Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24249505152
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1040

Thread: Matteo Politano

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    So your telling me it s a stamina issue? Sorry but i refuse to believe that a 26 year old professional footballer cant get his stamina levels up to the one of 32 year old candreva that just cant be the issue.
    I have no observations this season, after all I don't think he's played a full game, no? Anyways, I agree he had stamina issues last season but that's mainly because he's running up and down the pitch with bursts of speed THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME. Dude just has no idea how to pace himself.

On another note I see a positive change in his shooting this season so far - much more accurate. We'll have to see how he develops but I'm quite happy with what Politano can bring to the table as a substitute and he could even battle it out for a starting position, since Sanchez isn't exactly a given and Lautaro is beginning to get on everyone's nerves, surely also on Conte's.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Vietnam

So your telling me it s a stamina issue? Sorry but i refuse to believe that a 26 year old professional footballer cant get his stamina levels up to the one of 32 year old candreva that just cant be the issue.
    You say as if Candreva is a random 32yo like you, me, or some fifers sitting on the couch. He is a professional footballer as well.

In an extreme case, a 40yo can eat a 26yo alive for breakfast in terms of stamina, by putting in more effort...and-you-know-whom-I-mean.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    You say as if Candreva is a random 32yo like you, me, or some fifers sitting on the couch. He is a professional footballer as well.

In an extreme case, a 40yo can eat a 26yo alive for breakfast in terms of stamina, by putting in more effort...and-you-know-whom-I-mean.
    I know that, my point is more that i cannot see how it would not be possible for a 26 year old to reach the stamina level of a 32 year old, of course he has to put in the effort.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Spalletti straight up beat the shit out of his stamina last year. He was the only way we got the ball past center line.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "Madonna...ť un macello qua"

6. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I know that, my point is more that i cannot see how it would not be possible for a 26 year old to reach the stamina level of a 32 year old, of course he has to put in the effort.
    It's possible, but it's also a fact players have different stamina levels naturally no matter how hard they train. Politano obviously doesn't seem to have great stamina levels naturally.

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Man how want this guy to succeed. Wobblz is right this guy doesn't read the game very well from a pace standpoint. At times he looks like a terrier on speed. His shooting has improved since last year, but still can not get "that touch" to find the net. Many last year, said he was always bench material, and should be used only as a sub. Perhaps thats his role only with a occasional start and thats up to management to decide. Finally, this guy despite stamina issues, shooting issues has never been a embrassment to the club and really does not deserve the shade he is given.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    This is a very nitpicky discussion

Stamina and most physical attributes like pace, are a mix of natural genetic build and training. Some people are just naturally blessed with more - and these gifts usually age much better. Zanetti will have a full head of glorious and neat hair until he's 100, but Cambiasso was balding at 21. Mbappe will be faster at 40 years of age than plenty of 20 year olds. Likewise, it's completely possible and not unusual that someone in their 30's can have much better stamina than someone in their 20's.

Assuming Candreva is naturally blessed in this regard and Politano isn't, could Politano's stamina be improved to match or overtake Candreva's? Of course. However, it would take years of specialized and dedicated endurance and conditioning training. And who the fuck has time for that shit? This is football, not long distance running.

All that said, I never even felt Politano's stamina was a problem last season. In fact, the handful of times he came off the pitch, I thought he had more to give (see those infamous Politano <-> Valero, Politano <-> Vrsaljko subs).
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Serbia

Some good points here, he did in fact somewhat improve his shooting. But you are wrong Universe, I remember plenty of matches last season where Politano was gassed out by the ~70th minute but then again, pretty much entire squad was gassed out. The only two players who can run relentlessly are Candreva and Brozovic,, even if latter doesn't have that much raw speed.

I'm not sure how better can Politano become here, it's been a year and a half and we sort of reset him by changing his position. I can see him as a good impact sub but also can't help but feel like that would be a waste because he shows promise of much higher skill ceiling.

Fav. Player
    Politano

Holy See

Also remember that running itself can differ. Yes Candreva runs hell of a lot more than Politano (and almost anyone else in the squad) but most of it is tracking back (chasing a player) or vertical run alongside the line. Politano definitely dribbles more and/or runs with purpose i.e. to beat a man or multiple which absolutely takes more energy than the way the former.

12. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Ethor, firmino, MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Marotta
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    His shots are getting more accurate day by day.

Feels great we didnít trade him for fucking Rebic.

Genuinely Grande Marotta.
    Dr. Marotta

Fav. Player
    Handa,Bro,Rano!

Austria

Again good impact when he came on + he has a decent left foot.
    ďPlease donít call me arrogant, but Iím European champion and I think Iím a special one.Ē - Jose Mourinho

15. Thanks (1): Ethor

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Agreed. Still a lot to improve but his shots are already getting stronger and more accurate. And this is based on all the games he played since the start of the season.
    Forza Inter

17. Thanks (2): Ethor, magnesium

Laos

Pleasant surprise for me this season.

19. Thanks (1): Universe

Canada

I like him in this role. Running at tired defenders, not hugging the byline. His shooting also looks much better.

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Unlucky as hell with the banger today hitting the crossbar and the goal last time round that was denied by Lukaku.

I still rate Politano and think he's going to be a very important squad player for us this season.
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Dude loves hitting them frames, better love story than...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

23. Thanks (3): ForzaNerazzurro, magnesium, MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I have faith in you tonight Messi, just finish it when you come in the second half. Messi for life!

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

25. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, GenDire, MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

It’s ridiculous how he asked for his own shirt tonight after the game.
    Forza Inter

27. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    It’s ridiculous how he asked for his own shirt tonight after the game.
    ??

29. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

Politano asked for Messi’e shirt after the game. It was a failed joke attempt at how he actually looks (appearance wise or playing wise) like Messi sarcastically.
    Forza Inter

31. Thanks (1): Harpsabu