Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1429

Thread: Matteo Politano

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    Politano has seperated from his wife. This is why

https://www.fcinter1908.it/ultimora/...moglie-scopre/

Edit: this has been posted already but if he can't show loyalty to his wife then don't expect him to show loyalty to us.
    So apparently he is a smoker. What an asshole. That’s why he always looks tired by the 60th minute.
    Forza Inter

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Lol, not again with the smoking thing.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

3. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    I'm shocked of the different vision in both FIF (this forum) and another forum i participate in, it's actually a group of FB of Inter fans who speak Spanish (basically 99% people from mexico or southamerica), there are many people posting etc... thing is they rate players like Vecino and Politano so, so so, highly that they are totally against sell them even if it's for 20-25 which is enough.

5. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Lol, not again with the smoking thing.
    What’s your problem? We know a lot of footballers smoke. Nainggolan smokes but he performs. Politano has serious stamina issues, how many matches did he finish the whole 90 minutes last season?
    Forza Inter

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    What’s your problem? We know a lot of footballers smoke. Nainggolan smokes but he performs. Politano has serious stamina issues, how many matches did he finish the whole 90 minutes last season?
    Actually the number is just 8 + 1 (coppa game that he was subbed after 105 minutes). And most of the times he was subbed out after 85 minutes and that's because Spalletti had this tendency to put Keita or Candreva in just to give them an appearance, or rarely a second striker, for like 2-5 minutes at times.

Smoking has nothing to do with Spalletti subbing Politano off after 88 or 91 minutes... If Politano had the issues you're talking about, he'd be subbed off after 60 minutes tops. And at all clubs he played for, especially just before signing for us. The main reason was Perisic being Spalletti's pet boy and rarely was taken off.

In fact, at Sassuolo he finished the whole game 15 times of the 33 he started and was subbed off after 85 minutes 9 times, so that's 24/33 he played for at least 85 minutes. But at Sassuolo they had a heavy rotation up there and yet Politano finished off the season ranking 3rd in minutes for Sassuolo.

And yes, smoking affects all people, including players, but there aren't "serious stamina issues" for Politano. His main problem is his limited quality. He's at best a rotation player with a very specific role and he's not really played that one at Inter and there's no such role for him under Conte anyway. He always runs too much and gets tired as a result. That's true. What's also true is that perhaps he'd feel better if he wasn't smoking. But it's a non-factor.

Marco Verratti is the most notorious smoker from all Italian players and I don't think you'll find anyone complain about his stamina or work rate. For example, you can see here that he's #3 in PSG for the CL: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...s/#order=3desc

Neymar also smokes a lot. Don't think he flops because of that. Ronaldo also used to smoke a lot. You think that's why he got injured? Because he was pretty unstoppable when he was playing.
    Smoking takes a toll on a person in the long run, not the short run. Especially for guys who train all day. A couch potato that smokes all day will not be in any capacity to train and would see improvements upon quitting, a professional player quitting will have improvements in his health over a period of several years, not the next week.

Cannot believe this place has me defend a practice that I despise because of these overreactions.

Conte uomo di merda

8. Thanks (1): Lui

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

*lights cigarette*

So I'm invincible in the short term eh?
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

10. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Cannot believe this place has me defend a practice that I despise because of these overreactions.
    Like someone who’s fighting with smoking last 20 years allow me to tell you to stfu.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Actually the number is just 8 + 1 (coppa game that he was subbed after 105 minutes). And most of the times he was subbed out after 85 minutes and that's because Spalletti had this tendency to put Keita or Candreva in just to give them an appearance, or rarely a second striker, for like 2-5 minutes at times.

Smoking has nothing to do with Spalletti subbing Politano off after 88 or 91 minutes... If Politano had the issues you're talking about, he'd be subbed off after 60 minutes tops. And at all clubs he played for, especially just before signing for us. The main reason was Perisic being Spalletti's pet boy and rarely was taken off.

In fact, at Sassuolo he finished the whole game 15 times of the 33 he started and was subbed off after 85 minutes 9 times, so that's 24/33 he played for at least 85 minutes. But at Sassuolo they had a heavy rotation up there and yet Politano finished off the season ranking 3rd in minutes for Sassuolo.

And yes, smoking affects all people, including players, but there aren't "serious stamina issues" for Politano. His main problem is his limited quality. He's at best a rotation player with a very specific role and he's not really played that one at Inter and there's no such role for him under Conte anyway. He always runs too much and gets tired as a result. That's true. What's also true is that perhaps he'd feel better if he wasn't smoking. But it's a non-factor.

