Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166167174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3771

Thread: Lautaro Martinez

Fav. Player

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    We dont have a chance in hell at Werner.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    He is injury prone and players like him are usually attracted to Inter. But he is a talented player and well worth the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    In terms of finishing, absolutely. Werner is far ahead of Lautaro. He also has great speed, and is better than anyone we got on a counter attack. But whether he is a better partner for Lukaku than Lautaro, I have my doubts. Lukaku & Lautaro have a good chemistry building up, and Lautaro has the skills to be a quality seconda punta. He is still developing (people sometimes forget that he is only 22) and IMO he could become a great seconda punta or even a prima punta. I don't see that in Werner, he is a prima punta. I get the feeling we will lose some unpredictability in our attack if we swap Lautaro with Werner.

Its hard to predict, but I suspect Lukaku+Martinez > Lukaku+Werner
    The combination of Lautaro and Lukaku was good but not great. We need a much faster player if we are to win anything.

2. Thanks (2): Lui, MVD

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    The combination of Lautaro and Lukaku was good but not great. We need a much faster player if we are to win anything.
    To "win anything" presumes that we are permitted to play football and right now, the chances of that seem quite remote.

4. Thanks (2): MVD, Palacio

Fav. Player
    sdv,skri,epic

Ukraine

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Calma ragazzi

Fav. Player
    javier zanetti

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    How so? He's underwhelming for the NT, only scoring against the likes of Estonia. Toro is more lethal in front of goal both for Inter and the NT, he just needs more IQ which will come with experience (and better service).
    Because Werner is a better player. He's better in front of the goal, he has more speed, he's better team player. I don't underestimate Toro, i think he's great player with greater potential, but I don't think he's THAT good. In my opinion, Lukaku is way more important for us than Toro.

Despite my opinion about Werner and Toro, I don't want us to sell Toro, but it depends on him. If he want to leave, we must sell him.
    Save Radja.

7. Thanks (2): Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by javier_zanetti <3 View Post
    Because Werner is a better player. He's better in front of the goal, he has more speed, he's better team player. I don't underestimate Toro, i think he's great player with greater potential, but I don't think he's THAT good. In my opinion, Lukaku is way more important for us than Toro.

Despite my opinion about Werner and Toro, I don't want us to sell Toro, but it depends on him. If he want to leave, we must sell him.
    Don't know too much about Werner but completely disagree over Lautaro's and Lukaku's importance for the team. Like Lukaku does maybe half the work Lautaro does during the matches (don't know about off-the-pitch stuff).

9. Thanks (1): eduzee

Switzerland

Better is highly subjective, particularly when you compare two different profile players that occupy distinct areas of the pitch & are employed in tactical systems that suit their strengths

Werner is a lot like a David Villa profile of player - a winger who can play as an inside forward although El guaje was better at pressing/defending nevermind rising to the occasion in the biggest moments to convert chances.

Lautaro is a true #9 who can create something out of virtually nothing not too dissimilar to Luis Suarez - he has the mental & hard working profile you covet in a striker who can occupy central defenders by dropping deep and creating space for other attacking players

Both have great qualities to add to a team IMHO but really depends on how you intend to set up. In many ways, Timo could/would fit in great on that left side for Barca, for example but the current search is for a Luis Suarez profile #9 and there simply aren't any out there that come close...apart from Lautaro

11. Thanks (1): nurko

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

GdS today reports that Barca have offered 80m + Semedo, Firpo & Todibo for Lautaro. Marotta say no. Barca have supposedly given themselves until the middle of May to close out the transfer.

https://twitter.com/capuanogio/statu...447172609?s=20
    If that's the case (big IF, GdS spouts an incredible amount of shit), we're moving in the right way in terms of cash offered, but the players offered are nowhere near good enough.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    If that's the case (big IF, GdS spouts an incredible amount of shit), we're moving in the right way in terms of cash offered, but the players offered are nowhere near good enough.
    Sport & MD claiming similar & of course just as unreliable

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Croatia

Who are Firpo and Todibo?

15. Thanks (1): eduzee

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    80 + Semedo, Firpo and Todibo is a good move in my opinion.

17. Thanks (1): vex

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gane View Post
    Who are Firpo and Todibo?
    New Montoya and Bartra
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    New Montoya and Bartra
    That's what i thought, i find it funny how Barcelona overrates those youngsters from Masia and yet they haven't produced player since Messi.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gane View Post
    That's what i thought, i find it funny how Barcelona overrates those youngsters from Masia and yet they haven't produced player since Messi.
    Neither of them is from Masia. Firpo is a Barcelona flop who came from Betis and Todibo is a talented but unproven youngster who came from Toulouse.
    Francesco Toldo: "Winning in this club is different; it is the satisfaction of arriving at the port after going through a storm".

21. Thanks (3): eduzee, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    No to any barca youth unless its messi..
    Very cautious towards young barca players they usually look way better at barca then they do anywhere else.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

23. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, eduzee

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

For what it's worth Todibo looked pretty good against us IIRC, but then again I was drunk by the 20' since I knew we'd fuck it so he could have been terrible.

Still, we're fine at CB so even the one player that looks alright in that deal is useless to us.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

United States

Todibo is 20 and has played like 30 professional matches. The kid needs experience imo. Perhaps we see this as a cheaper option than Kumbulla, who is also admittedly inexperienced. The difference is Kumbulla will have had a “full” season of playing time in Serie similar to Bastoni.

Todibo would add some athleticism though.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Todibo is 20 and has played like 30 professional matches. The kid needs experience imo. Perhaps we see this as a cheaper option than Kumbulla, who is also admittedly inexperienced. The difference is Kumbulla will have had a “full” season of playing time in Serie similar to Bastoni.

Todibo would add some athleticism though.
    Coming from barca I can only imagine Todibo is on significantly higher wages though.

28. Thanks (2): DARi0, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    That's a lot but none of those players give much value to Inter apart from maybe Semedo but that tells more about the quality of our right wing than anything else. Barcelona needs to sell some of these players elsewhere so that they can bump up their cash value of their offer. Marotta ain't having none of that counterpart bullshit.

30. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, Lui, Materazzi_23

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Its seems that Barcelona would have to be the loser in any hypothetical deal. They do get the best player in the deal, but there is no way they will get him at fair market price, be it through players or money.
    "Madonna...é un macello qua"

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Yes, plus, LM release clause may be 110,but inter could value him around 150m,who knows. If barca are trying to negotiate around the relause clause, we should be valuing him around that and pushing for as much as we can. We can't accept shit counter parts and 60m say.

33. Thanks (3): CafeCordoba, MVD, Strale