Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 155562636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1429

Thread: Matteo Politano

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by satubito View Post
    Marotta stepped in and took the necessary steps to block a deal where we were getting a player that has played 2 full 90 minute games this season only. Rube got a shit ton of money for Spinazzola and his value has dropped almost half. Politano would have contributed way more for Roma than Leonardo for us. Ausilio is just a little too quick on the trigger button. Can't blame Marotta for this. Just cash in on Matteo and use the cash properly ffs.
    Politano has played 0 full 90 minute games this season. He has 0 goals and 0 assists. Wtf has he contributed for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossati
    Every time an interesting player from another team expresses any interest in us, we start acting like beggars - ausilio certainly looks the part: unshaved, always looks like he hasn't slept in days, I wouldn't be surprised if he smells - and constantly try to get the deal done with lowball offers.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Marotta wanted to change the terms of the deal after everything was agreed already, apparently with Ausilio. Why do you have to insist on this shit when everything is so obvious? I don't know what that further test shit even was, only from the media too.

My point is our management fucked up by not having one decision over the transfer but two as we got to so far that everything was agreed and then we want to change terms suddenly. I'm only waiting how many different ifs and buts you guys want to invent still but I guess there will be some.

It's not a big deal but this habit of full Inter management bias is a bit tiring.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Wasn't the final issue regarding us wanting to change the terms, as in getting Spinazzola strictly on a loan?
    In the end yes. But after Spinazzola medical we reportedly wanted to conduct further tests on Spinazzola which were prevented by Roma. Another issue is when we tried to change the terms. Before the medical, after or after Roma preventing further tests? There are so many uncertainties in this saga so you don't know what to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Marotta wanted to change the terms of the deal after everything was agreed already, apparently with Ausilio. Why do you have to insist on this shit when everything is so obvious? I don't know what that further test shit even was, only from the media too.

My point is our management fucked up by not having one decision over the transfer but two as we got to so far that everything was agreed and then we want to change terms suddenly. I'm only waiting how many different ifs and buts you guys want to invent still but I guess there will be some.

It's not a big deal but this habit of full Inter management bias is a bit tiring.
    It's not obvious at all. You choose to believe it because it's convenient with your argument. As for the further tests, they had been confirmed from both sides to the media. It wasn't just one media report.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

4. Thanks (3): InterFCAustin, MVD, Universe

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    LN Ronaldo dL

Slovenia

he will be loaned with an option to buy, but we all know they wont buy him, so he will just become a problem like a lot of our players.

8. Thanks (3): Batman, Nyall, Universe

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    I wouldn't loan our player to a club which just threatened to sue us over this deal. Roma are a petty club. They may just park Politano on the bench for 6 months out of spite. If Roma really want Politano, then either its an obligation or at least a very high loan fee.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

I can only thank Beppe for not allowing Roma to screw us around yet again.
    As for Matteo, I am truly feeling bad for him, he is really a nice guy. But I would feel even worse if that transfer went thru and see roma being on the winning side again.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

11. Thanks (3): InterFCAustin, Lionheart, MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    I can only thank Beppe for not allowing Roma to screw us around yet again.
    As for Matteo, I am truly feeling bad for him, he is really a nice guy. But I would feel even worse if that transfer went thru and see roma being on the winning side again.
    Marotta screwed himself and his club, again. Politano just joined a large group of Inter’s unhappy players who are difficult to affload. Why did he even want Spinazzola from the start? Just another unnecessary drama to show his “big balls” for nothing.

Spinazzola is a starter for Roma and Politano doesnt even have a position in our squad. All hail Marotta, Mr. big balls.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Just put a bunch of hearts and shit under Spinazzola’s post about today’s Roma win. Well, no longer feel bad for him, he can indeed get to fuck.

At least be professional you twat.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

14. Thanks (4): IM21, MVD, Universe, vex

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Cafe, I have tremendous respect for you, but you seem hellbent on blaming the management in this case - to the point where your take is coming off as incredibly biased. I figure most of us have read the same handful of reports regarding this situation. Correct me if I'm wrong (with proof), but it sounds like we wanted to change the terms of the deal after being unsatisfied with Spinazzola's medical, no? I don't possibly see how that is our fault.

Based on the reports I've read, it sounds like we agreed a swap deal with Roma (naturally assuming the player would pass his medicals without complication). Upon conducting the medicals, we saw some warning signs or red flags and we wanted to change the deal by inserting some guarantees to cover ourselves e.g. loan + obligation conditional on appearances etc. Roma then got pissed off and refused to even allow additional physical tests.

For the record, I'm more than happy to change my mind if presented with new evidence. But I haven't read anything that makes me feel like we made mistakes here. And I'm no "company man" by the way. The Nainggolan deal for example, I am very unhappy with. I will call out the management on things that I consider to be wrong. But this is absolutely not one of them.

This is like buying a used car. We meet the seller and he seems like a nice dude, selling a decent car at a reasonable price. We ask for a test drive and all of a sudden he gets angry and refuses. Anyone in their right mind would immediately become suspicious that something is wrong with the car he's selling.

I feel bad that Politano is stuck in this shit situation, sitting on the bench with no role in the team, and having his transfer to his childhood club fall through. But if he's going to be a fucking pussy about it and passive-aggressively "like" social media posts mocking us, then he can get fucked too.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Why did he even want Spinazzola from the start? Just another unnecessary drama to show his “big balls” for nothing.

Spinazzola is a starter for Roma and Politano doesnt even have a position in our squad. All hail Marotta, Mr. big balls.
    So who was the initiator of the deal? him or Ausilio?
    He had to offload Politano + he needs a better fullback. He wanted to use the opportunity and was wise enough to find out he's been offered a defective good. You know what, I think Spina is actually fit. I think Marotta blocked that because he saw him lacking desire to play for Inter so he just waved good bye to him, which I am completely fine with.
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    No, medical had nothing to do with the change of heart. It was the miscommunication between Ausilio and Marotta which generated this whole fiasco. Ausilio made the deal, agreed everything so medical were arranged and so on. Then in comes Marotta who disagrees with the straight outright swap deal. So he wants to change the terms of the deal. You guys can check all the Petrachi comments and Marotta comments and we can see that it was simply a miscommunication in Inter's end (or a change of heart for Marotta). Petrachi is very clear about this and he mentioned the emails so we can assume there is no reason for him to lie because it's all there in the emails.

And let's make this clear, I'm not commenting one bit about the actual decision to do the deal or eventually reject it. What I've been saying from the start is that Inter made a fool out of themselves. Petrachi's comments just prove it.

I can say that I was very upset over the deal when it was aired. Even if Spinazzola is just fine (which cannot be proven), paying that much for a LWB is just too much for me.
    Last edited by CafeCordoba; 20 Jan 20 at 05:19.

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I think this mostly has to do with Marotta showing his #Balls to Ausilio than anything to do with Roma or whatever. Politano is still very likely to end up at Roma in some loan+ deal.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I think this mostly has to do with Marotta showing his #Balls to Ausilio than anything to do with Roma or whatever.
    Good. About time.

21. Thanks (1): vex

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah poor him, having to play for Inter.

He should shut up and get back to work instead of being a diva on social media.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

23. Thanks (1): DARi0

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

maybe the problem lies on Politano who urged with taking photos and holding the Roma scarf as opposed to Spina's coldbloodedness.

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    FIGO :')

Europe

75 Forum Supporter
    I had to laugh at this Spinazzola dude with his posts Of course he goes back -highly motivated after the rejection- he plays a good game and now he thinks he's Messi.

Dude doesn't ask himself if he was so good, why was Roma willing to get rid off him the first place, only after 6 months? Why has it been so difficult to start over Kolarov? Maybe because he hasn't been having this "winning" attitude all this time. Let's see how long it lasts until he goes back to his usual self.

27. Thanks (1): InterFCAustin

Italy

It wouldn't be half bad if we, for example, loaned politano out with the same conditions as Lazaro: 2 mil + 20 mil option to buy.

Let's see if marotta can carry out something like that, or if he's only good at being a miserly CEO who drags on forever a deal for a player worth 100 mil, only to spend 18 instead of 20.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    No, medical had nothing to do with the change of heart. It was the miscommunication between Ausilio and Marotta which generated this whole fiasco. Ausilio made the deal, agreed everything so medical were arranged and so on. Then in comes Marotta who disagrees with the straight outright swap deal. So he wants to change the terms of the deal.
    Even if this is true, I think its perfectly reasonable for a CEO to step in if he doesn't like a particular large investment. I have absolutely no problem with this. This is why we hired Marotta. Ultimately, its Marotta's neck on the line and he is responsible for all our transfers.

That said, I don't like where our mercato is heading overall. Eriksen would be awesome, and I understand why we are interested in Giroud. Even the Young transfer I can make peace with (since we cannot afford Alonso or someone of that level). But Moses is a step too far when it comes to band-aid solutions. We don't need so many band-aids. There is no way these guys will help us win a Scudetto this season, and most likely they will be a drag on our mercato in the summer due to the wage bill.

Lets buy few players, but only quality players. This is a classic case of "less is more".

31. Thanks (1): Lionheart

Fav. Player
    Chuchu

United States

What's the post, that Pollitano like, say?

Spina sucked this saga and get back to work. Politano should do the same too. Although I understand that Spina was not that enthusiastic joining us than Poli joining Roma.

33. Thanks (1): MVD