Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1103

Thread: Matteo Politano

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I don't get it. Why did they farm Pinamonti in the first place only to give him six months away and then use a player (Politano) in a swap deal to bring him back?

I am presuming that they are not planning on leaving Pinamonti in Genoa until the end of the season. I think using Politano as a make weight in such a way is a waste when control of Pinamonti was well in our grasp during the summer.

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    @Puma, FFP... Is the answer to your question

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks (2): MVD, Puma

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Rumored about using him in a swap for Pinamonti. What do you guys think? Would you make that swap?
    Seems almost unfair to try force someone who was just signed permanently after proving himself last season, to leave almost immediately. That too, from a team playing in the Champions League to a relegation candidate. I could see Politano turning down the move and I couldn't really blame him. He's also injured for the foreseeable future so it's like a triplette of dick moves.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Any chance Ancelotti likes him? Send him Napoli's way in exchange for one of their mutineers?
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Send him anywhere if we get anything more than a pack of spaghetti.

Hell, even give away a pack of spaghetti with him.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

7. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

I suspect Roma might come into the equation at some point. It's one of those deals where to me the move doesn't make sense*, but I have a weird hunch it could still happen.

*doesn't make sense to me because they already have a lot of options at RW: Zaniolo, Under, Kluivert and Mkhitaryan

\_(ツ)_/

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    Any chance Ancelotti likes him? Send him Napoli's way in exchange for one of their mutineers?
    Ancelotti will be gone soon anyway

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    To Roma in exchange for Florenzi? Yes please.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Politano’s Agent: “He’s Happy At Inter & Wants To Win Serie A With Them”

Davide Lippi, the agent of Inter winger Matteo Politano, has claimed that his client is happy where he is and is aiming for silverware in the Nerazzurri shirt.

“He is better, he is ready and he is available for selection again. Now he has recovered he is feeling calm and cannot wait to make a contribution,” he remarked in an interview with Calciomercato.com.

“A move to Fiorentina? At the moment there is no interest, he is happy to be at Inter. He is focused on the project and wants to win Serie A with Inter.

“He had a great season last year and will continue to do a job this year as well. As I have said, he is happy to be at Inter. He is happy with his teammates.”

Politano has fallen down the pecking order this season and been limited to just two starts this term. He has made a total of 12 appearances across all competitions but he has failed to score or assist.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    What does he mean by great season last year? If that was great, then he belongs to a relegation contender.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

Your disdain for Politano is even more venomous than mine

In theory, we should keep him. Having a pacy winger is always a useful tool to have and gives us some tactical flexibility. He should be able to add an extra dimension to our offense as a quick attacker who is comfortable out wide. Instead, he’s done a poor job of taking advantage of what little opportunities he’s been given.

It’s not entirely his fault given the scarcity and inconsistency of his minutes, but even Valero has performed when called upon unexpectedly. Politano has not yet convinced he can be relied on in this system, even as a backup. Seems like he has the remainder of the season to save his Inter career.

It’s strange, considering he’s played as a forward in a 352 before at Sassuolo. If I’m not mistaken, he actually scored most of his goals in 2017/18 playing in that role. Unfortunately, this season he’s looked completely clueless as part of the forward duo.

That said, selling him now is out of the question unless a satisfactory offer comes in. No loan + option bullshit. We’re way too thin a squad to lose anyone, especially not without guaranteed compensation.

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Use him as a make weight for some deal. Fiorentina seem very interested, maybe a deal involving Pulgar or even that Castrovilli kid most of my friends seem to be raving about (only if the hype is real, I haven't seen him enough to judge). We need midfield numbers, and Politano is useless to us.

We need at least a striker and a midfielder this January. I don't mind if we have to "sacrifice" Politano to make either happen.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Its strange, considering hes played as a forward in a 352 before at Sassuolo. If Im not mistaken, he actually scored most of his goals in 2017/18 playing in that role. Unfortunately, this season hes looked completely clueless as part of the forward duo.
    You are right, his best season was as SS in 2 men attack.
    As for this season, you are partially right. he didnt start bad, he hit the post 3 times and had great goal disallowed because of Lukaku. After those decent few games, he faded totally, and was generally crap when introduced. Lack of minutes, small injuries and probably lack of confidence did their thing.
    Last edited by Pajo; 04 Dec 19 at 07:50.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Send him anywhere if we get anything more than a pack of spaghetti.

Hell, even give away a pack of spaghetti with him.
    Wow that`s harsh! I believe he can be useful on the counters, especially thanks to his speed and well placed shots. Sure he hit the bar several times this season, but that`s just unlucky.

Many transfer market rumors are linking Matteo Politano to a move away from Inter but the former Sassuolo forward has different idea. According to FCIN, the player has not changed his mind and intends to continue his Inter adventure unless the Nerazzurri put him up for sale in the market due to the arrival of another striker in January.

Genoa inquired for the player but he is not interested. The rumors of Atalanta and Parma (included in deal for Kulusevski) are not confirmed. But Fiorentina are a different story: the Viola are ready to return for the Italian (they showed strong interest last summer) and that option would only be evaluated by Poiltano if Inter told him that he is no longer included in the project. Otherwise, Matteo will aim to play for his chances in the Black and Blue, at least until next summer.
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Nothing wrong with having Politano on the roster. Just as 5th choice though. We couldn't do much better than him for that role but we could sure do much better than him at 1st to 4th spot for the 2 spots up front in the 3-5-2. I mean the possible replacements are either someone like Matri or Giroud. At the moment our issue is that Politano is our #4 choice instead of #5 even if Esposito gets playing time ahead of him at times.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

"Well placed shots"

"hit the bar several times this season"

He hit the crossbar once against Milan with one of only 2 well placed shots this season. His other well placed shot ended up in the net but was cancelled for a Lukaku offside.

Let's not allow a tiny sample size from this season make us forget 50 games of Politano last season where he proved beyond all reasonable doubt that his shooting is C grade at best.

He's been a shambles. As mentioned, not entirely his fault. But he needs to prove impactful if he's to earn a place in this squad as a rotation option. The coach will never trust him, even as a sub, if he does is frantically sprint around like a headless chicken, trying the same predictable cut-in-from-the-right-onto-left-foot move, and lose the ball time and time again.

\_(ツ)_/

20. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, rockball

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Politano's shooting is as great as Candreva's crosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Well, truth be told, the last couple of times I watched Politano I saw a noticeable improvement in his shooting.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Its never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Its a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    Massimo Moratti

23. Thanks (1): Pajo

Canada

"Well placed shots"

"hit the bar several times this season"

He hit the crossbar once against Milan with one of only 2 well placed shots this season. His other well placed shot ended up in the net but was cancelled for a Lukaku offside.

Let's not allow a tiny sample size from this season make us forget 50 games of Politano last season where he proved beyond all reasonable doubt that his shooting is C grade at best.

He's been a shambles. As mentioned, not entirely his fault. But he needs to prove impactful if he's to earn a place in this squad as a rotation option. The coach will never trust him, even as a sub, if he does is frantically sprint around like a headless chicken, trying the same predictable cut-in-from-the-right-onto-left-foot move, and lose the ball time and time again.
    I think he also hit the post against Udinese which is what they are referring to as in several times.

25. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

You're right, I forgot about the one vs Udinese.

Regardless, a handful of accurate shots this season does not make him a lethal shooter of the ball all of a sudden. I still need to see more to definitively say he's improved. Someone like Dybala earns that reputation through his consistent dangerous shots. By comparison, go back a handful of pages in this thread to see the near-unanimous panning of Politano's poor shooting/crossing ability.

His shooting, whether improved or not, is not the main point though. It's how he interprets his role that I have a big problem with.

As recently as the Samp game barely 2 months ago, Lautaro was copping all kinds of criticism. IMO it was very fair criticism because he wasn't finishing his chances and making lots of awful decisions. To his great credit, he smartened up drastically. He uses his head and thinks a lot more. He slows it down and takes his time on the ball to make good decisions and make good use of possession (as opposed to backheel flick passes every time).

I have some hope that Politano can make similar improvements. And it's not a question of shooting. He'll never be a super technical guy like Dybala or someone who excels in attacking tight spaces either. But he needs to learn to make use of what skills he does possess. Like I said yesterday, I wouldn't sell him yet. Give him to the end of the season to see if he can make himself useful.

\_(ツ)_/