Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 349

Thread: Stefan de Vrij

  1. #321
    rockball's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Apr 05
    Posts
    10,856
    Thanked
    3,498 times
    Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

    Falkland Islands

    0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    In terms of difficulty, playing centrally in a 3 man CB formation is the least challenging. This clearly works for SDV, but the onus here is on him to continue working on playmaking ability from the back. Let's not forget that in a 4 man defence, he was easily behind Skriniar and Miranda.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

  2. #322
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    6,104
    Thanked
    7,492 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    And that sugar-coated turd De Ligt is starting ahead of him for the Netherlands...
    De Vrij is already world class and not many defenders in the world is better than him. He doesn't needs apps there. No problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

  3. Thanks (1): MVD

  4. #323
    Jassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jun 15
    Posts
    231
    Thanked
    197 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    In terms of difficulty, playing centrally in a 3 man CB formation is the least challenging. This clearly works for SDV, but the onus here is on him to continue working on playmaking ability from the back. Let's not forget that in a 4 man defence, he was easily behind Skriniar and Miranda.
    No he was not.

  5. Thanks (1): thatdude

  6. #324
    MusicalMafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Jul 17
    Posts
    650
    Thanked
    558 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Poland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jassa View Post
    No he was not.

    Yes, he was behind Skriniar, that's the reason why the latter was the main talking point of last season.

    No, he was not behind Miranda. Hence the reason De Vrij played.

  7. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Il Drago

  8. #325
    Jassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jun 15
    Posts
    231
    Thanked
    197 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMafia View Post
    Yes, he was behind Skriniar, that's the reason why the latter was the main talking point of last season.

    No, he was not behind Miranda. Hence the reason De Vrij played.
    Skriniar was playing better, but they mostly played together.

    Would you say Skriniar is behind him because De Vrij is playing better ? No, because they are our first 2 options in defense, and De Vrij proved this year that with his footballing skills, and his great technique he can be even one of the best in the world, just like Skriniar.

  9. #326
    might be Deadpool wera's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Mar 11
    Posts
    21,806
    Thanked
    20,387 times
    Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

    South Korea

    De Vrij shouldn't play for NT so he doesn't get injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

  10. Thanks (3): Il Drago, Pajo, Palacio

  11. #327
    MusicalMafia's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Jul 17
    Posts
    650
    Thanked
    558 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Poland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jassa View Post
    Skriniar was playing better, but they mostly played together.

    Would you say Skriniar is behind him because De Vrij is playing better ? No, because they are our first 2 options in defense, and De Vrij proved this year that with his footballing skills, and his great technique he can be even one of the best in the world, just like Skriniar.
    Ok so skill-wise we agree.

    Pecking order wise, De Vrij played fewer games. Even after accounting for injuries. Skriniar was never dropped in big games, De Vrij was, e.g. against Juve, Barca, Lazio, Sampdoria and Miranda played instead.

    Don't understand what are you arguing for.

  12. Thanks (1): Dylan

  13. #328
    satubito's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Jun 09
    Posts
    1,926
    Thanked
    1,357 times
    Fav. Player
    Youth team

    Canada

    He is a rock in the middle of the defense. Skriniar has been good this season, but De Vrij has shown his true quality as well. Hope he stays with us for a long time.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.

  14. #329
    Wobblz's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Aug 12
    Posts
    8,408
    Thanked
    16,295 times
    Fav. Player
    Baggio

    Bulgaria

    33
    He's been with just three clubs so far. Feyenoord for five seasons, Lazio for four and now he's with us. I reckon he isn't the type of player that's looking to change clubs at the first decent opportunity.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti



  15. #330
    thoriq_r9's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 12
    Posts
    798
    Thanked
    713 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Indonesia

    Opponents might try to pressure him more, which in turn could mean more space for Brozovic to navigate. I like seeing their position interchanges during our build-up.

  16. #331
    Jassa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jun 15
    Posts
    231
    Thanked
    197 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMafia View Post
    Ok so skill-wise we agree.

    Pecking order wise, De Vrij played fewer games. Even after accounting for injuries. Skriniar was never dropped in big games, De Vrij was, e.g. against Juve, Barca, Lazio, Sampdoria and Miranda played instead.

    Don't understand what are you arguing for.
    I just didnt agree with the statement that he was easily behind Miranda in a 4 man defense.

    And to me, he is playing better than Skriniar this year, which doesnt make him more important or infront of Skriniar in any terms.

  17. Thanks (1): thatdude

  18. #332
    Demenza Senile's Avatar
    Join Date
    06 May 16
    Posts
    999
    Thanked
    996 times
    Old name
    raiden

    Aaland

    Very disappointed he of all the men got dropped to the bench for this game.He had a wonderful assist against Dortmund and he has been widely praised for his performances.Unlike Godin and Skriniar who both have intl duties and start for their respective NT's De Vrij is not starting for Holland.So i do not get why he when in such good form is the one dropped.Godin should ideally be playing 1 game a week - the more important game of the week.I also dont think he had an injury because he is now on.Just a very bad decision imo and Godin wasnt too convincing in their goal.Very unhappy with this tinkering.

  19. #333
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    15,436
    Thanked
    22,668 times

    United States

    Apparently he had an abductor problem so Conte wanted to rest him due to a higher chance of injury


  20. #334

    Join Date
    17 Feb 12
    Posts
    3,935
    Thanked
    5,547 times

    Canada

    This guy is our top assist man with three assists.

  21. Thanks (1): Wings

  22. #335
    Having a world class season tbh.

    Skriniar-De Vrij-Bastoni could be a rock for years to come if we keep them together.

  23. #336
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    6,104
    Thanked
    7,492 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    I'd rather play

    Bastoni - De Vrij - Skriniar
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

  24. Thanks (4): Adriano, Materazzi_23, MVD, Pajo

  25. #337
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,573
    Thanked
    1,489 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Silent leader. Would like to see him push even further when we need a goal.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  26. Thanks (1): thatdude

  27. #338
    YoramG's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 May 13
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanked
    5,282 times
    Fav. Player
    Skriniar

    Italy

    I had no idea he had a shot on him too. Could obviously have been a one-off, but he absolutely smashed one at about the 60’ mark.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

  28. Thanks (2): GenDire, thatdude

  29. #339
    Provenzano's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Jun 11
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanked
    5,991 times
    Fav. Player
    Grande Inter

    Bulgaria

    5
    Stefan de Vrij has made his 50th appearance with Inter in all competitions.

  30. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  31. #340
    Sassuolu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,962
    Thanked
    7,665 times
    Fav. Player
    Stefan de Vrij
    Old name
    Toninu

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    17 pages, shows how great a defender he is.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

    GRAZIE LUCIANO!

    WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

  32. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, Dylan, thatdude

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •