Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1429

Thread: Matteo Politano

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

I liked him under Spalletti, and I truly disliked him under Conte. Overall, a 'meh' transfer, although I was hoping he would turn out to be better than that. Ah well, at least we didn't get Verdi.

Good luck in Rome
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

2. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    I truly disliked him under both.

A very mediocre player, albeit one I hold no hard feelings towards. He did his job "decently" as a starter for us last season and contributed to us achieving our 4th place objective. I hope he succeeds at Roma because he seems like a good guy, and I never want to see him again.

I'm "happy" that we get Spinazzola in the process, mainly because it (hopefully) eliminates this retarded Ashley Young transfer. At best, we get a versatile player who could be an upgrade over Biraghi/Asamoah and a competitor to Candreva. At worst, we'll get another injury-prone turd, further clogging up our toilet full of mediocre fullbacks - but at least we're used to it by now.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

4. Thanks (3): DIN011, phonk, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Barella

Malaysia

tbf he was our most dangerous player last year

6. Thanks (2): Linege, PHM1605

Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He came up big at the end of last season when everyone gave up.

It's sad to lose him but he was of no use to the team he's not a forward and he's not a wing back.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Colombia

He had sparks last year but at the end of the day he ain’t starting material for a team like inter. He’ll be great at Roma with their attacking style.
    He’s a great guy and I’m Glad he didn’t go to milan.
    Good luck poli.

Serbia

As far as I'm concerned, Roma took us for a ride yet again.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

He always gave his all, although obviously lacking qualities to play for this Inter. Good luck

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    I never wanted Politano at Inter but he was nowhere near as bad as some members made him out to be. He is a decent backup for teams that play with wingers but we don't and that's why he was of no use this season. He looks like a nice guy so i wish him the best.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He was actually worse than what we expected. Beginning of last season I thought, he can't be worse than what Candreva offered in previous season. But he was pathetic. It was a pity that didn't have any options and Spalletti kept starting him.

Likeable guy, hope he succeeds elsewhere, but good riddance.

Damn I'll never get over how his corners made me tear my (non-existent) hair out.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

15. Thanks (1): DIN011

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    He was actually worse than what we expected. Beginning of last season I thought, he can't be worse than what Candreva offered in previous season. But he was pathetic. It was a pity that didn't have any options and Spalletti kept starting him.

Likeable guy, hope he succeeds elsewhere, but good riddance.

Damn I'll never get over how his corners made me tear my (non-existent) hair out.
    He is much better than Candreva as a RW in 18/19. Politano had 5 goals and 6 assists. Candreva...1 goal 0 assist or so Season before 0 goal.

In 3-5-2 Poli simply doesn't have place. Can't blame him for being shit as a striker.

17. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

He was better than Candreva last season. This season he became Candreva.

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Netherlands

When he first joined Inter he was a bit of a breath of fresh air. His ability to run towards the opposition's goal with the ball at his feet was unique among our squad. He worked hard throughout games, and made dynamic runs that for years players in this club had been unable or refused to make.

Over time he has somehow regressed into a one-trick pony, who every time he gets the ball tries to cut in on his left and shoot, usually blasting the ball over the net or into the body of a defender. I'm not sure what caused this change. Maybe it was Spalletti's insistence that his wingers cross every time they receive the ball. Maybe it was last year's squad's complete inability to play on the counter. Regardless, he is no longer a useful player and it is clear he needs to leave.

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

If he manages to fix his shooting he can become an important player, if not , he will always remain a roma level player.

Not missed...

Poland

I really liked him last season. He was something new in our squad. I especially liked his collaboration with Vrsaljko, they played together only few times, but they provided pace, technique and cool dribbling. Something different than Candreva & DD duo.
    I even bought scarf with his name last year:

This season he was also unlucky. He was injured in preseason, then he had few nice attempts at the beginning when he shot into crossbar few times... Recently he became very selfish, because he wanted to make an impact to get more minutes which was very frustrating.
    Now, he can join his home team, so he is happy for sure. Moreover, he can even become member of italian national squad thanks to Zaniolo's injury. His competitors are Bernardesch, Insignei and Chiesa who are in shitty form and Orsolini who is just Orsolini, so who knows...

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

There is a severe nostalgic bias here. He started off okay last season, but then was absolute trash for the latter half of the season. More importantly he showed that he is a one-trick pony. But worse is the fact that he is too mediocre at that trick also.

Robben is a one-trick pony, but he is incredible at it. He made it work for a decade and a half. Politano has terrible shooting technique, takes way too long to make decisions when he gets in good positions, and doesn't have enough intelligence to know where the other players are.

Candreva's days as a winger are done, and he may be an average wingback today. But he was a good (not great) winger for a good 5-7 years. Politano won't reach even that level.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

24. Thanks (2): DIN011, Universe

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I think Politano's decline last season was more about the whole team being a total mess and not in coach's control at all.

Politano can be a starter at top4 level. Not top2 where Inter is at. Skillful but also pretty weak player, can be easily pushed aside if you can catch him. If he trains his shooting and goalscoring, I'd bet he could be even more. And with training I mean Zlatan-level training. Zlatan was pretty atrocious goalscorer when he came to Italy, started to train for real at Juve and the rest is history. He was never a natural goalscorer but trained himself to still become a hell of a goalscorer. I see the requirement for Politano to step to the next level is to start training super hard. Obviously at Inter his future was completely blocked because of Conte and his system, so with this move Politano can get his career back on track.

And to make it clear, I'm not expecting Politano to become a great goalscorer ever but with hard training he could become a very good or at least very useful player if he can step up is goalscoring ability a notch or two.

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

he will be fine in a 4-3-3 where he can play out wide. too one-dimensional as a striker or even SS.

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I think Politano's decline last season was more about the whole team being a total mess and not in coach's control at all.

Politano can be a starter at top4 level. Not top2 where Inter is at. Skillful but also pretty weak player, can be easily pushed aside if you can catch him. If he trains his shooting and goalscoring, I'd bet he could be even more. And with training I mean Zlatan-level training. Zlatan was pretty atrocious goalscorer when he came to Italy, started to train for real at Juve and the rest is history. He was never a natural goalscorer but trained himself to still become a hell of a goalscorer. I see the requirement for Politano to step to the next level is to start training super hard. Obviously at Inter his future was completely blocked because of Conte and his system, so with this move Politano can get his career back on track.

And to make it clear, I'm not expecting Politano to become a great goalscorer ever but with hard training he could become a very good or at least very useful player if he can step up is goalscoring ability a notch or two.
    If Brozovic can train and improve his shooting and dribbling, he could become like Messi. If Lukaku does immense training and improves his headers and some other aspects, he could become like Ronaldo..
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Australia

10 years of FIF

This image pretty much sums it up. Politano can't even get a photo opportunity right let alone his position on the pitch and contribute in a positive way: out of position, out of place with no idea.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Italian Suso. No more, no less. Good on his day, and god awful to watch when it's not.
    He's a Roma level player through and through so it makes sense.
    He seems like a nice, humble dude so I genuinely wish him the best of luck for all games not against Inter.