Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 Defenders Rumours Thread

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    Regardless of who was in charge at the time, my point was that the right time to buy Ghoulam was around the time Napoli bought him now now.
    Your point could have been made without you being assured that the blame was definitely on Ausilio "not being there".

2. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    For the LB position, we should look to none other than our own boy Biraghi. Not on big wages, will count in our CL list as a homegrown product and is now in the Azzurri setup as well. 20 million is Fiorentina's demand which we should definitely splash by selling Dalbert.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I was watching the Liverpool - Spurs game before our night of misery. What I wouldn't give to have two fullbacks like Robertson and TAA! They defend better than our fullbacks and attack better than our fullbacks + wingers combined! And both can cross beautifully and take great free kicks and corners. Robertson cost Liverpool 9m, and TAA is homegrown.

If I could swap Icardi and Perisic for these two, I would do it in a flash. It would be €145m well spent. We just have to look back 10 years ago at Maicon & Zanetti to see how much impact a world class fullback can make.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Not sure about TAA, but Robertson has shown that he has IT. Perfect player for Klopp.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    @brehme
    Wallace

Greece

You want me to comment on that?

Trading Icardi and Perisic for fucking Trent Arnold Alexander and Robertson is like wanting to compete with Parma and their recent history. Let's also exchange Skriniar for Milner, we need to keep wera happy as well

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

10 years of FIF

Keep them coming bros, having fun reading those sweet ideas

9. Thanks (1): MusicalMafia

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    You want me to comment on that?

Trading Icardi and Perisic for fucking Trent Arnold Alexander and Robertson is like wanting to compete with Parma and their recent history. Let's also exchange Skriniar for Milner, we need to keep wera happy as well
    You are a traitor to your screen name

I was using a slightly extreme example to say how important world class fullbacks are in the modern game. Robertson is IMO the Player of the season in EPL, even though he will not win that award because defenders never win it. He is a world class fullback by any definition. TAA is one of the most exciting young FBs to emerge in recent years. Both are as responsible to Liverpool's success this season as are Mane, VVD, Salah, and maybe Alisson.

Our fullbacks are at best average. Our starting XI will actually be stronger if we had Robertson & TAA starting and no Perisic & Icardi. Thats how much impact top FBs can have (remember Maicon?). Of course we cannot buy TAA or Robertson because they are not available.

The point I am trying to make is that I would rather Inter spend 50m+ per fullback and get someone who will give us world class performances for many years, rather than keep on spending 5m-20m every year on mediocre fullbacks.

Greece

They are not responsible for Liverpool's success, they are by-products.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Is it the first time you've watched those WBs at Liverpool? They're dreadful defensively. Dreadful. Positioning, 1v1 tackling, weak-side covering. Dreadful. They make tons of mistakes every game.

But their crossing and fitness/engine is worldclass. Perfect fit for Klopp's high risk, high reward system. Outside of such a system, I'm not sure how they'll fare.

It's why VanD gets rated so highly. Since he's massively transformed that defense in poise, composure, positioning etc. Massive.

They also didn't really cost any money. Robertson was like 10M and Arnold is from their academy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Quote Originally Posted by n4l View Post
    Is it the first time you've watched those WBs at Liverpool? They're dreadful defensively. Dreadful. Positioning, 1v1 tackling, weak-side covering. Dreadful. They make tons of mistakes every game.

But their crossing and fitness/engine is worldclass. Perfect fit for Klopp's high risk, high reward system. Outside of such a system, I'm not sure how they'll fare.

It's why VanD gets rated so highly. Since he's massively transformed that defense in poise, composure, positioning etc. Massive.

They also didn't really cost any money. Robertson was like 10M and Arnold is from their academy.
    I think I might have seem almost all Liverpool's games this season, maybe I missed one or two. Kinda like watching them play, ditto City & Wolves. I live in England mate, I know English football reasonably well.

IMO from an attacking point of view, Robertson contributes more than our Left Back and Left Winger combined. When a FB attacks so much, of course there will be something missed in defence. Liverpool use their FBs almost like wingbacks, but that doesn't mean they are dreadful in defending. TAA is better defensive than most of our FBs, he has made some awesome tackles this season including one on Sunday against Spurs. But they contribute so much to the attack, it makes sense to use them they way Klopp does. Its the same as when we had Maicon - his attacking performance more than made up for what we missed defensively. We desperately need another Maicon. Would you not pay 50m+ for a young Maicon?

I have seen TAA outside of the Klopp system (for England) and he is just as effective. He has strong competition from Trippier & Walker for the RB spot, but I think he will make that starting position his own soon enough. Excellent young prospect.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 02 Apr 19 at 19:41.

14. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    According to Pedulla, Nicolas Tagliafico is on Inter's list for the fullback position along with Biraghi and Di Lorenzo of Empoli. Atletico and EPL teams are also interested in him and he is valued at around 30m.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    What the fuck? At least in World Cup he wasn't anything special.

30m€? GTFO

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Kieran Tierney would be a great LB choice
    Dunno how much would he cost tho, probably too much for Inter anyway
    And he is EPL bound, every young Scotts dream to play in EPL no?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Di Lorenzo can play both flanks but he's no left back. I think I mentioned him last season when he was at Serie B but I recall him as a right back.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    What the fuck? At least in World Cup he wasn't anything special.

30m€? GTFO
    Yes but he's very, very important for Ajax right now and they are in a very strong position. He's having a wonderful season. I'm not sure we really need a left back. There are more important positions we have to fill due to a bigger lack of quality such as right back, midfield and wingers. I think Asamoah is decent enough for another season.

Fav. Player
    J.R. Cruz

Netherlands

10 years of FIF
    Tagliafico, yes please.

Nonetheless agree with that the rightwingback position is more important to look at.
    JULIO RICARDO CRUZ - TUTTI I GOL CONTRO LA RUBENTUS

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Kieran Tierney would be a great LB choice
    Dunno how much would he cost tho, probably too much for Inter anyway
    And he is EPL bound, every young Scotts dream to play in EPL no?

I'd jizz everywhere if he came. Nobody would be allowed to utter a bad word about him. Since he's a celtic fan there is a good chance he's also a Liverpool fan but they don't need a LB. As to the dream pretty sure he's just wanted to play for Celtic
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    We getting Darmian so Dumbo's reign of terror can continue till 2070 on that RB spot

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    We getting Darmian so Dumbo's reign of terror can continue till 2070 on that RB spot

If Conte is indeed going to be our next coach, then we'll have the pleasure to enjoy both D'Ambrosio and Darmian at the same time. D'Ambrosio as a right cb and Darmian as a right wingback.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

27. Thanks (1): MVD