Page 134 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3020

Thread: 2018/2019 Midfielders Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Gundogan would be awesome. Any quality midfielder good on the ball who can pass and create is welcome. Getting someone like Gundogan will also reduce our dependancy on Brozovic for ball distribution.

2. Thanks (1): Besnik

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Swap Nainggolan for Gondugan?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Swap Nainggolan for Gondugan?
    Nainggolan even in his heyday was never the kind of midfielder that Pep likes in his team. I seriously doubt City would be interested in 9G now.

If we can get Gundogan, I would keep Nainggolan and get rid of Mario/Vecino.

6. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, DARi0

Gundogan would be fantastic! It really looks like Man City will not offer him a new contract, meaning he has a year left. Could we possibly land him for around 30 mil then? I should think yes!

Imagine our midfield for next season would then be: Brozo, Naingolan and Gundogan. Fantastic combo of steel and creativity!

But then yes, we would definitely have to sell one of Vecino or Gagli.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Why would they not offer him a new contract? He has been quite good for them.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Inter scout Gundogan tonight
    By Football Italia staff

Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio is rumoured to be in London for tonight’s Champions League match between Tottenham and Manchester City, with eyes on Ilkay Gundogan.

According to FcInterNews.it, the Germany international midfielder has been in their sights for some time.

Last summer Suning had asked for information regarding Gundogan’s availability, but City boss Pep Guardiola deemed him unsellable for under €60m.

However, the 28-year-old’s contract is up next summer and a move to Inter could be on the table, as City are looking at midfield replacements.

The ex-Borussia Dortmund man has scored five times in 41 games this season and is also of interest of Inter Chairman Beppe Marotta, who tried to take him to Juventus in 2016.
    Lol, next is we gonna scout Messi or Neymar?

Why would Gundogan leave for us? He'll probably get offers from all other Premier League top teams and teams such as Bayern, PSG,... He's just out of our league.

I hope we won't end up again trying for a player who's never gonna come and therefore miss our realistic targets.

He has a contract until 2020 btw.

10. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Why would they not offer him a new contract? He has been quite good for them.
    They already have. It seems the player hasn't decided yet whether he wants to stay or not.

Ilkay Gundogan leaves door open for 'new challenge' with Manchester City contract due to run out next summer

Less than 48 hours after Pep Guardiola had told Ilkay Gundogan that he “wants to feel that he wants to stay” at Manchester City, it would have been very easy for the Germany midfielder to tell his manager exactly what he wanted to hear.

Sat next to Guardiola at a press conference to preview the second leg of their Champions League Round of 16 tie against Schalke at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday, few could have blamed Gundogan had he plumped for the easy option and delivered a few platitudes when quizzed about his future.

But Gundogan had no intention of side-stepping some difficult questions, just as he insisted he will not be pressured into signing a new contract with City as he left the door open to a move. “There is no decision yet otherwise I would have signed or rejected a contract,” said Gundogan, whose side are firm favourites to progress to the quarter-finals after coming from 2-1 down with 10 men to beat Schalke 3-2 in the first leg in Germany.

“We are still in talks but I don’t feel there is much pressure, maybe also because we are still competing in all the competitions and want to go as far as possible in everything we are competing in. So obviously one day there has to be a decision but I am very happy at the moment here, especially about how we play under Pep, and that is the main thing.”

Out of contract at the end of next season, talks over a new deal have stalled and, unless that changes over the coming months, City may have to consider cashing in on Gundogan this summer, or risk losing him for nothing in just over a year’s time. Both scenarios are unpalatable for City. Not only is Gundogan the only quality replacement they have in defensive midfield for Fernandinho, as he is showcasing in the absence of the injured Brazilian at the moment, the threat of a transfer window ban from Fifa, who are investigating the club’s recruitment practices, is another potential complication.

Whether that stand-off contributed to a slightly awkward silence between Guardiola and Gundogan as they faced the media on Monday is hard to know. But there was none of the bonhomie that usually exists between manager and player in these situations and, given the admiration they both have for each other, it felt a little odd that neither so much as cast a glance in the other’s direction.

Asked why he would contemplate leaving a club that offers so much, Gundogan made a point of stressing that his next contract could determine where he finishes his playing career and that, at 28, he had to consider the prospect of embracing a new challenge elsewhere.

“This is something everyone has to decide for themselves,” Gundogan said. “I am 28 years old now so my next contract will maybe decide where I will be for the end of my career. Everyone feels different. Maybe someone has an inner feeling in his self to go for a new challenge or to change something.

“If you see on my [curriculum] vitae you can read that I am always open-minded for challenges but it is a personal situation. This is something that is not obvious.
    “Everyone has to make his own decision. At the moment I try to play as good as possible and I guess after the season we are going to talk again.”
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah why would Gundogan pick Inter at this point of his career?

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    And then we ask ourselves why can't we be consistent in winning, because we buy Vecino like players and not top players... Or even very talented players who are not that expensive but are talented for sure... Lautaro, Skriniar like deals should be done more often if we can't afford top players
    However our scouting is shit, Ausilio is too blame
    Maybe Spallo wanted Vecino ok but it's Ausilio's job to evaluate if he is good enough for Inter and he has the final say in if we should buy him, well before Suning approves it financially, but the sporting part is on Ausilio who did more Vecino's than Skrinar like moves.
    The sporting director should decide who to buy, not owners who have no clue about players (Suning with Mario and Gabiboy dear lord) not the coach(Mancini with Melo, Candreva, Spallo with Nainggolan)
    But it seems Ausilio is ok with doing everything the other guys tell him
    He is like whatever, sure I'm getting paid anyway and then if it fails it ain't my fault anyway, I'm staying here till 2070 anyway LOL good times
    No fucking backbone from the man.
    The chain of command at Inter is retarded... Hopefully with Marotta things will be more in order, and if Ausilio keeps fucking up the mercatos... Now that SA is no longer an excuse for his incomepetence

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Why are you blaming someone for what you think his role should be like?

The manager said I will accept your offer if I can bring an x amount of players I personally want. What will the sporting director do when the ownership has never given him the authority and responsibility to reject the manager's decision? All he can do is sabotage a deal he doesn't want and make it seem like the other club refused to cooperate. It was Sabatini's job to refuse Spalletti's choices just like it is Marotta's job now.

Ausilio's job so far was to recommend players to Thohir, Sabatini and/or the manager. Now it is to Marotta who also wants to be involved in the transfer deals. He is a glorified head of scouting.

The biggest fuck up so far was Dalbert who Sabatini also approved (as he did with Skriniar and Vecino and Valero). And that was mostly on Ausilio who personally thought he was the real deal or believed too much in the scout report he was given that he insisted that this was the best LB available for us at that price (which was 12m cash iirc and around as much in bonuses etc).

For some reason Ausilio is considered a person with too many responsibilities and authorities when in fact he's just a face the management is using to avoid having to answer real questions.

He does his actual job pretty well I'd say. He doesn't do his imaginary job well at all, so if you think he's the guy to bash either think before bashing or just keep doing it if you think you found the real answer.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Bild claims Juventus is close to signing Julian Brandt for 25m€ fuck my life.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Why so cheap?

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Why so cheap?
    Release clause. So it's basically Brandt who chooses his next team as most teams in Europe can easily afford it.
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    MS37, SH1, MB77

United States

Swoop in and steal that because this kid is going to be world class. Much rather him than Gundogan

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Release clause. So it's basically Brandt who chooses his next team as most teams in Europe can easily afford it.
    German clubs are the worst when it comes to selling big, they are hopeless...

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Julian Brandt 25m.

But I'm "stuck in the past" for saying that even Juventus gets starters for those fees when people promote wasting 50 and 60 millions we do not have on random prospects.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a reply to your nonsense:

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    I'm so tired of people on this forum hearing a transfer fee and expressing their knee-jerk reaction that it's "way too much!" I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 30 million from your youth in the 90s isn't the same as 30 million today. Football revenues are at a record high across the world. Clubs and players are making (and thus have) more money than ever before. The consequence of that is transfer fees have gone up for EVERY player, because more clubs have money to bid on players. It doesn't matter what a player is "worth," it matters what people are willing to pay for them to ensure they acquire them.

This is basic supply/demand economics. Just be happy clubs are investing money into making their teams better rather than being like the Della Valle's at Fiorentina and simply lining their pockets.
    Juventus will not be signing him for 25m. They will tip his club around 20m just to fall under the 'market' parameters as dreamed by the FIF members.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    It's not my nonsense I just said it. Source is Bild.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Tuttosport says he should have 8milion reasons to do so... Number of Euros we are offering him to join us...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

The Sun says we have a chance to sign Eriksen... Lmao

26. Thanks (2): GenDire, MVD

Italy

This will be a hard pill to swallow. Assuming it's even a good cure
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Gündoğan is exactly the type of transfer that we have been lacking - regista [Modric], ideal age and good CV. Very tidy in possession and ability to pass the ball. Reached maturity, would be glad to have him!

I was thinking the same. Let`s hope he is looking for a new challenge [I think he is usually a backup at Man City?] and not just the highest possible wage..

On other news, Inter are reportedly considering a bid for Roma and Italy midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini.

According to Tuttosport, the Nerazzurri think he would be the perfect signing for their midfield next season and would not be put off by his €30m release clause, which is valid for the next two years.

Pellegrini returned to the Olimpico in the summer of 2017 for around €10m after spending the previous two years at Sassuolo under Coach Eusebio Di Francesco.

Now that Di Francesco has been fired from the Giallorossi job, Pellegrini’s future at the club could be uncertain...

» midfielder: Nicolò Barella [€45m] / İlkay Gündoğan / Lorenzo Pellegrini [€30m release clause, which is valid for the next two years] / Stefano Sensi [rumoured asking price €25m] / Sandro Tonali

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE