2018/2019 Midfielders Rumours Thread

New season, new thread

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

THIS GUY NOOOW!

4. Thanks (3): Dylan, MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

THIS GUY NOOOW!
    I don’t like we are getting such old players.....

Unless it’s Modric or Rakitic I don’t want any more over 30 players especially if they aren’t free transfers
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

6. Thanks (1): Linege

Indonesia

Think of him as jube getting pirlo,
    dembele has more football IQ than guarin, melo and medel combined
    he can teach a trick or two to our young player

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    I dont like the things they said about him in the news, regarding he will need to choose between Inter or go to China.
    I dont understand why he already thinks about going to China in the first place, is it being money wise? or just lazy?
    Come on, he is still fit enough playing in highest league competition, not in China.

Poland

We won't win shit with all-young team, no matter how talented. You need brains too.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I don’t like we are getting such old players.....

Unless it’s Modric or Rakitic I don’t want any more over 30 players especially if they aren’t free transfers
    time to wake up and get back to reallity Crzd...haha

FcIN - Ausilio does not stop: mid-week new contacts for Dembelé

After filing the capital gains issue, for which there is still time until tomorrow, and having given the first five pieces to Luciano Spalletti for the next season (De Vrij, Asamoah, Lautaro Martinez, Nainggolan and Politano), Piero Ausilio does not stop. The ds of Inter, in addition to continuing to work incessantly for Malcom (which today has not presented in retirement with Bordeaux), as reported by the editors of FcInterNews.it, mid-week will entertain new contacts to get to Mousa Dembelé, that as anticipated is the first choice of the Nerazzurri technician for the mediana of his new Inter. Updates are expected during the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Carvalho, il presidente dello Sporting chiede 25 milioni all'Inter

SPORTING'S PRESIDENT WANTS 25MIL FROM INTER FOR CARVALHO,and not 10 as Inter offered.O'Jogo reports

haha,ok no thanks I don't want this guy,get Dembele ffs

11. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Vietnam

Why could Sporting ask for money though? I think Gelson Carvalho Fernandes are free players, aren't they?

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Well they think themselves that they are free and Sporting Lisbon don't think they are free. I don't think you can just announce that my contract is void now. That shit will go to courts and it will drag for quite a while. I wouldn't touch these players.

14. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    R9

Trinidad & Tobago

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Biscione View Post
    We won't win shit with all-young team, no matter how talented. You need brains too.
    I think this is what will happen to france for the world cup.
    Last edited by Trininerazzuri; 29 Jun 18 at 21:49.

16. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Hernan Crespo

Indonesia

What I cannot understand is why Spalo is leaning on getting Dembele.
    "Supporting Inter means deciding to make your life complicated. It's like supporting the Indians against the Cowboys, it means having a touch of masochism and melancholy. We know we have chosen a difficult love, but this makes it even more beautiful"

-Beppe Severgnini-

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Strong and technical player for our midfield. But I am afraid we are not getting him
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

19. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Biscione View Post
    I agree that every team needs experience and not just talent but IMO, you have to create that experience in house. Handanovic is a good example of an experienced player who's been here for many years performing at the highest level. Players like Icardi and Brozovic also have the potential to become such players.

Look at the experienced players in Real Madrid for example. Almost all of them have been there since they were youngsters. Now that Madrid have a core, they slowly integrate younger players into that core.

Buying older players who can perform for only 1,2 or 3 years is not that helpful towards building a core.

I think any player that we go after should at least have the potential to be a starter for 5 years.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We aren't even an all young team.

Perisic, Candreva, Valero, D'Ambrosio, Asamoah, Miranda, Handanovic are not youngsters for God's sake.

These were all starters from last season (Asamoah starter for Juve even) , and we are planning to add more age to that.

One Nainggolan is seriously sufficient as far as the midfield goes. Unless Dembele can somehow come cheap.
    Wallace

22. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Look at the experienced players in Real Madrid for example. Almost all of them have been there since they were youngsters. Now that Madrid have a core, they slowly integrate younger players into that core.
    That's not a good analogy.
    Real Madrid got most of them when they were world class. They got Ramos as a 17 teenage prodigy from Sevilla. They got Modric when he was the best midfielder in the Premier League, they got Kroos when he was the best midfielder since Ballack in Germany, they got Cristiano after a wonder season at Man Utd and it wasn't even his peak, they got Benzema who was supposed to be the best talent out of France, they got Robben and Sneijder when they were considered borderline world class, they got Kaka when he was supposed to be one of the best attacking midfielders around. They got Xabi Alonso when he was one of the best deep playmakers in the world. They got James when he was the best thing around. They got Di Maria when the hype was too high. They got Bale if a transfer record. Their age does not matter, their market profile does. These were players that only a select few clubs could afford at the time they were signed by Real Madrid.

They did get Higuain, Marcelo, Casemiro, Varane and a few others that were stars in the making, but all of the above were not signed at the same time. And all of them were surrounded by home grown Real Madrid talent. Real Madrid also is the most appealing club in the world and one of the richest if not the richest. So the fact that they already have a decent core from their club grown players and can afford to sign 5 world class players at their peak gives them an advantage.

But their transfer turnover was incredibly high before their CL run. They stuck with a few of their high profile signings and they ended up being the core. Where is James, how long did Kaka, Sneijder, Robben, Di Maria, Ozil etc stick around? How long did other 'prospect signings' stick around? Garay, Granero, Negredo, Pedro Leon, Canales, Callejon, Khedira, Sahin, Drenthe, Illarramendi, Danilo.... Sure, they stuck with some players like Kovacic and Coentrao who were signed as prospects but they never made it to the first team. That's 65-70m not being used for the first team and no one even cared at Real Madrid.

And even Real Madrid with their "sign world class players at a young age" had to get Ricardo Carvalho to lead the defence when he was 32.

We're 3-5 years away from being able to follow that Real Madrid strategy. And that's 3-5 years of contending for lo Scudetto and being an important Champions League team.

It's funny that you're one of the people who call transfers like SMS unrealistic, yet you want to emulate Real Madrid who in our place would have grabbed SMS before we'd even think about it. Because if you want to emulate Real Madrid your targets would be Milinkovic-Savic, James Rodriguez and Mbappe...

24. Thanks (2): chipschups, sikman

Vietnam

I'm not excited by our targets for CM. Carvalho looks too slow and nothing special except his strength. Dembele is good but he is indeed a little too old to spend 20m+ on, we can't be sure how long he can play at the high level. Dembele is still the better option out of the 2 but I hope we get another one. Good CM is not as rare as good full back, I don't know why we insist on getting one of these two.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    According to Di Marzio, Dembele has put Inter's offer on hold as he would rather wait until the end of the Chinese transfer window before making his decision. I like Dembele but i find this report really worrying. We should get players who have the motivation to succeed at Inter and not players who just look for a retirement home.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well, it's a two way thing.

We get an "experienced" borderline "World class" player, he gets a safe and good contract to earn the most while he declines.
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

I wouldnt dare comparing our squad and mercato to Juve and yet people actually comparing us to Real lol they are an alien to us.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt dare comparing our squad and mercato to Juve and yet people actually comparing us to Real lol they are an alien to us.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

29. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, crzdcolombian

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    According to Di Marzio, Dembele has put Inter's offer on hold as he would rather wait until the end of the Chinese transfer window before making his decision. I like Dembele but i find this report really worrying. We should get players who have the motivation to succeed at Inter and not players who just look for a retirement home.
    LOL
    Dembele is really looking for money then. How motivated this guy is if he's waiting for China? Money is important for everyone but we shouldn't concentrate on players who are considering China as a real option.

Also, that report of Di Marzio can be total bollocks. Just to feed the readers / followers when nothing has happened in that front