Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018/2019 Goalkeepers Rumours Thread

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

And how many time he solely saving our asses?
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Vatican

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Another 4 years of blunders and capturing goals? No please, enough is enough. Handanovic is a top goalkeeper, but he has been declining slowly and has cost us many games last season, I’m not saying he is the problem, well he is not even a problem so far. But searching for a replacement from now is a perfect step.
    He cost us many games last season?
    Care to name 3 of them? 3 <<<< many so it should be very easy for you to back that statement.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Ireland

I really don't get these claims that he's declining. It goes without saying that every goalkeeper has a bad game here and there, it's a given. He was absolutely shit against Torino, no doubt, but it's one of not even a handful of times I can say that about his time at Inter. He's a top keeper and has been his entire time at the club, we've been punching above our weight keeping him this entire time.

When you talk about a goalkeeper in decline, you look at Petr Cech who has been a walking disaster since joining Arsenal. Makes mistakes regularly throughout the course of a season and is left downright humiliated by his performances, that's a goalkeeper in decline. If it wasn't for Arsne Wenger, he'd be between the posts on a ground in China long ago.

Handanovic is absolutely nowhere near that, he is a top keeper and it's delusional to look at Inter's team and say goalkeeper is a weak position.

5. Thanks (1): RobertMugabe

India

Whenever I see Joma I think of Jomario, what's the actual joke here though? Roma are a Joke so Joma??

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    Whenever I see Joma I think of Jomario, what's the actual joke here though? Roma are a Joke so Joma??

Its about shit logo.

8. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Exclusive: Inter were offered €35m Chelsea target by Raiola

Inter are pondering a future without Samir Handanovic, and are considering a major splash for a goalkeeper, Fabrizio Romano writes exclusively for Calciomercato.

Our transfer market insider adds that the Nerazzurri already received a big offer on their table back in the summer. His name? Alphonse Areola, who was considered to be on his way out of Paris Saint-Germain because of Gigi Buffon’s arrival, and wanted a move to Chelsea.

The Frenchman had, in fact, already asked to be transferred, seeing Buffon’s arrival as a slap in the face after winning the job from Kevin Trapp the previous season.

Agent Mino Raiola went as far as to offer France’s third shotstopper to Inter, but the idea didn’t really entice them. The Nerazzurri are still banking on Handanovic to be their starter this year.

Yet they are still wondering about the future, and now is the time to be making the most of the fact that Areola is in the final year of his deal.

Roma and Napoli were also interested last summer, but that’s not all. Rumours are coming from Paris that PSG want to offer Areola a new deal until 2023, and that he is inching ahead of Gigi Buffon in Thomas Tuchel’s hierarchy.

10. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    why would we major splash for Areola when his contract is expiring in 2019? He can be signed him for free.

Alphonse Areola? No thanks. This is how Inter responded to the offer of Mino Raiola, agent of promising French goalkeeper.

#RiPrendiRafinha + #PrendiNicolòBarella

NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

12. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Tbf i'd like him here, not often you get a good keeper like that on a free and can at least compete with Handanovic, apparently he was pissed about Buffon being signed after he won the spot during last season. If we can arrange a contract for him after January that would be ideal in my eyes
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Julio Cesar

Canada

What about Armani, I heard he is good by some people I actually respect, so he is good?

- - - Updated - - -

What about Armani, I heard he is good by some people I actually respect, so he is good?

United States

Maybe in South America but not for us

17. Thanks (2): MVD, SiamoNoi

Vatican

Why do people underrate Padelli? The guy is very good. I didn't even understand why Torino played Joe fucking Hart over him, he saved their asses a lot the previous year. Stupid marketing move is my guess.

Half the teams in the league would have him as a starter and at least 3 more could potentially use him as a starter. I'd even say he could challenge for a starting spot at both Lazio and Roma who have subpar keepers.

19. Thanks (3): dax21, Pajo, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Why do you think Strakosha is subpar?
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

21. Thanks (2): MVD, SiamoNoi

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Strakosha is having his second season as a starter in Lazio and has been quite solid so far. He is also a starter in the national team of Albania and he is only 23 though. There is plenty of room for improvement, especially in term of experience but as for now he's one of the hottest prospects in Europe.

On a noter note, Olsen has also been great for Roma so far. I wonder do some people even watch football or just judge by reading stuff on the web.

23. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Strakosha is having his second season as a starter in Lazio and has been quite solid so far. He is also a starter in the national team of Albania and he is only 23 though. There is plenty of room for improvement, especially in term of experience but as for now he's one of the hottest prospects in Europe.

On a noter note, Olsen has also been great for Roma so far. I wonder do some people even watch football or just judge by reading stuff on the web.
    Agreed. Their sporting director should also be hired by Inter.

Vatican

I've been watching Olsen for several years now (saw him for a season in Greece and then I watch Copenhagen a lot coz a friend plays there). He's not at the level you look for in a GK for an Italian team that wants to play in CL. When you go from Alisson to Olsen, there's just an evident gap there. It's not like he sucks, but there were far better options out there.

Same applies to Strakosha. I even knew him when he was a kid as his father (also a GK) worked for a team over here and he was part of the youth team, even watched him a couple of times play back then. That was around 8-10 years ago, can't remember well. Can't say he stood out but he became really good at Panionios before moving to Lazio.

Strakosha is good enough for Parma and Cagliari, teams who will be happy to finish 10th. He has potential of course, but usually great GKs show their class before their 22nd birthday. Experience can make them better and overcome some of their weaknesses, but that's not something that usually happens for them in their 20s.
    Buffon's positioning has been below average (from a small pool of top GKs that is) until he was 32+ or something and this was a GK overhyped by the age of 16.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Olsen didn't arrive as an exciting purchase in Roma but his performances were great so far. We can probably say that Roma's management doesn't know what they are doing, as they could surely afford a well known name to replace Alisson, but only time will tell that, and so far Olsen is doing his job more than good enough. I have seen a few of Copenhagen's games last season and I could say that Olsen was average at best but like I said, so far in Roma he is pretty good.

Different environment, better team in overall (team organisation, and also better defence, ect act) plays a huge part in these situations. Copenhagen was pretty shit last season as I have followed Danish league here and there.

As for Strakosha, he has been amongst the most important players of Lazio last season and also this season as well. I'm not going into details in this one but its surprising that you're mentioning Parma and Cagliari despite that he has been more than good enough for Lazio so far.

Poland

After watching two Athletic games this season, Unai Simon tops my list of Realistic Handanovic replacements. The kid has enormous talent, some top saves and seems not to be intimidated by big games (today at Camp Nou he really seemed like he didn't care). Problem? Its Athletic. Not sure what his release clause is but you probably can't buy him for less.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    we are looking at Cragno(Cagliari GK) as post Handa replacement...hmmm...not bad,but...hard to say really.He is better than Dollarruma for sure tbh

I approve of him tbh
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

29. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Touted as being the best young GK in the league.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD