the first time I'll commend you on having a good point

I don't agree with it, though, but still. Napoli and Milan for example do not have such a transfer policy. Neither does Juventus. Roma does, yes. so does Lazio. But these are selling clubs. You need to buy experienced players as well in order to compete.

And the only reason we got Nainggolan is because Monchi was in charge of Roma. The guy would sell his mother if there was a buyer.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

It's common sense. Everybody saw that his performances dipped last season. Maybe it was EDFs fault, but it still happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Not everybody.

Most people said he was still world class and top 5 in whatever category they were putting him in.
    Wallace

5. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Buying teenagers and selling them in their late twenties is a terrible idea.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Anyone know how long he is out for??
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    This is actually the first time I'll commend you on having a good point

I don't agree with it, though, but still. Napoli and Milan for example do not have such a transfer policy. Neither does Juventus. Roma does, yes. so does Lazio. But these are selling clubs. You need to buy experienced players as well in order to compete.

And the only reason we got Nainggolan is because Monchi was in charge of Roma. The guy would sell his mother if there was a buyer.
    Napoli and Roma have this policy. And it works for both of them (maybe for Roma at past tense).

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Buying teenagers and selling them in their late twenties is a terrible idea.
    Terrible for whom? I agree it is really harsh. It's better to go for players in their early or middle thirties to provide them with shelter and health care when nobody wants their services anymore .

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Terrible for whom? I agree it is really harsh. It's better to go for players in their early or middle thirties to provide them with shelter and health care when nobody wants their services anymore .
    You are talking about Hernanes, Eder, Candreva, Valero, N9? Our lovely boys!
    And throwing away for peanuts Coutinho and Zaniolo? And Pirlo if we dig a little deeper?
    Yes, terrible idea to invest in teenagers! Fuck them!

11. Thanks (2): KevinB, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by andrei View Post
    You are talking about Hernanes, Eder, Candreva, Valero, N9? Our lovely boys!
    And throwing away for peanuts Coutinho and Zaniolo? And Pirlo if we dig a little deeper?
    Yes, terrible idea to invest in teenagers! Fuck them!
    All those players combined cost less than great young talents of Mario, Gabigol and Dalbert. Just saying that poor transfers are poor transfers, there is no correlation to age. I rather Inter invest in quality, no matter what age.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Dalbert, Gabigol and Mario weren't really young and were bought based on poor scouting. They only show that we needed and still need someone much better than Ausilio.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Cost is inversely proportional to age, so naturally the younger talents are going to cost more than old ones.

Just like Dalbert at 30 years old will definitely not cost over 20mil.

The problem with young acquisition is the high cost that comes with it, which inherently increases the risk when one fails. But because they are young, they have the time to recuperate from any initial failures, be it in this club or other clubs, that alone can offset the initial cost.

The problem with Nainggolan's deal is it is against the nature of inverse proportionality in terms of age and cost, which means:

A. We expect the longetivity of the deal comparable to that of a young player, if he fails initially.

Or

B: We get immediate results but his effectiveness is not limited to short term like other old acquisitions, because of the extra cost.

Or

C: He delivers absolute world class performance for one season and we let him off the hook for the rest.

The fact that he has barely made it to the pitch, let alone have his performance evaluated, is the reason why this deal has been a fiasco thus far.

Candreva is another high cost world class player I would not have signed.

Sometimes we are tempted to use quick fixes, which are fine, as long as we ensure the cost for quick fixes isn't that high and the expiry date of quick fixes isn't ridiculously short to the point that we will be needing to look for the same solution the season after.

To me, Nainggolan was a one season fix, we would be lucky to get two consistent world class seasons out of him after this.
    Wallace

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    Anyone know how long he is out for??

bump

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

he will certainly miss next serie A game, we will know more next week. Inter tweeted about him yesterday:

https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1103234517517717506 and https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1103234981193756672
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

drunk again, eh?
    Inter Banter era 2011-
    Italian for dummies:

regista- vecino
    trequartista- nainggolan
    fantasista- candreva
    prima punta- ranocchia

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Roma took advantage of us big time.
    What is the last player we got from them that didnít totally fk us on. I also donít think highly of Chivu but was it him?
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

20. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    He had to get injured, as we are not fucked as it is
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

23. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Being 30 wasnt a problem. Problem is his playing style relied on his physical attributes which were on the decline as of the beginning of 17/18 season. Take away his stamina, hard running and tough tackling there's not much left unfortunately.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

25. Thanks (1): TiGrr

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    When you sign a young player sometimes you pay extra for potential.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY