Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1774

Thread: Radja Nainggolan

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Poor on the ball, but ballon d'or level off it.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    but ballon d'or level off it.
    Do you mean like on the bench? I totally agree.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

With perisic and nainggolan we have two players who are world class off the ball. Who can boast that?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Reading this thread from the start, idiots claiming smoking does not effect an athlete how the fuck did I miss that
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Nainggolan snipes at Monchi and Zaniolo
    By Football Italia staff

Inter midfielder Radja Nainggolan bitterly criticised former Roma director Monchi and shrugged off NicolÚ Zaniolo comparisons. “It’s easy to have one good season.”

The Belgian has said before that his disagreement with then-director of sport Monchi – who has since returned to Sevilla – prompted him to leave the Capital.

“I had a very open rapport with him. He’d often call in six or seven most representative players and we’d all together talk about what was best for the club and the squad,” Nainggolan told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

“I felt important to the club. Then, I found out some of the things he’d been saying about me and I didn’t appreciate those… Just three days after he left Roma, the club he claimed to be in love with, he already had a deal for his return to Sevilla. That tells you a lot…

“Without Monchi, I could in theory have still been at Roma, or perhaps at another club anyway, because it’s possible Roma wanted to send me elsewhere.

“I chose my own destination because Luciano Spalletti pushed to have me and Inter represented the right decision.”

The midfielder moved to San Siro over the summer in exchange for cash plus teenager Zaniolo, who until then had never played in Serie A.

Within a few months, Zaniolo has become a regular in the Giallorossi line-up and made his senior Italy debut.

Nainggolan was asked if he was irritated by those claiming Roma got the better of that transfer?

“It’s not a problem for me, because everyone has his career path. I played for 10 years at a high level, nine of them very good and this season just ok.

“Zaniolo has played 20 Serie A games, 18 of them good… It’s only normal that they speak highly of young players, as nowadays they are given everything on a silver platter, whereas before you had to work a lot harder, even just to get into Serie B.

“I am happy for him and wish him all the best, as I am not envious of anybody. I just think about my own career and that’s it. It’s easy to have one good season, we’ll see in 10 years…”
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

He should let it go. Why does he keep talking about monchi and Roma? Jeez, it's like being in a relationship with a girl who keeps speaking ill of her ex, it makes you think she's pissed off at him cause she would still want to be with him.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    He should let it go. Why does he keep talking about monchi and Roma? Jeez, it's like being in a relationship with a girl who keeps speaking ill of her ex, it makes you think she's pissed off at him cause she would still want to be with him.
    He knows his best days are over. He can only talk about the past.

10. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    He knows his best days are over. He can only talk about the past.
    That was our managements fault and the coaches. How many minutes did they give Zaniolo? People go we can’t give youth players shots

Roma did and we are at their level actually way below their level based on champions league performance and scouting.

Now Bayern, Real, Barca, Man U and Juve give youth players a shot..... why can’t Inter?

Rather give a u21 kid from South America a shot that will cost us over 25 million(a Lautaro) or 35 million (gabi gol)

Then to give a youth player a shot.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Milan also did. Donnarumma, Calabria, Cutrone, Locatelli, De Sciglio etc.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Milan also did. Donnarumma, Calabria, Cutrone, Locatelli, De Sciglio etc.
    People complain players don’t feel the jersey but we have 99% foreign players.

For a kid who grew up in Milan and was in our youth system. Playing for inter is 1 step under a 4 way with 3 Victoria secret models or making the national team.

For a foreign player it’s an honor but playing at Milan is as well. But they’d go to Roma or Napoli for higher wages in a second.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    4, 10

Austria

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post

For a kid who grew up in Milan and was in our youth system. Playing for inter is 1 step under a 4 way with 3 Victoria secret models or making the national team.

For a foreign player it’s an honor but playing at Milan is as well. But they’d go to Roma or Napoli for higher wages in a second.

Yes, and fuck Zanetti for being a foreign player who loves the jersey, because it does not support your point; and fuck Balotelli for being an Italian player who went through Inter's youth sector just to dishonor the shirt. Man, this is so complicated, it almost seems like that there is no general assessment to be made. Sorry for being so condescending, but these generalizations are just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Geza; 14 Apr 19 at 16:02.

15. Thanks (1): Cůmi

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster

All I'm saying is that not every team that plays youth can find success. Milan is a good example since we could have taken the exact same path. It could have worked but it also could have failed, it's no winning recipe guarantee.

As long as these stupid unlimited foreigners rules are in place throughout the EU, I don't mind Inter not being reliant on Italians or youth team products. I'd prefer it if we were, but we shouldn't act as this is the only way to have a team. You use and integrate youth players once you have a solid core. Juventus doesn't have any youth products really. They let Marchisio go and now have barely started using Kean once the league was handed to them by FIGC since February.
    Inter also used Santon and Balotelli in the good times. We also had more youth players in the bad times. Didn't give them more chances but we did give them some playing exposure at least.
    Spalletti surely doesn't do that, we barely saw 2 kids in Europe by force, Karamoh and Salcedo in these two seasons.

It'd be best for the sport to go backwards but the majority of "fans" these days are consumers who want nothing to do with the real sport. They just want to see some teams sticking around at a given level, some players who they want to glorify and chase around wherever they go and essentially these fans have nothing to do with most teams either. And this is a place where we all know that you can get attached to some random team across the world, but those who stick around are those who find something they can identify with. Otherwise they jump ship. The majority of football fans around the world jumps ship, it's a fact. It's like following a band, fashion or a movie star for them. There is a big swing.

So if we are in a period where the fans don't even stay loyal (since most are in Asia and the Americas now), how can we expect players to be loyal? Doesn't matter where they come from. I do agree that there's a higher chance a local kid will be more loyal, but it's not a rule. For example our most loyal players thus far have been Handanovic, Skriniar and arguably Icardi despite the shenanigans. None were Italians. The rest who could have moved elsewhere are mostly sitting on their fat contracts. Granted that we didn't have mant Italian players. But seeing Ranocchia and Padelli react sometimes, you see something that's very pure and I'd love more of that. But not at the expense of quality.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Today, we have to hope Radja, Mauro and Perišić can muster up a win, because our squad looks appalling.
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yes he scored, but was shit otherwise with shit shots and bad passes...i hope he wakes up big time in he next games as we need him.
    Ziyad Of Boston

19. Thanks (1): Palacio

Canada

Yeah, he was mostly bad. Nice goal, and he did have a nice layoff to J.Mario on our counter-attack goal. He looks very slow.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

He did a lot better in defence than attack. I implore Spalletti to put Nainggolan into the midfield 2 against Roma (especially if Brozović still isn't ready, which he won't be). Put Joao Mario and/or Lautaro in the starting line up, because otherwise we will lose even the fourth spot in a few weeks.

22. Thanks (2): Palacio, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Did quite a lot today in defence, as wera pointed out. He actually worked his ass off, don't know what game you guys saw if you think he was "bad".
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

24. Thanks (5): CafeCordoba, GenDire, Hasan, MVD, Shark

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Masterclass defending today. More like today please.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    People complain players donít feel the jersey but we have 99% foreign players.

For a foreign player itís an honor but playing at Milan is as well. But theyíd go to Roma or Napoli for higher wages in a second.
    It's called Internazionale. Not AC Milan. We are built based on that we play players based on merit not based on nationality. If you want to see more Italian players you can support Milan or Juve but we were created because we wanted international players & not only Italians.

Also, we won the tripletta with no Italians on the pitch, so I'm not sure how not having Italians automatically makes us worse.

"This wonderful night bestows us with the colours of our crest: black and azure against a gilded backdrop of stars. It shall be called International, because we are brothers of the world."

ó 9 March 1908, Milan

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

That was the fairy tale origin story.

Now we choose players who have loan option with partial obligation to purchase.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

28. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro