Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Thread: Matteo Politano

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

He is good as a bench player, but as a starter... Hell no!!
    Ajax just thrashed Juve!! Fuck whoever uses the 'experience' excuse for signing bunch of mediocre 30+ year olds who do nothing other than laying in the treatment room and demanding high wages.

2. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, MVD

United States

Two shots on target broke his ankle, I think we see the problem now

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Does it mean we will not sign him?

Please Please Please Please Please PleasePlease Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Please don't sign him.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Considering all the subpar wingers we have seen we could do much worse than Politano.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    People not wanting to sign him are sooo deluded lol. We simply cannot find better winger for that price. he may not be starter worthy, but he is definitely good enough for the rotation role. He has 6 goals and 6 assists, rarely loses the ball, is the only player that can beat his man, works his ass off and is one of the most creative players in serie a by stats (last i saw was third in chances created, most from Inter, 46 or something).

Obviously his end product is what holds him down, but it is what it is. He MUST be redeemed, and then seek for better winger if we can. He can cover the SS role for Contes 2-5-2 as well.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel
    Old name
    Toninu

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah and he does well, in the game against smaller clubs, he's much better than Keita.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    People not wanting to sign him are sooo deluded lol. We simply cannot find better winger for that price. he may not be starter worthy, but he is definitely good enough for the rotation role. He has 6 goals and 6 assists, rarely loses the ball, is the only player that can beat his man, works his ass off and is one of the most creative players in serie a by stats (last i saw was third in chances created, most from Inter, 46 or something).

Obviously his end product is what holds him down, but it is what it is. He MUST be redeemed, and then seek for better winger if we can. He can cover the SS role for Contes 2-5-2 as well.
    Not that I expect anyone to follow my posts or anything but I've been going on and on about how this is just a ridiculously close-minded notion.

I think everyone is generally in agreement of what Politano offers now. I think over the course of the season everyone has come to see that in terms of technical skill and execution he's very average. And yet, to redeem him will cost 25m. Paying 25m for a guarantee of mediocrity doesn't sit well with me. That is essentially another Vecino move in my eyes. I would personally prefer we roll the dice on a new player. I'm sure many people don't like the idea of that 'gamble' but with any purchase, we just need to do our scouting well.

I won't say we're bad at signing players, we're just horrendously inconsistent. Sometimes we dig up great gems like Skriniar and find excellent deals like de Vrij and Godin on free transfers. And then we sign Gabigol's and Joao Mario's for obscene prices. Vecino's market value was literally 11m but we paid 25m for him as well.

But let's look at wingers. We bought Perisic for 20m and Candreva for 22m i.e. less than Politano. Both of these guys were immensely better in their early Inter careers than anything Politano has shown. At Napoli, Mertens and Callejon are both better wingers than Politano and both cost less than half of Politano. I reckon El Shaarawy is a much better player too (also half Politano's price). I feel like comparing guys like Ziyech and Neres is just unfair to Politano at this point but both of them were half his price too. Someone like Son Heung Min was only slightly more expensive. The talent is always there. Don't settle for lesser because finding better is 'difficult'. And let's not make excuses about 'inflation'.

And Politano is soon to be 26 years old btw. This isn't a prospect we're talking about.

At this point I should just change my signature to a list of wide forwards/wingers who were cheaper or comparable to Politano, who are much better players. I might run out of space though.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

9. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Nyall, Wings

There's no doubt we will sign him outright end of season. Just curious, where do you guys see him playing in Conte's formation?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    It will cost us 20m to redeem him. My opinion on Politano hasn't changed from last season - an average player with a suspect end product, who is perhaps at best a bench player at this level. These days 20m is about right to spend on a bench player, so signing him would make sense as long as we spend top dollar on a quality first choice RW (Chiesa? Pepe?).

Of course, that is only if Spalletti continues as our coach. If we hire Conte, lets not waste money on Politano. He would be useless as a wing back, does not have the defensive abilities for that role. So the only role in a Conte formation for Politano will be as a 2nd striker - a role he played in his previous team. Even as a back up 2nd striker, I think we need someone with a better end product. Conte's system does not create too many scoring chances, and needs the strikers to be more clinical for it to work.

12. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    It will cost us 20m to redeem him. My opinion on Politano hasn't changed from last season - an average player with a suspect end product, who is perhaps at best a bench player at this level. These days 20m is about right to spend on a bench player, so signing him would make sense as long as we spend top dollar on a quality first choice RW (Chiesa? Pepe?).

Of course, that is only if Spalletti continues as our coach. If we hire Conte, lets not waste money on Politano. He would be useless as a wing back, does not have the defensive abilities for that role. So the only role in a Conte formation for Politano will be as a 2nd striker - a role he played in his previous team. Even as a back up 2nd striker, I think we need someone with a better end product. Conte's system does not create too many scoring chances, and needs the strikers to be more clinical for it to work.
    Lately it has been reported Politano doesn't fit Conte's plans and he could be used as a part of our offer to Fiorentina for Chiesa.

14. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Bluenine, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Universe, you can't seriously compare those transfer prices? They were years ago, Politano price comes in effect this summer, 2019.

Perisic, 2015
    Candreva, 2016
    Callejon, 2013 (!)
    Mertens, 2013 (!)

I'm totally fine having Politano in the squad, as long as it means he's a pure rotational player, not intended to be a starter. The price for talent is simply so high these days that we need to dish more than Politano's price to get that starter.

I feel Politano (and Inter) can actually benefit greatly being a sub. He can come in and run at the defenders at ease. We've seen this season how his stamina sucks. He can't play full 90mins at good tempo, nowhere near. If he comes in at 60-70mins, he has half an hour to run at defenders and create havoc. If the time span is small, he can use everything he has in his feet to destroy the opponents' defenders. End product has been bad but I feel it can get better when he's not tired, but more concentrated. And hopefully the new coach has some attacking schemes to teach to the team. It helps the players if there are some models to use in offense and not just standing on the side-line waiting for the ball for the wingers like in Spalletti "system".

Another thing is, is 20m€ (we already paid for the loan) too much for a sub player? And if not, can we get a better player with that 20m€? And like BabyPhat asks above, what is exactly his role in Conte's system? I feel it's going to be a winged forward or a second forward (3-4-3 / 3-5-2)

Italy

my take on the matter: politano will be redeemed, no matter what. i suspect there is a non-written agreement with sassuolo and that this option to buy is in fact merely a gentlemen's agreement to help us with ffp (we could not sign him with obligation to buy), in exchange for that hefty price.

it was a win-win: we got the player, they got the money they wanted, only 12 months later.

i cannot back this up with anything, just a gut feeling. politano was quite an important player to sassuolo, i just don't see them selling him without at least begin sure they would get an important sum.

so i personally consider more credible the rumours that we might try to use him as makeweight for another player: like Bluenine has pointed out, he doesn't really fit into conte's game plan.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Yeah I talked about this last summer too (and during the season). I have the same feeling, it will happen no matter what. We won't fuck over an Italian club like that, business relationships are very valuable. And it's not like Politano is worth 5-10m€.

18. Thanks (1): andrei

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah I talked about this last summer too (and during the season). I have the same feeling, it will happen no matter what. We won't fuck over an Italian club like that, business relationships are very valuable. And it's not like Politano is worth 5-10m€.
    Exactly! The whole transfer seems a gentlemen's agreement. They helped us with SA/FFP. We cannot screw-up the relations with small/medium clubs in Serie A. It would be one of the most idiotic things to do.
    And Marotta was someone who has good relations overall in Serie A!

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Lately it has been reported Politano doesn't fit Conte's plans and he could be used as a part of our offer to Fiorentina for Chiesa.
    I forgot to mention that one factor in this decision. Politano may not be good enough to start for Inter, but he is good enough to start for mid table teams. In today's market, for those clubs he is worth more than 20m. So if we can use him as a makeweight for swap deals, he may be worth more than 20m and buying him would make sense.

And like Firmino mentioned, if there is a gentlemen's agreement then this discussion is moot.

21. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

I don't like Politano, but it was the only player who did something from our forward, maybe Nainngolan too. Icardi and Perisc made a horrible game. We will have no chance against Napoli if Politano is injured and that dick head plays with Candreva.
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I like Politano a lot, it’s his first season in a big disfunctional club and I see no reason for us not to keep him. If there is a better alternative bench him but we know that everyone from midfield and forward didn’t play to their best ability. He was one of the good ones,maybe not exceptional but still....JM,candreva,Borja and others should leave before him if it’s a financial issue
    Ziyad Of Boston

24. Thanks (5): Batman, bjwam4, Pajo, Rain, _OC_

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    For 20m you can surely get better players. And let's not go with his 6+6 tally for this season. As bad as it is, it actually overstates his performances.

I was originally keen on keeping him as a bench player, but now even that doesn't sound convincing. He doesn't have the end product or instinct to make a difference if he comes on after 70 minutes. In fact you need someone who can think quickly during those moments, and not be a ball hog and give it away. With Politano, we are setting ourselves up for mediocrity and just setting a bad example where this is tolerated.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    I think many of you are underrating the guy. He is not half as bad as you make him to be. I wouldn't say we are set for mediocrity if we pay 20 mils for him (i think it's 15 tho, since we paid 5 for the loan), as i see him as decent player. He is not young, but it's his first season in a big club as well. People are drooling over Chiesa and would pay 70 mils for him, and the fucker has 6 goals with 3 assists in Serie A (not counting the cup as he had 1 good game there that boosted his stats). He has twice more lost balls than Politano, has less chances created and has played more and shot (a lot) more.

@Uni, i get what you mean, but that's past. You know damn well that the prices has risen 3x since 10 years ago, inflation is not an excuse, but a fact. Players bought for 20 there will probably be like 60 now. Besides, Mertens was crappier as winger, he lighted it up as a false 9.

I am all in for giving him one more full year, this time not in dysfunctional team, and I can bet he will be better. I dont care about age, but as many crap mistakes we made buying wrong players, we've made lots of those selling them prematurely.

As for where Conte would use him, it's an enigma for me too. he would fit the best as SS in 3-5-2, but cant be used in any other position in 3 men defense. Maybe as right wide forward in 3-4-3 if we play more offensive.

edit: oh and, its ok to have those 20 mils for better player, BUT, we also need depth. Whats the point of having great 11 if you have to sub in kids or crappiest from crappiest players? You underestimate the need of decent depth, and versatile players, such as Politano.
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Mario

Norway

As Pajo already mentioned, I do think a lot of people her really underrates this guy.

Politano has good stats for being with us in his first season. Thriving at Inter these days is really hard and we should learn to give credit when due.
    Politano is the ONLY player that regurarly beats his man on a 1v1. We simply need this guy if we're ever going to create space in the final third of the field.
    We can't just have Brozovic and Nainggolan if noone does a good run or creates a 1v1 situation.

Politano has some issues with his final balls but this can easily be dealt with if he was only allowed to cross/shoot when in good position and not when he "feels" for it.

As it stands right now Politano and Dambro really complement each other and there are certainly other areas we need to improve first before we move onto our right side of the field.

I suggest bringing in a new creative midfielder and a B2B player so we can play different formations and strategies, and not just the "Spallo 4231" with lots of crosses.
    Raul Duke: What's this? Two sane people on FIF having a constructive argument? Kill me.

28. Thanks (1): Pajo