Marco Verratti is the most notorious smoker from all Italian players and I don't think you'll find anyone complain about his stamina or work rate. For example, you can see here that he's #3 in PSG for the CL: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...s/#order=3desc

Neymar also smokes a lot. Don't think he flops because of that. Ronaldo also used to smoke a lot. You think that's why he got injured? Because he was pretty unstoppable when he was playing.
    Smoking takes a toll on a person in the long run, not the short run. Especially for guys who train all day. A couch potato that smokes all day will not be in any capacity to train and would see improvements upon quitting, a professional player quitting will have improvements in his health over a period of several years, not the next week.

I also cannot believe you wrote a long ass post and missed the main point.

I have no idea why did you bring other smokers to the conversation, when it’s clear I was talking about Politano specifically because dude gets tired at around 70 minutes most of the times last season, despite not being subbed off. There was huge quality drop. And no, smoking could affect players even in the short run, even when he is training everyday. Just because Verratti, Nainggolanand Neymar smoke and are doing a good job, doesnt mean every player can smoke and perform. People have different levels of lung efficiency, cardiovascular capabilities, all this affect athletes.

Smoking is a bad habit, that being said I didnt say smoking affect footballers in general, I also brought Nainggolan as an example of player who’s known as a heavy smoker, yet at one point he was one of the best midfielders in Italy and runs like tirelessly. All I was saying Politano gets tired easily and seeing him smoking just pissed me off, as it could be a factor.
    Last edited by Batman; 24 Jan 20 at 22:22.
    Forza Inter

13. Thanks (2): delaurentis, varmin

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Being reported that Napoli agreed. 2mil loan, 19 mil obligation + 2 mil in bonuses.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

15. Thanks (4): Ethor, IM21, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

Agreement reached between Naples and Inter for Politano: loan with redemption obligation for a total of 21 million euros plus another 2 million bonus. Medical visits are scheduled for Monday, so far there is no Llorente in the operation.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...31705277390848

Nicolo Schira of the Gazzetta dello Sport, agents wanted and tried to include Fernando Llorente in the deal between Inter and Napoli for Politano but Antonio Conte said no.

17. Thanks (3): Fitzy, Palacio, Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Firstly, a great deal overall. Like Lazaro though, I wish we could've got a bit more in the initial loan fee, especially in this case as it's an 18 month loan.

Secondly, smoking is great. I highly recommend you all join in on this most noble of hobbies.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Thanks (4): InterFCAustin, Lui, MVD, rockball

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

As a fan who was hoping for the best with Matteo, best he leave cause he just didn't work out for Inter.

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Secondly, smoking is great. I highly recommend you all join in on this most noble of hobbies.
    Maybe we could send all smokers to Australia. The cost of a pack alone would make 95% of them quit it instantly

Batman, I'm not disagreeing but you are exaggerating the effects of it on Politano. It's not easy for anyone to run and play at the same level over 90 minutes. Quality drops even for the most fit and healthy person out there. As I said earlier, Politano was probably Sassuolo's best player before we got him and was 3rd in minutes just behind their GK and Acerbi. It will become an issue for him when he's 33-35, not today.

Conte uomo di merda

22. Thanks (1): Jacquez

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

He was unlucky this season. Just when he was supposed to demonstrate his worth the fucker from Borussia almost broke his leg. Plus his private life made a big impact on his performance on the pitch as well. Apparently Marotta&Conte don't tolerate footballers who have unbalanced private life too.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

24. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Good deal, missing 2m€ from the initial reported figures but don't care. We get actual cash by giving Politano away, which is just great. We even make some minor plusvalenza.

We need these type of sales when it doesn't work out at Inter with the given player.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Pedulla reports slightly different figures about Politano move to Napoli. 3m loan with obligation to buy for 19m plus 2m bonuses.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

27. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Sky are reporting now (almost) the same figures as Pedulla. 2.5m loan with obligation to buy for 19m plus 2m bonuses.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

29. Thanks (2): MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Hopefully he scores against roma, that would be delicious.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    He is benched by a 17 year old.... just take what they offer and then invest it on a new player

We basically trading him for Giroud and Eriksen

Why drag shit out for 1-2 million
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Let's get this wrapped ASAP. Roma have supposedly bought that goon from Barca who scored against us, Carles Perez, so that's their replacement winger done. Pray this move doesn't fall through.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

33. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin